nakujua wrote:
geofreygachie wrote:
Nandwa wrote:
geofreygachie wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
muganda wrote:
Overwhelmed?

More like underwhelmed I suspect.

I am enjoying my monthly 6 GB plan .I have been on 3G+ signal and I cant complain .I am able to have FTA TV and internet on one package.

We appreciate your review and sharing of info from a first hand experience perspective. We assume that you arent tied to safcom in any other way that would influence your take on tbe matter.
Could you please provide your perspective in view of the unflaterring comments and points raised by fellow users - @Mike Ock and kaption

@Nandwa.I like trying out gadgets that are within my financial reach.Initially I had a Samsutech FTA but I had the limitation of not being able to stream internet content.When Safaricom announced the box I decided to try it out.This is my 2nd month with the box and its only the first month when I had connectivity and heating issues but one day I got an update notification and I did the OTA update which fixed the issues.
Right now I am using a combo of Huawei B270b with the sim that was in ..... And this gives me the best connection I have ever had.This is because the Huawei has an external aerial connection.My silly maths are I bought a box at Ksh 4000 + 6 GB for six months totalling to 10k.
By the way i don't represent Safaricom by all means.For calls i use unliminet,mpesa for mobile payments.

Interesting, lakini why are you using the Huawei modem and yet you have the big box, I thought the thing had connectivity mechinisms - ama you are only using the bigbox for tv, then the Huawei modem for internet.

is the 6gb for 6 months ama 6gb per month.

I wasn't very happy with the bigbox 3G (I am on a 3g area) reception so I did the necessary and now the connection is superb on Huawei + box sim card.I only use the box as FTA box but has wirelessly linked it to the Huawei for streaming purposes.
The 6GB is replenished by Safaricom every month.
Divers - can you laugh in scuba gear, or will you drown? I was wondering. - James May.
Nandwa
#142 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 8:12:35 PM

Thanks @geofreygachie.
we are now so much the wiser.
Cheers
Just as absolute power corrupts leaders, so does absolute fanaticism blind the people from logic
nakujua
#143 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 8:20:47 PM

geofreygachie wrote:
nakujua wrote:
geofreygachie wrote:
Nandwa wrote:
geofreygachie wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
muganda wrote:
Overwhelmed?

More like underwhelmed I suspect.

I am enjoying my monthly 6 GB plan .I have been on 3G+ signal and I cant complain .I am able to have FTA TV and internet on one package.

We appreciate your review and sharing of info from a first hand experience perspective. We assume that you arent tied to safcom in any other way that would influence your take on tbe matter.
Could you please provide your perspective in view of the unflaterring comments and points raised by fellow users - @Mike Ock and kaption

@Nandwa.I like trying out gadgets that are within my financial reach.Initially I had a Samsutech FTA but I had the limitation of not being able to stream internet content.When Safaricom announced the box I decided to try it out.This is my 2nd month with the box and its only the first month when I had connectivity and heating issues but one day I got an update notification and I did the OTA update which fixed the issues.
Right now I am using a combo of Huawei B270b with the sim that was in ..... And this gives me the best connection I have ever had.This is because the Huawei has an external aerial connection.My silly maths are I bought a box at Ksh 4000 + 6 GB for six months totalling to 10k.
By the way i don't represent Safaricom by all means.For calls i use unliminet,mpesa for mobile payments.

Interesting, lakini why are you using the Huawei modem and yet you have the big box, I thought the thing had connectivity mechinisms - ama you are only using the bigbox for tv, then the Huawei modem for internet.

is the 6gb for 6 months ama 6gb per month.

I wasn't very happy with the bigbox 3G (I am on a 3g area) reception so I did the necessary and now the connection is superb on Huawei + box sim card.I only use the box as FTA box but has wirelessly linked it to the Huawei for streaming purposes.
The 6GB is replenished by Safaricom every month.

got it, you use the sim that came with the box on the modem - sounds like a decent offer - but I wish safcom had unlimited data especially in the 4g areas.
Nandwa
#144 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2015 8:23:07 PM

Is it back yet
Just as absolute power corrupts leaders, so does absolute fanaticism blind the people from logic
muganda
#145 Posted : Monday, August 03, 2015 4:27:08 PM

Commercial free-to-air and IP TV services approved.
Wait for the big launch followed by Safaricom content.
The big question - will this iteration succeed? http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/...ate-own-local-tv-content

murchr
#146 Posted : Monday, August 03, 2015 5:58:18 PM

muganda wrote:
The big question - will this iteration succeed? http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/...ate-own-local-tv-content

the Star wrote:
“The authority wishes to notify the general public that any person, natural or legal entity, desirous of making any representation and/or objection to the grant of the said licences herein to do so vide a letter...before expiry of 30 days from the date of this notice,” CA managing director Francis Wangusi said in the notice dated July 23.

The letter should indicate the licence category and also copied to Safaricom, Wangusi said.

Expect one from Airtel
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
murchr
#147 Posted : Thursday, August 06, 2015 5:48:40 AM

murchr wrote:
muganda wrote:

the Star wrote:
“The authority wishes to notify the general public that any person, natural or legal entity, desirous of making any representation and/or objection to the grant of the said licences herein to do so vide a letter...before expiry of 30 days from the date of this notice,” CA managing director Francis Wangusi said in the notice dated July 23.

The letter should indicate the licence category and also copied to Safaricom, Wangusi said.

Expect one from Airtel

Nation wrote:
Safaricom has applied for a digital broadcasting license that will see it enter into the pay TV market with video on demand programs.

The move is a preparation to tap into its parent company Vodafone, which joined hands with popular streaming video on demand service Netflix. The offering could be rolled out in Kenya to offer movie and TV content.

Netflix provides original content such as movies on high definition to pay TV devices including Apple devices and gaming platforms.

Hallo Future!
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
KulaRaha
#148 Posted : Thursday, August 06, 2015 8:03:56 AM

Netflix on bundles? FAIL!
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
dunkang
#149 Posted : Thursday, August 06, 2015 11:20:29 AM

Nobody doubts TheBigBox was a great idea. But again, nobody should doubt that TheBigBox and Data Bundles is a mix as stupid as a Box of Rock.
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

nakujua
#150 Posted : Thursday, August 06, 2015 12:03:11 PM

dunkang wrote:
Nobody doubts TheBigBox was a great idea. But again, nobody should doubt that TheBigBox and Data Bundles is a mix as stupid as a Box of Rock.

smile
Rahatupu
#151 Posted : Friday, August 07, 2015 8:27:33 AM

nakujua wrote:
dunkang wrote:

smile

I gave up on them. Safaricom = bundles. Yaani they cannot think without or out of bundles?
butterflyke
#152 Posted : Sunday, August 09, 2015 3:03:18 PM

Rahatupu wrote:
nakujua wrote:
dunkang wrote:

smile

I gave up on them. Safaricom = bundles. Yaani they cannot think without or out of bundles?

Mnafikiria BobbyConYouMore atakula nini? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#153 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2015 4:27:11 PM

so safaricom want to provide VOD using bundles. LOL too funny .if they donot have the network to support it why launch a product in the first place.
and am hearing safaricom want to ink a deal with content providers like netflix etc etc.if you know anything about netflix and data consumption you will know that will never happen.safcom really have to up their network capacity if indeed they are serious about iptv.
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#154 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2015 4:49:23 PM

hey you guyz on zuku.anybody ever done a terabyte of data usage in a month?
Nimerudi
#155 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2015 10:18:50 PM

Cornelius Vanderbilt wrote:

I think I do, based on our household's average usage. Zuku hasn't brought up an FUP though. Makes me wonder about Safaricom's policies on unlimited data. Methinks they were bull.
Nimerudi
#156 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2015 10:22:48 PM

so safaricom want to provide VOD using bundles. LOL too funny .if they donot have the network to support it why launch a product in the first place.
and am hearing safaricom want to ink a deal with content providers like netflix etc etc.if you know anything about netflix and data consumption you will know that will never happen.safcom really have to up their network capacity if indeed they are serious about iptv.

Bundles for streaming video is idiotic. If that was a smart move surely then the gava would purchase saf's bundles to operate the cctv infrastructure. Think
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#157 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2015 11:34:59 PM

Nimerudi wrote:

I think I do, based on our household's average usage. Zuku hasn't brought up an FUP though. Makes me wonder about Safaricom's policies on unlimited data. Methinks they were bull.

indeed is totally bull.zuku now is offering gigabit internet for businesses.i donot think they will have FUP anytime soon.
i need to have the company's head office at my residence, lol.looks like bandwidth prices are really low.hope it starts a trend

tom_boy
#158 Posted : Sunday, September 06, 2015 4:52:29 PM

Anyone ever used a gsm signal repeater to boost data speeds in an area with not so good signal strength. Any recommendations?
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
Olu
#159 Posted : Monday, September 07, 2015 8:25:12 AM

@tom_boy I use one myself...works well so far. Actually depends on what kind of signal is outside; if there is zero signal, then you are out of luck. Call this guy 0706330369 and see if he will sort you out.
TUPAC
#160 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2015 12:24:30 PM

tom_boy wrote:
Anyone ever used a gsm signal repeater to boost data speeds in an area with not so good signal strength. Any recommendations?

Just had my signal repeater fixed. Was getting EDGE before. Now am on stable 3G in my house.
...things fall apart...the centre cannot hold..mere anarchy is loosed upon the world...w b yeats