7 Pages«<34567>
CBK governor nominee is Single.....
Swenani
#81 Posted: : Thursday, June 18, 2015 8:24:43 PM

radio wrote:
githundi wrote:
Alba wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Whether the guy is married or not is very relevant, it speaks to his persona.

Lets be honest, I do not think this guy is bringing any new technical knowhow to CBK that a first year Econ 101 student does not know off.

What he is coming to do is to manage people resources to achieve results and goals. It is therefore important to understand his values in life as they will impact the productivity of a whole bunch of people working under him as well as the country.

How will his marital status affect productivity or anything? This is the thing no one has explained.

why is there marital status clause on your cv?

Do people still put their marital status on CV?

Most US companies require to know your marital status, race and veteran status.All which in my view are used to screen applicants
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Mike Ock
#82 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 10:36:20 PM

It's good that some wazees are considering staying single and childless. Nyinyi hamwuoni vile tumejaza hii Nairobi?! Mara jam, mara water shortage, mara housing shortage. We need to be reducing our numbers at this point, not increasing at every opportunity! Even me I might offer myself for this worthy cause. Six years single now, no kids, going year seven. My business has thrived in the meantime also. Time well spent. I'm even considering vasectomy + sperm storage at this point to avoid the baby trap being set all over by these Nairobi women!
Alba
#83 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 11:49:27 PM

Swenani wrote:
radio wrote:
githundi wrote:
Alba wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:

Lets be honest, I do not think this guy is bringing any new technical knowhow to CBK that a first year Econ 101 student does not know off.

What he is coming to do is to manage people resources to achieve results and goals. It is therefore important to understand his values in life as they will impact the productivity of a whole bunch of people working under him as well as the country.

How will his marital status affect productivity or anything? This is the thing no one has explained.

why is there marital status clause on your cv?

Do people still put their marital status on CV?

Most US companies require to know your marital status, race and veteran status.All which in my view are used to screen applicants

Wacha zako
Marital status is not required and never asked unless an employer wants a lawsuit against him.

Race is always optional. It specifically says on the job application that information regarding race is optional.

Here is a US Government website explaining what is considered discrimination.
Alba
#84 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 11:52:31 PM

digitek1 wrote:
Alba wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
Alba wrote:
This must be the chap whose name is immortalized on the Strathmore Honours board as scholar of the year 1978

This is the official CBK governor nominee muchene thread so tell us more. What is he reputed to have done?

He scored the highest marks in form six exams 1978

this appointment has mcFie, Terry ryan and Shaw all over it

That Muzungu chap you mentioned used to play wing for Kenya Harlequins RFC back in the day.

He was a big tall strong fella. And very temperamental even in his old age. One time when I was in form three, some classmate of mine was misbehaving and the Muzungu came to him, grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and pinned him to the wall.

Angechapa huyo kijana kofi. Luckily our maths teacher who was around intervened and calmed the muzungu down.

Sema Kuzusha

mpobiz
#85 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 12:17:12 AM

Mike Ock wrote:
It's good that some wazees are considering staying single and childless. Nyinyi hamwuoni vile tumejaza hii Nairobi?! Mara jam, mara water shortage, mara housing shortage. We need to be reducing our numbers at this point, not increasing at every opportunity! Even me I might offer myself for this worthy cause. Six years single now, no kids, going year seven. My business has thrived in the meantime also. Time well spent. I'm even considering vasectomy + sperm storage at this point to avoid the baby trap being set all over by these Nairobi women!

Yes Nairobi imejaa . But the government is opening a new corridor called LAPSSET . which is going to have its own cities and towns. Who is going to fill them? or the Chinese are coming ?

As for you, be fruitful and increase in number; multiply on the earth and increase upon it." Gen 9/7
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
Alba
#86 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 1:09:02 AM

mpobiz wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:

Yes Nairobi imejaa . But the government is opening a new corridor called LAPSSET . which is going to have its own cities and towns. Who is going to fill them? or the Chinese are coming ?

