wazua Tue, May 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Amana Capital
Chaka
#21 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2015 11:19:47 AM

jano wrote:
some companies post lower rate but that is net of management fee unlike others that post gross return,also something to be keen on is whether the interest is simple interest or compounded.

I work with one of the 'others' and for anyone who needs insights give your contacts.

Send me info,
chakacrafts at gmail dot com
TheGeek
#22 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2015 12:05:44 PM

jano wrote:
some companies post lower rate but that is net of management fee unlike others that post gross return,also something to be keen on is whether the interest is simple interest or compounded.

I work with one of the 'others' and for anyone who needs insights give your contacts.

upload the information to wazua@googlegroups.com for everyone's benefit.

In the world of securities, courage and patience become the supreme virtues after adequate knowledge and a tested judgment are at hand.
Victorianjagi
#23 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2015 1:10:12 PM

Yes i know them. I used to work there and i've also invested with them. smile Passed the feedback that they need to ammend their website to give more info though
Gordon Gekko
#24 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2015 6:25:51 AM

Victorianjagi wrote:
The gains are NOT subject to WHT. For the 91 days lock period indicated, it means you cannot withdraw at all before 91 days. After 91 days, you can withdraw , but there are penalties of 3% if you withdraw in the first year, 2% if you withdraw in the second year and 1% if you withdraw in the last year. So basically its like your money is locked for 3 years! Last year their Growth and Balanced fund didnt perform well, but since January the rates have shot up! For their Shilling Fund , it may not be the best performing currently, but they have had the best returns in the past.

Incorrect. When I made a withdrawal they deducted W/H tax. I'd always had the impression that what shows on the statement is net.
Chaka
#25 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2015 9:06:14 AM

[/quote]
Incorrect. When I made a withdrawal they deducted W/H tax. I'd always had the impression that what shows on the statement is net.[/quote]
I thought so too.But for the balanced fund,how would they apportion the gains due to equities?
And if you wanted to switch from the equity fund to the money market,I suppose they would deduct WHT first before investing?
murchr
#26 Posted : Thursday, June 04, 2015 8:44:40 PM

BE CAREFUL
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
kysse
#27 Posted : Sunday, June 07, 2015 10:57:04 PM

murchr wrote:
BE CAREFUL

Why?

Is it easy to change one's pension scheme from corporate(company A with scheme) to an individual's (Company B without scheme) and double one's individual contributions?

Which company offers the best Retirement benefit plan? Most often we have no say but the employer.

Will company A easily transfer one's savings over the years to company B?

Lastly, what should one look out for when choosing a good scheme?

Chaka
#28 Posted : Sunday, June 07, 2015 11:03:21 PM

@kysse,
Start a new thread.What you are asking is in the wrong place..
Gordon Gekko
#29 Posted : Monday, June 08, 2015 1:50:24 PM

Victorianjagi wrote:
Yes i know them. I used to work there and i've also invested with them. smile Passed the feedback that they need to ammend their website to give more info though

Funny I got a mail from them today signed by you.......
Jump-steady
#30 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2015 2:59:40 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
Victorianjagi wrote:

smile
jaw
#31 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 1:52:24 PM

funny........
Decided to try them anyways but registering online and opening an account is a not a good experience..anyone else got issues with their websiteEh?
Gordon Gekko wrote:
Victorianjagi wrote: