CBK governor nominee is Single.....
Muriel
#61 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 10:53:16 AM

digitek1 wrote:
Wamunyota wrote:
Muriel wrote:
Alba wrote:
McReggae wrote:
There is really nothing wrong with asking him that question in my opinion!!!!!

Yaani this thread is shocking !
Eh? Eh? Eh?
A person's marital status is NOT important ! It has absolutely no bearing on whether he can perform this job.
Being a married person does not mean you are responsible. Some people cheat on their spouses. Some abuse their children and so forth.

Suggesting that a person should be married or not married is clear discrimination.

When a society insists that people must be married to do certain jobs, you literally get people marrying for the wrong reasons or staying in loveless marriages like Bill and Hillary Clinton.

If feel sorry for Njoroge. He lived Majuu for almost 3 decades. The Kenyan way of doing things must be a huge culture shock. In America for example, it is actually illegal for an employer to ask questions about a person's marital status. If you ask this question during an interview, the job applicant can actually sue for discrminination if (s)he does'nt get the job.

Wakenya kweli !

Overlaying western concepts onto the African obviously leads to shock.

Applause Applause Western concepts are the yardstick for africans.

@alba living majuu 3 decades does not a mzungu make...you are still nyeuthi as far as they are concerned. wouldn't be a surprised he doesn't know no swa or kiuk Laughing out loudly,

Conversely, he might also attempt overlay 'western' concepts on this typically African economy. Prepare for more shocks.
Euge
#62 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 10:56:05 AM

Muriel wrote:
digitek1 wrote:
Wamunyota wrote:
Muriel wrote:
Alba wrote:
McReggae wrote:

Eh? Eh? Eh?
A person's marital status is NOT important ! It has absolutely no bearing on whether he can perform this job.
Being a married person does not mean you are responsible. Some people cheat on their spouses. Some abuse their children and so forth.

Suggesting that a person should be married or not married is clear discrimination.

When a society insists that people must be married to do certain jobs, you literally get people marrying for the wrong reasons or staying in loveless marriages like Bill and Hillary Clinton.

If feel sorry for Njoroge. He lived Majuu for almost 3 decades. The Kenyan way of doing things must be a huge culture shock. In America for example, it is actually illegal for an employer to ask questions about a person's marital status. If you ask this question during an interview, the job applicant can actually sue for discrminination if (s)he does'nt get the job.

Wakenya kweli !

@alba living majuu 3 decades does not a mzungu make...you are still nyeuthi as far as they are concerned. wouldn't be a surprised he doesn't know no swa or kiuk Laughing out loudly,

Conversely, he might also attempt overlay 'western' concepts on this typically African economy. Prepare for more shocks.

If it leaves our economy better, its fine.
Lord, thank you!
streetwise
#63 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 11:09:21 AM

Kenya was led for 24yrs by a single guy amam.
Alba
#64 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 3:59:52 PM

Swenani wrote:
Alba wrote:
McReggae wrote:

Eh? Eh? Eh?

Wakenya kweli !

Why Is Bill and Hillary still married?

They are only married on paper because it benefits their respective careers. Hillary would have a tall order getting elected if she was a divorcee.

They do not even live in the same house.
Othelo
#65 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 4:03:53 PM

streetwise wrote:
Kenya was led for 24yrs by a single guy amam.

single man with 6 grown up children(s)
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
Alba
#66 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 4:04:08 PM

Euge wrote:
Muriel wrote:
digitek1 wrote:
Wamunyota wrote:
Muriel wrote:
Alba wrote:
McReggae wrote:

Eh? Eh? Eh?

Wakenya kweli !

If it leaves our economy better, its fine.

Firstly this has nothing to do with copying western values. This is about fairness. We should be humble enough to learn from the west because lets face it, there is a lot we can learn from them.

Secondly, I still haven't seen a good explanation as to why a person being single makes him unsuitable for any job. Why is this even an issue for people to dwell on? I know a lot of single men and women who are excellent at their jobs. I am sure you do too.
Swenani
#67 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 4:06:39 PM

Alba wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Alba wrote:
McReggae wrote:

Eh? Eh? Eh?

Wakenya kweli !

They are only married on paper because it benefits their respective careers. Hillary would have a tall order getting elected if she was a divorcee.

