wazua Tue, Apr 16, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
e-Citizen Gateway to ALL government services
majimaji
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 8:40:01 AM

I have tried to register as an e-citizen in order to register a business name but the process hangs halfway.
Here is where you can also renew a drivers license or register a marriage

Any wazuan who has managed to get this to work successfully?

link www.ecitizen.go.ke

Much Know
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 8:46:06 AM

majimaji wrote:
I have tried to register as an e-citizen in order to register a business name but the process hangs halfway.

link www.ecitizen.go.ke

Got to final stage (where they ask for a digital photo) and decided to continue after i get one, can't post a selfie. It looks like a fantastic job, makes life for Kenyans very easy. Applause
A New Kenya
Swenani
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 9:35:53 AM

majimaji wrote:

link www.ecitizen.go.ke

I renewed my passport on that site, I tried to register a 2nd marriage but the service was not available, I will retry again

If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Wakanyugi
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 9:41:26 AM

majimaji wrote:

link www.ecitizen.go.ke

I am interested to know this too. I applied for a passport, even paid and got a receipt then...Nothing.

Yet there is no number to call no way to find out what is happening. For a government that styles itself as digital, this is embarrassing to say the least.
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
MutantJ
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 9:45:53 AM

Wakanyugi wrote:
majimaji wrote:

link www.ecitizen.go.ke

I am interested to know this too. I applied for a passport, even paid and got a receipt then...Nothing.

Yet there is no number to call no way to find out what is happening. For a government that styles itself as digital, this is embarrassing to say the least.

Then print out, attach the receipt and present yourself to immigration office with hard copies of the uploaded documents. NB You will not que at immigration as long as you have that e-receipt.
...We must either find a way or make one...
Swenani
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 9:59:40 AM

MutantJ wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
majimaji wrote:

link www.ecitizen.go.ke

Then print out, attach the receipt and present yourself to immigration office with hard copies of the uploaded documents. NB You will not que at immigration as long as you have that e-receipt.

Try checking the inbox of your e-citizen account(not email) if not contact them on support@ecitizen.go.ke +254 772 246 669
freiks
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 11:19:45 AM

Swenani wrote:
MutantJ wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
majimaji wrote:

link www.ecitizen.go.ke

Try checking the inbox of your e-citizen account(not email) if not contact them on support@ecitizen.go.ke +254 772 246 669

Tried to apply for a new passport, (previous one is full) to no avail its just taking to new application. i will keep on checking ama tu niende uko immigration nikuliwe pesa
Life is an endless adventure
Wakanyugi
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 12:26:44 PM

MutantJ wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
majimaji wrote:

link www.ecitizen.go.ke

Thank you. I guess it is time to go anarogo.

"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
Gordon Gekko
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 1:33:25 PM

Sent a request for land rent to the Lands Ministry on the day it was advertised. Still waiting for a response - digital my a**e.
butterflyke
#10 Posted : Friday, May 01, 2015 5:14:24 AM

majimaji wrote:

link www.ecitizen.go.ke

Renewed my DL bila shida.Was able to upload a recent photo of me. Haven't tried other services
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
Nimerudi
#11 Posted : Friday, May 01, 2015 8:31:43 PM

The NTSA services seem to be working fine on the portal. Other govt services aren't as smooth though.
murchr
#12 Posted : Friday, May 01, 2015 8:51:57 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
Sent a request for land rent to the Lands Ministry on the day it was advertised. Still waiting for a response - digital my a**e.

Inakaa wengine Min of Lands** hawataki change hii maneno ndijital inaweza leta umasikini
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
sizzla
#13 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2015 2:51:51 AM

The eCitizen guys are doing a stellar job!!! Aside from the issue of charging an extra 'facilitation' fee of KES 50 per transaction the portal will make it easier to provide GoK services. However it all will depend on digital input from ministries and parastatals most of which are not fully digitized. Which explains why NTSA services can be easily offered (KRA driver data) while others are still facing challenges...only time will tell.
majimaji
#14 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2015 8:17:20 AM

freiks wrote:
Swenani wrote:
MutantJ wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
majimaji wrote:

link www.ecitizen.go.ke

Tried to apply for a new passport, (previous one is full) to no avail its just taking to new application. i will keep on checking ama tu niende uko immigration nikuliwe pesa

I tried calling this number, guy at the other end disconnected me. still trying *sigh*
Swenani
#15 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2015 9:03:59 AM

Rankaz13
#16 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2015 10:46:39 AM

Swenani wrote:

They said (on radio) that online passport applications and queue management takes effect today.
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
geofreygachie
#17 Posted : Monday, November 02, 2015 3:17:49 PM

Where else can one renew the driving license apart from Ecitizen ?
Divers - can you laugh in scuba gear, or will you drown? I was wondering. - James May.
muganda
#18 Posted : Monday, November 02, 2015 3:52:13 PM

geofreygachie wrote:

Your closest Post Office.
Jitahidi
#19 Posted : Monday, November 02, 2015 4:14:51 PM

muganda wrote:
geofreygachie wrote:

Cybercafes
geofreygachie
#20 Posted : Monday, November 02, 2015 6:56:34 PM

muganda wrote:
geofreygachie wrote:

Thank you Muganda.The online system doesnt have my details and I have tried to update the details by sending a scanned copy of my driving but nothing much has been done so far.Every time I call they are telling me the details will be updated in an hours times since 8 am today.
Divers - can you laugh in scuba gear, or will you drown? I was wondering. - James May.