wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

KRA issues
Tbags
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2015 4:06:02 PM

I receive the following email from itax admin.

We regret to inform you that your Application for Tax Compliance Certificate dated 25/05/2015 has been rejected.

Below are the reasons for rejection : DIRECTORS TO APPEAR IN ELDORET OFFICE WITH BANK STATEMENTS TO EXPLIAIN THE NIL FILING.

Regards,
Commissioner
Medium and Small Taxpayer Office
Kenya Revenue Authority

The company formed three years ago has not had any operations.hata bank account sijafungua bado.But I have been filing nil returns faithfully knowing one day I will put the company in use.

My question is;
Is it illegal to file Nil return ?
mlennyma
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2015 5:32:41 PM

Tbags wrote:
I receive the following email from itax admin.

We regret to inform you that your Application for Tax Compliance Certificate dated 25/05/2015 has been rejected.

Below are the reasons for rejection : DIRECTORS TO APPEAR IN ELDORET OFFICE WITH BANK STATEMENTS TO EXPLIAIN THE NIL FILING.

Regards,
Commissioner
Medium and Small Taxpayer Office
Kenya Revenue Authority

The company formed three years ago has not had any operations.hata bank account sijafungua bado.But I have been filing nil returns faithfully knowing one day I will put the company in use.

My question is;
Is it illegal to file Nil return ?

is it a company or a business name registered and put in your pocket?
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
mlennyma
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2015 5:47:24 PM

I think your worst mistake was to keep filling returns meaning you were in business, it only creates suspicion when for three years you make nil. Thats why you are required to appear and shed light why you want to be tax compliant and you have never paid a cent?
Tbags
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2015 6:10:18 PM

mlennyma wrote:
I think your worst mistake was to keep filling returns meaning you were in business, it only creates suspicion when for three years you make nil. Thats why you are required to appear and shed light why you want to be tax compliant and you have never paid a cent?

its a company.The thing is I wanted to use it for some business but was unable to take off at that time..now I want to try some tenders.Since I had taken VAT,I was adviced to keep filing nil untill am ready..
Caramba
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2015 6:38:18 PM

mlennyma wrote:

I am sailing in the same boat. I Registered my company in 2012 and applied for PIN online. The cyber dude inadvertently put a VAT Obligation on the Cert.

Early last year, I wrote to KRA asking for removal of the VAT obligation. They invited me for an interview, during which I gave reasons for the request. They promised to get back, but till today, nothing.

I've been forced to file monthly nil returns in the interim.
mlennyma
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2015 7:04:08 PM

Tbags wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

its a company.The thing is I wanted to use it for some business but was unable to take off at that time..now I want to try some tenders.Since I had taken VAT,I was adviced to keep filing nil untill am ready..

you have a good explanation may be this is what they want to hear
wazuaguest
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2015 1:23:13 PM

I registered a company in 2013 through some lawyers and there were issues with the articles.So I decided to keep the documents in a shelf. I didn't register for PIN(KRA) or VAT.I hope I have no obligations with KRA,or do I?
Africa belongs to Africans.
Chaka
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2015 4:20:08 PM

Is it allowed for a Co.to go on holiday and advise KRA of the same so that during that period they would not expect VAT returns,which will be NIL anyway?
westkate
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2015 3:57:17 PM

shend more advice on the same issue thsi nill payments etc