So,If America the "developed world"expects public officials to be married, who are we?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Alba
#68 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 4:12:09 PM

digitek1 wrote:

He is not claiming to be a mzungu. Are you telling me that there are no Africans who are single at age 54?
Whether he can speak Kiuk is irrelevant to this job. Many Nairobi millenials cannot speak their mother tongue anymore because their parents spoke to them in sheng. Should we discriminate against them too?

When it comes to western values, we must adopt those that will make us a better society. It would be silly for us not to learn from the west.

One area that the west does much better than Kenya is in addressing discrimination. I can tell you with 100% certainty that discrimination is worse in Kenya than it is in America. For example Kenyan tribalism is far worse and more insidious than the racism that happens in America. And at least in America they have taken steps to address discrimination. We Kenyans have not even tried.

Alba
#69 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 4:16:30 PM

Swenani wrote:
Alba wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Alba wrote:
McReggae wrote:

Eh? Eh? Eh?

Wakenya kweli !

So,If America the "developed world"expects public officials to be married, who are we?

The point is that in America they are at least trying to address this issue. It is illegal to ask about a person's marital status in an interview because it is discrimination. They understand that this is unfair and discriminatory so they created laws to prevent it. We Kenyans should also have laws that bar discrimination.

I can guarantee that if Patrick Njoroge was applying for a similar job huko majuu, no one would bother with his marital status.

With regard to Hillary, no politician will dare criticize her openly if she was divorced because that would engender a backlash. Unfortunately people will speak about it in hushed tones and it will distract from her core message.

I am not saying the west is perfect. I am saying when they find out that there is a problem, they often try to fix it and educate the public.

And they are now making progress. This year we now have presidential candidates who have never been married,namely Lindsey Graham. And he is also the elected Senator from highly conservative South Carolina and has been re-elected at least once. Clearly the voters did not discriminate against him because he was single.

Thats progress.

We need similar progress in Kenya where people are judged on their ability to do the job, not sijui which ethnic group he comes from or his marital status or sijui nini.

Obi 1 Kanobi
#70 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 4:44:18 PM

Whether the guy is married or not is very relevant, it speaks to his persona.

Lets be honest, I do not think this guy is bringing any new technical knowhow to CBK that a first year Econ 101 student does not know off.

What he is coming to do is to manage people resources to achieve results and goals. It is therefore important to understand his values in life as they will impact the productivity of a whole bunch of people working under him as well as the country.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Alba
#71 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 4:57:20 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:

Lets be honest, I do not think this guy is bringing any new technical knowhow to CBK that a first year Econ 101 student does not know off.

What he is coming to do is to manage people resources to achieve results and goals. It is therefore important to understand his values in life as they will impact the productivity of a whole bunch of people working under him as well as the country.

How will his marital status affect productivity or anything? This is the thing no one has explained.
streetwise
#72 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 5:00:24 PM

Image when you go to him with excuses like taking kid to I do not know where ...I think the guys at CBK had better pull up thier socks.

This is what UK wants to fix and fo that reason he got the right guy.
Swenani
#73 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 5:16:44 PM

Alba wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:

How will his marital status affect productivity or anything? This is the thing no one has explained.

If he is not productive and active in bed, he cannot be productive anywhere
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Alba
#74 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 5:20:12 PM

streetwise wrote:
Image when you go to him with excuses like taking kid to I do not know where ...I think the guys at CBK had better pull up thier socks.

This is what UK wants to fix and fo that reason he got the right guy.

If thats what people are worried about then the interviewers should ask him questions regarding with work/life balance is important to him.

Further to that, employers should stress the importance of work-life balance to their staff. Work-Life balance is important to all people even in the west.
Alba
#75 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 5:21:50 PM

Swenani wrote:
Alba wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Some single people sleep with 3 or 4 different partners a week. In fact some people stay single because they cannot commit to one partner.
streetwise
#76 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 5:46:54 PM

It is known as indecisiveness
Angelica _ann
#77 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 5:55:05 PM

Let me look for his contacts, you never know Drool
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
harrydre
#78 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 5:55:43 PM

Swenani wrote:
Alba wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:

Botswana one of the best led countries in Africa has a president who is Single. Dj Ck one of the most successful africans is not married...the list can be long
i.am.back!!!!
githundi
#79 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 6:11:16 PM

Alba wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:

why is there marital status clause on your cv?
Democracy does not belong to the dead
radio
#80 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 7:28:13 PM

githundi wrote:
Alba wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:

why is there marital status clause on your cv?

Do people still put their marital status on CV?