wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

81 Pages«<4243444546>»
The KenolKobil 2015 pendulum
mlennyma
#861 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 9:26:15 AM

Realtreaty wrote:
Next direction to be guided by HY2016 results. I can see some positive signs

the supply pattern has been pointing no major handle all the way to 11,so far we know gaining market share,new deliveries,dominating jet fuel and revenue from outside the core business could result to good tidings as we wait.
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
mlennyma
#862 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 9:27:54 AM

Realtreaty wrote:
Next direction to be guided by HY2016 results. I can see some positive signs

mlennyma
#863 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2016 10:03:52 AM

Can you smell a new high past 11.60 ?
Aguytrying
#864 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2016 7:12:53 PM

mlennyma wrote:

Yes but I wonder why with the market heading south
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
mlennyma
#865 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 12:31:46 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

safcom set a new high in a red market so it's possible
Aguytrying
#866 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 12:58:37 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

This is a very confusing bear market. Look at individual stocks not the index. Makes one realise the stocks that have dropped the index from 5000+ must have really dropped individually
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
mlennyma
#867 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 6:48:51 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

This is a very confusing bear market. Look at individual stocks not the index. Makes one realise the stocks that have dropped the index from 5000+ must have really dropped individually

very true,can you imagine a stock still in the positive territory when the index is approaching 2000 pts down? ?amazing
VituVingiSana
#868 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 8:54:54 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

very true,can you imagine a stock still in the positive territory when the index is approaching 2000 pts down? ?amazing

Whether we’re talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down - Warren Buffett

Even in a bear market, some stocks may hold up based on improving fundamentals. For KK, the increase in profits YOY has helped.

The PER has dropped for KK 2016 vs 2015 so in a sense there has been a price drop. I expect 2/- for FY 2016. Would KK have increased from 8-ish in 2015 to 10-ish in 2016 without the (projected) 2x EPS increase?

Whether we’re talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down - Warren Buffett
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#869 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2016 7:01:08 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Even in a bear market, some stocks may hold up based on improving fundamentals. For KK, the increase in profits YOY has helped.

The PER has dropped for KK 2016 vs 2015 so in a sense there has been a price drop. I expect 2/- for FY 2016. Would KK have increased from 8-ish in 2015 to 10-ish in 2016 without the (projected) 2x EPS increase?

KES 2 increase over 2 years.. Wouldn't it be better to sell socks

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
murchr
#870 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2016 7:42:54 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Laughing out loudly
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
VituVingiSana
#871 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2016 8:02:21 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

KK +20% + dividends over the past 2 years.
KQ -60% + zero dividends over the past 2 years.
Who's your Daddy? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

We don't get paid for activity, just for being right. As to how long we'll wait, we'll wait indefinitely. - Warren Buffett

Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1. - Warren Buffett. Has KK lost money for the past 2 years? Has KQ made any money over the past 2 years?

When we own portions of outstanding businesses with outstanding managements, our favorite holding period is forever. - Warren Buffett

The stock market is a no-called-strike game. You don’t have to swing at everything — you can wait for your pitch. The problem when you’re a money manager is that your fans keep yelling, ‘Swing, you bum!’ - Warren Buffett Let's leave the swinging to others. We are happy to wait for the right pitch. EPS 2/- for FY 2016

I try to buy stock in businesses that are so wonderful that an idiot can run them. Because sooner or later, one will. - Warren Buffett
Naikuni, Mbugua and their crooked friends.

It’s far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price. - Warren Buffett Applause Applause Applause KK meets this criteria very well.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#872 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2016 8:13:23 AM

Dear @Obiero,

Can we find a [trusted] party to place the 200k, 100k each, with so neither of us can back out using 'religion' as an excuse?

Thanks,

VVS

P.S. @Wazuans - Suggestions?
Ebenyo
#873 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2016 10:02:15 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Dear @Obiero,

Can we find a [trusted] party to place the 200k, 100k each, with so neither of us can back out using 'religion' as an excuse?

Thanks,

VVS

It was agreed earlier the bet is on.Now i hear about religion again.One person here is not keen about the bet.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
enyands
#874 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2016 10:06:48 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Dear @Obiero,

Thanks,

VVS

It was agreed earlier the bet is on.Now i hear about religion again.One person here is not keen about the bet.

Btw vvs and kaka obiero what's going to be your legal take if the bet isn't honored by either of the parties? Curious though
Ebenyo
#875 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2016 1:05:32 PM

enyands wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Dear @Obiero,

Thanks,

VVS

Btw vvs and kaka obiero what's going to be your legal take if the bet isn't honored by either of the parties? Curious though

im willing to be an umpire but unfortunately mi niko mbali na nyinyi.Obiero and vvs each gives kshs 100000.That will be a total sum of 200k.Each person gives a charity of his own.Mwenye atashinda bet,we take the money to his charity of choice.For example if the charity of choice is a children home,we buy food,clothes and gifts with the money and take to the children.The balance tunachimbia hiyo home maji ama tunalipia school fees watoto kama kumi hivi.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
obiero
#876 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2016 4:40:10 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
enyands wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Dear @Obiero,

Thanks,

VVS

im willing to be an umpire but unfortunately mi niko mbali na nyinyi.Obiero and vvs each gives kshs 100000.That will be a total sum of 200k.Each person gives a charity of his own.Mwenye atashinda bet,we take the money to his charity of choice.For example if the charity of choice is a children home,we buy food,clothes and gifts with the money and take to the children.The balance tunachimbia hiyo home maji ama tunalipia school fees watoto kama kumi hivi.

My religion does not allow such shennanigans. Time will be our witness that the goose is cooked and ready to be eaten. KES 2 in 2 years. Still cant wrap my head around such a meager return

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Othelo
#877 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2016 5:01:05 PM

obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
enyands wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Dear @Obiero,

Thanks,

VVS

My religion does not allow such shennanigans. Time will be our witness that the goose is cooked and ready to be eaten. KES 2 in 2 years. Still cant wrap my head around such a meager return

You have chicken out nicely smile
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
VituVingiSana
#878 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2016 7:01:24 PM

obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
enyands wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Dear @Obiero,

Thanks,

VVS

KK = +25% in 2 years Applause Applause Applause
KQ = NEGATIVE 60% in 2 years d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
enyands
#879 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2016 7:27:25 PM

Othelo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
enyands wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Dear @Obiero,

Thanks,

VVS

You have chicken out nicely smile

Was hoping obiero and vvs could go to court so that I have a chance to know how they look like at daily papers .

I do have this imagination that vvs is tall huge Hindu with a turbin while obiero is this skinny tall dark guy who is living life on a huge spoon.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly .judging from the strong personality they potray on their comments .but bad luck obiero chickened out ....ouch
Kausha
#880 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2016 7:48:01 PM

@vvs been in the wilderness didn't know EPS 2/= is on the cards?