As for you, be fruitful and increase in number; multiply on the earth and increase upon it." Gen 9/7

Even if people move to the new corridor if it ever comes into existence, Nairobi will still be overcrowded.

As far back as the 1990s, Nairobi's population was half what it is right now and there were still acute shortages and traffic. Things only became worse since then.

Remember that Nairobi was a city planned for 300,000 people. As it grew, no additional city planning was done. Everything has just expanded haphazardly over the past 40 years.
Muriel
#87 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 8:01:32 AM

Alba wrote:
mpobiz wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:

Even if people move to the new corridor if it ever comes into existence, Nairobi will still be overcrowded.

As far back as the 1990s, Nairobi's population was half what it is right now and there were still acute shortages and traffic. Things only became worse since then.

Remember that Nairobi was a city planned for 300,000 people. As it grew, no additional city planning was done. Everything has just expanded haphazardly over the past 40 years.

And that is the problem. Not 'overpopulation' - an elitist sentiment that at its core has eugenics.
Muriel
#88 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 8:10:48 AM

Alba wrote:
Euge wrote:
Muriel wrote:
digitek1 wrote:
Wamunyota wrote:
Muriel wrote:
Alba wrote:
McReggae wrote:
There is really nothing wrong with asking him that question in my opinion!!!!!

Yaani this thread is shocking !
Eh? Eh? Eh?
A person's marital status is NOT important ! It has absolutely no bearing on whether he can perform this job.
Being a married person does not mean you are responsible. Some people cheat on their spouses. Some abuse their children and so forth.

Suggesting that a person should be married or not married is clear discrimination.

When a society insists that people must be married to do certain jobs, you literally get people marrying for the wrong reasons or staying in loveless marriages like Bill and Hillary Clinton.

If feel sorry for Njoroge. He lived Majuu for almost 3 decades. The Kenyan way of doing things must be a huge culture shock. In America for example, it is actually illegal for an employer to ask questions about a person's marital status. If you ask this question during an interview, the job applicant can actually sue for discrminination if (s)he does'nt get the job.

Wakenya kweli !

Overlaying western concepts onto the African obviously leads to shock.

Applause Applause Western concepts are the yardstick for africans.

@alba living majuu 3 decades does not a mzungu make...you are still nyeuthi as far as they are concerned. wouldn't be a surprised he doesn't know no swa or kiuk Laughing out loudly,

Conversely, he might also attempt overlay 'western' concepts on this typically African economy. Prepare for more shocks.

If it leaves our economy better, its fine.

Firstly this has nothing to do with copying western values. This is about fairness. We should be humble enough to learn from the west because lets face it, there is a lot we can learn from them.

Secondly, I still haven't seen a good explanation as to why a person being single makes him unsuitable for any job. Why is this even an issue for people to dwell on? I know a lot of single men and women who are excellent at their jobs. I am sure you do too.

It is true that his family life is but a segment of 'investments', or lack thereof. It is surely not insane to raise a concern as he definitely will not be affected in the least tiny bit way if something bad were to happen to this ship. But let's hope only good things will happen.
Wamunyota
#89 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 9:16:51 AM

Mike Ock wrote:

Shame on you Shame on you You are a disgrace to manhood.
Hutia Mundu!!
rryyzz
#90 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 9:30:16 AM

He got the job finally, so what was the big issue about him being single nkt. On a lighter note, it looks like being rude to the MPs, as Monica Juma was accused of, is a worse crime... Kenyans or is it Africans we always have to look for that kasomething.....
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.... Leo Buscaglia
Wamunyota
#91 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 10:07:11 AM

rryyzz wrote:
He got the job finally, so what was the big issue about him being single nkt. On a lighter note, it looks like being rude to the MPs, as Monica Juma was accused of, is a worse crime... Kenyans or is it Africans we always have to look for that kasomething.....

Cogratulations to him.I wish him well.One of the reasons why some people voted for Uhuru is because if Kenya burns today his family would incur the worst losses than any other family due to their vast business interests.It is therefore in his interest that Kenya succeeds.If CBK burns,Dr.Njoroge just needs to pack his bag and go.He has neither wife nor property in kenya and therefore very little to lose.
Hutia Mundu!!
Muriel
#92 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 10:26:42 AM

Wamunyota wrote:
rryyzz wrote:

Cogratulations to him.I wish him well.One of the reasons why some people voted for Uhuru is because if Kenya burns today his family would incur the worst losses than any other family due to their vast business interests.It is therefore in his interest that Kenya succeeds.If CBK burns,Dr.Njoroge just needs to pack his bag and go.He has neither wife nor property in kenya and therefore very little to lose.

He has man-bag. Or rucksack?
Wamunyota
#93 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 10:58:38 AM

Muriel wrote:
Wamunyota wrote:
rryyzz wrote:

He has man-bag. Or rucksack?

Hutia Mundu!!
nakujua
#94 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 11:49:37 AM

harrydre wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Alba wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:

If he is not productive and active in bed, he cannot be productive anywhere

Botswana one of the best led countries in Africa has a president who is Single. Dj Ck one of the most successful africans is not married...the list can be long

smile kwa nini list yako ni fupi smile
wa P
#95 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 12:42:06 PM

nakujua wrote:
harrydre wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Alba wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:

If he is not productive and active in bed, he cannot be productive anywhere

Botswana one of the best led countries in Africa has a president who is Single. Dj Ck one of the most successful africans is not married...the list can be long

smile kwa nini list yako ni fupi smile

Na alitoa Mary-yani waPi?
Euge
#96 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 12:56:17 PM

Dr Ngugi is the younger brother of Bishop Muheria of the Catholic Diocese of Kitui.
Lord, thank you!
Jitahidi
#97 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 1:25:28 PM

Euge wrote:
Dr Ngugi is the younger brother of Bishop Muheria of the Catholic Diocese of Kitui.

What?
Euge
#98 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 1:40:28 PM

Jitahidi wrote:
[quote=Euge]Dr Ngugi is the younger brother of Bishop Muheria of the Catholic Diocese of Kitui.

What?[/quote]

Yes
Lord, thank you!
mpobiz
#99 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 2:28:18 PM

Muriel wrote:
Alba wrote:
mpobiz wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:

And that is the problem. Not 'overpopulation' - an elitist sentiment that at its core has eugenics.

Applause Applause Applause that's a good quote. Tokyo and los santos cities have 4times the population of Nairobi , and planning has managed to support such a population with minimal loss to the quality of life for the majority .
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
jaggernaut
#100 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 1:01:06 AM

http://www.nation.co.ke/.../-/mkf1fhz/-/index.html

C&P
The man in charge of Kenya’s money has turned down the offer to live in an expansive home in Nairobi’s Muthaiga and ride in a motorcade.

Dr Patrick Ngugi Njoroge, who took over as Central Bank of Kenya governor last week, will instead be housed in communal accommodation in Nairobi’s Loresho estate with his fellow members of Opus Dei (Latin Work of God), an institution of the Catholic church.

Dr Njoroge, who is turning out to be a man of exemplary modesty, has also turned down an office-issued high end smart phone, a bevy of security guards and three cars.

Central Bank governors have at their disposal a Range Rover, Mercedes Benz and a VW Passat.

In a country where appointment to public office is associated with opulence, demand for higher pay and motorcades, Dr Njoroge’s decision to pass up a chance to live in a house on two acres located in the city’s most exclusive suburb is a rare one.

Had he taken up the offer, some of his neighbours would have been former President Mwai Kibaki, the US ambassador, British high commissioner and former Attorney General Charles Njonjo.