wazua Fri, May 17, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages«<789
The BigBox by Safaricom
geofreygachie
#161 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2015 3:02:59 PM

TUPAC wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
Anyone ever used a gsm signal repeater to boost data speeds in an area with not so good signal strength. Any recommendations?

Just had my signal repeater fixed. Was getting EDGE before. Now am on stable 3G in my house.

Interesting
Divers - can you laugh in scuba gear, or will you drown? I was wondering. - James May.
KulaRaha
#162 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2015 5:48:33 PM

where does one get a repeater?
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
TUPAC
#163 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2015 6:30:45 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
where does one get a repeater?

These fellows did it for me. Check them on OLX.

http://nairobicbd.olx.co...l-repeater-iid-817887850
...things fall apart...the centre cannot hold..mere anarchy is loosed upon the world...w b yeats
geofreygachie
#164 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2015 7:05:20 AM

TUPAC wrote:
[quote=KulaRaha]where does one get a repeater?

http://nairobicbd.olx.co...-repeater-iid-817887850[/quote]
@Tupac.How is your experience so far ?
Are your downloads /browsing the best that the 3G can offer?
Divers - can you laugh in scuba gear, or will you drown? I was wondering. - James May.
TUPAC
#165 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2015 8:04:34 AM

geofreygachie wrote:
TUPAC wrote:

@Tupac.How is your experience so far ?
Are your downloads /browsing the best that the 3G can offer?

Not at all. But I get better speeds than EDGE could offer before. This depends on the Signal outside. The external aerial picks the signal and this is amplified. Whereas I could only get unstable EDGE before, I can now comfortably get speeds of up to 1.9mbps. That's not bad compared to the headache I had on network access before. The amplifier is only meant for poor signals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellular_repeater
...things fall apart...the centre cannot hold..mere anarchy is loosed upon the world...w b yeats
geofreygachie
#166 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 8:14:41 AM

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
You can get the BIG box from any Safaricom Shop in Nairobi for Ksh 4,999 with 3GB of FREE internet.
However the 6GB at 1K is gone and now what is available is 5GB at Ksh. 1199 as usual ripping of Kenyans.At least i have enjoyed the 6GB per month for the last 5 months .

Uongo mingi,I laughed when i saw this on the Safaricom BIGbox page

Can I remove my sim card from my Bigbox?
theBIGBox SIM card comes preinstalled in theBIGbox and hence cannot be removed.(Yes you can, you own the box just remove the seal and pluck out the sim card )
Ati preinstalled by who an ,aliens ???? It's a human who installed and hence a human with the will to remove it can do it.
Safaricom only sold 1500 boxes Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Overwhelming is what they said it was ,should have been disappointing /failure ?????
washiku
#167 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 9:01:18 AM

geofreygachie wrote:
You can get the BIG box from any Safaricom Shop in Nairobi for Ksh 4,999 with 3GB of FREE internet.
However the 6GB at 1K is gone and now what is available is 5GB at Ksh. 1199 as usual ripping of Kenyans.At least i have enjoyed the 6GB per month for the last 5 months .

theBIGBox SIM card comes preinstalled in theBIGbox and hence cannot be removed.(Yes you can, you own the box just remove the seal and pluck out the sim card )
Ati preinstalled by who an ,aliens ???? It's a human who installed and hence a human with the will to remove it can do it.
Safaricom only sold 1500 boxes Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Overwhelmimg?????

Wacha tuweke link for those who are yet to see it:

http://www.businessdaily...6/-/3uyxiyz/-/index.html
geofreygachie
#168 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 9:03:05 AM

washiku wrote:
[quote=geofreygachie]Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

Safaricom only sold 1500 boxes Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Overwhelmimg?????

http://www.businessdaily.../-/3uyxiyz/-/index.html[/quote]

Applause Applause
KulaRaha
#169 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 9:23:58 AM

It will not be successful. Bundles for domestic/office use are useless.
KulaRaha
#170 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 9:25:08 AM

TUPAC wrote:

Thanks so much! Let me follow up.
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#171 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 10:09:45 AM

washiku wrote:
[quote=geofreygachie]Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

http://www.businessdaily.../-/3uyxiyz/-/index.html[/quote]

indeed nothing is for free. now we pay more for bundles.and they just donot want to learn.still pushing bundles for tv and now at a higher price . lol
watesh
#172 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 12:36:15 PM

15gb for 3200....looool i use around 120gb a month alone at almost the same price. Safaricom be serious with people
kayhara
#173 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 2:03:07 PM

geofreygachie wrote:

Safaricom only sold 1500 boxes Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Overwhelming is what they said it was ,should have been disappointing /failure ?????

the 50GB option is gone and now it's 30GB at 6,000/- if they had maintained the initial bundle prices I would have bought the box lakini sasa hio ni ufala even their WIMAX is relatively cheaper than the box offer.
To Each His Own
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#174 Posted : Thursday, February 04, 2016 9:49:44 AM

SHOCKED.

yani you want to mean you guys are buying this crap.kwani what are you using it for ?any tricks?

http://www.businessdaily...96/-/sl5s1j/-/index.html
sl8r
#175 Posted : Thursday, February 04, 2016 9:59:37 AM

[quote=Cornelius Vanderbilt]SHOCKED.

yani you want to mean you guys are buying this crap.kwani what are you using it for ?any tricks?

http://www.businessdaily...6/-/sl5s1j/-/index.html[/quote]

Shocked would be an understatement, as you can all see she's smiling all the way to the bank :D
bird_man
#176 Posted : Thursday, February 04, 2016 1:27:28 PM

This is a crap product unless they introduce inlimited bundles.Streaming HD content for 30mins will consume 1GB.....so the 50GB at 6k wont even last half a month.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
KulaRaha
#177 Posted : Thursday, February 04, 2016 1:40:37 PM

Another product/service that will be "ubered" if it hasn't been done already.
Major_General
#178 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 7:12:55 PM

Has anyone tried this- a DVB T2 and IP Hybrid @KSh 10,990

With Watch Africa Android TV Box, you will be spoilt for choice. We are a one-stop shop for all the entertainment you need, whenever and wherever you want it. Order on Jumia and have it delivered right to your doorstep.
Device Specifications

Dual-Core CPU @ 1.5 GHz
Mali 400 MP2 GPU
1GB DDR3 RAM
4GB NAND Flash storage
Android 4.1
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
4 USB 2.0
HDMI
Full HD 1080p Playback
Flash 10.3
Support HTML 5 Browser
Customizable UI
Support USB Mouse & keyboard
Why you should have it

For all you movie junkies, binge series watchers, sports lovers, we have just what you need and more. Watch africa has all you need. Just plug it in and discover a whole new world of live TV, TV shows, sporting events, movies, music and more. It offers you: Smart VOD which brings you the latest blockbusters, TV series and we make sure you never miss your favourite shows.Bollywood Store for the lovers of the Hindi Films, we got all of themBuni TV and Reel African for the local fans who need their daily dose of local content and Africa shows16+ Linear Channels there are 16 plus dedicated channel, 24 hrs a day to keep you entertained. From sports, cartoons, fashion, to music, everyone's 'thing' on TV is catered for.Some of the channels include:Basketball TV, Football TV, HIT Africa, Cartoon TV, Sports TV, France 24, Gossip and many more.
Some features require an internet connection.

Visit www.watchafrica.co.ke

https://www.jumia.co.ke/...brid-black-178382.html.