wazua Wed, May 15, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<23456>»
Where is God in all these?
Swenani
#61 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 3:26:40 PM

hamburglar wrote:
For the umpteenth time, there is no god you dimwited religious people. He doesnt exist. I have been mocking him for years and he is yet to punish me. Not sure if he is afraid of me. If say, hypothetically he exists, he must be the biggest piece of shit ever.

Anyway, am sad for the people of Nepal. Am too exhausted to debate weak minded religious people. Am proud to be an atheist, my world is very vivid. I get to be an independent thinker who can use reason and logic to navigate through life and so far i have had great success at it so you guys can keep waiting for your favors and blessings while the rest of us atheists use our brains to get ahead. I feel bad for religious folks especially one guy who is supposedly a prayer warrior yet if it were not for my constant assistance, he would have starved to death by now. The guy can't even think, everything according to him is god's will or "leave it in god's hands" and yet you can't afford a square meal on most days. Kwani this god guy cannot see your plight and help you? Or maybe it's time to ditch this imaginary god and start thinking of ways to pursue a better life.

One of my friend is called pasi because he is supposedly really really religious. But just like all the other pasis, he is the biggest scambug i have ever met. At least us atheists have integrity. We do good because it's the right thing to do, not because we want to appease an ill tempered imaginary sadist in the skies in return for a ticket intothis mythical heaven. I wouldn't want to go to this heaven even if it existed. I can't be around somebody who just sat back and saw over 5000 people lose their lives in Nepal and did nothing about it, yet apparently he could have stopped it even beforeit happened with a snap of the fingers. What a crock.

How do atheist define good and right? Do you know that without religion we might never have known what is good,bad,right or evil?

You can not claim to lack belief in deity yet believe in good /doing right, That's is contradictory, on what principles of "doing good/right" is it based on?

From my limited understanding an atheist doesn't know what is good,right,evil or values, etc he is only guided/limited by logic and the rule of law
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
tycho
#62 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 3:32:34 PM

hamburglar wrote:
For the umpteenth time, there is no god you dimwited religious people. He doesnt exist. I have been mocking him for years and he is yet to punish me. Not sure if he is afraid of me. If say, hypothetically he exists, he must be the biggest piece of shit ever.

Anyway, am sad for the people of Nepal. Am too exhausted to debate weak minded religious people. Am proud to be an atheist, my world is very vivid. I get to be an independent thinker who can use reason and logic to navigate through life and so far i have had great success at it so you guys can keep waiting for your favors and blessings while the rest of us atheists use our brains to get ahead. I feel bad for religious folks especially one guy who is supposedly a prayer warrior yet if it were not for my constant assistance, he would have starved to death by now. The guy can't even think, everything according to him is god's will or "leave it in god's hands" and yet you can't afford a square meal on most days. Kwani this god guy cannot see your plight and help you? Or maybe it's time to ditch this imaginary god and start thinking of ways to pursue a better life.

One of my friend is called pasi because he is supposedly really really religious. But just like all the other pasis, he is the biggest scambug i have ever met. At least us atheists have integrity. We do good because it's the right thing to do, not because we want to appease an ill tempered imaginary sadist in the skies in return for a ticket intothis mythical heaven. I wouldn't want to go to this heaven even if it existed. I can't be around somebody who just sat back and saw over 5000 people lose their lives in Nepal and did nothing about it, yet apparently he could have stopped it even beforeit happened with a snap of the fingers. What a crock.

It's strange how you glory in a straw man and claim to be on point. Not even science exists, not even humanity exists in an objective way. So it's easy to see why you may mock God and seem to get away with it.

But what next after this long speech? You'll need to find humanity afresh, and how will you do it?
hamburglar
#63 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 3:36:36 PM

Swenani wrote:
hamburglar wrote:

How do atheist define good? Do you know that without religion we might never have known what is good,bad or evil?

You can not claim to lack belief in deity yet believe in good, That's is contradictory, on what principles of "doing good" is it based on?

From my limited understanding an atheist doesn't know what is good or evil,values, etc he is only guided/limited by logic and the rule of law

Simple answer. Good and bad are inherent. Even a two year old kid that has never been exposed to religion knows when he has done good or bad. So, to answer your question, you don't need religion or gods to understand the difference between good and bad, even people without a conscience know when they are doing bad.
hamburglar
#64 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 3:38:54 PM

tycho wrote:
hamburglar wrote:

It's strange how you glory in a straw man and claim to be on point. Not even science exists, not even humanity exists in an objective way. So it's easy to see why you may mock God and seem to get away with it.

But what next after this long speech? You'll need to find humanity afresh, and how will you do it?

Can you ask that in English tycho? For some reason, i never seem to understand this language that you post in. smile
tycho
#65 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 3:49:12 PM

hamburglar wrote:
tycho wrote:
hamburglar wrote:

Can you ask that in English tycho? For some reason, i never seem to understand this language that you post in. smile

How convenient for you! But let me simplify. Humanity isn't only unnecessary, but also, it doesn't exist objectively just like God doesn't exist objectively. Do you know that?
Swenani
#66 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 3:49:46 PM

hamburglar wrote:
Swenani wrote:
hamburglar wrote:

How do atheist define good? Do you know that without religion we might never have known what is good,bad or evil?

You can not claim to lack belief in deity yet believe in good, That's is contradictory, on what principles of "doing good" is it based on?

From my limited understanding an atheist doesn't know what is good or evil,values, etc he is only guided/limited by logic and the rule of law

Simple answer. Good and bad are inherent. Even a two year old kid that has never been exposed to religion knows when he has done good or bad. So, to answer your question, you don't need religion or gods to understand the difference between good and bad, even people without a conscience know when they are doing bad.

I disagree, Good and bad are not inherent,we are all born with certain tendencies which are either enforced or changed depending with our upbringing and society,

I didn;t say that you need religion to know what is good or bad but to a great extent,religion helped to define what is good or bad

Adjective
Quote:
Good: To be desired or approved of
...Approved or desired by who, does it mean we have a perfect person?

Quote:
Having the qualities required for a particular

role
...Which qualities?in comparison to what?

Noun
Quote:
That which is morally right,righteousness
...what is moral?

If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
tycho
#67 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 3:53:47 PM

hamburglar wrote:
Swenani wrote:
hamburglar wrote:

Again ignorance. How does a child develop cognitively, and how is this development related to religion?
AlphDoti
#68 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 3:54:12 PM

hamburglar wrote:
Swenani wrote:
hamburglar wrote:

@hamburglar, you have a point to some extent.

Natural tendency to obey laws of nature is printed on the human even from mother's womb. So when a child is born, it has with it a natural obedience to laws of nature (nature has been designed by a designer, we call God). This natural belief is called in Islam the "fitrah".

If a child were left alone, it would grow up aware of Almighty God in His Unity, but all children are affected by the pressures of their environment.

The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), reported that God the Exalted said:
"I created My servants in the right religion, but the devils made them go astray."

The Messenger of God (pbuh) also said:
"Each child is born in a state of fitrah, but his parents make him a Jew or a Christian."
mv_ufanisi
#69 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 3:58:55 PM

hamburglar wrote:
Swenani wrote:
hamburglar wrote:

It's an uphill task to convince people who have grown with certain beliefs that they are not true, convenient yes but not factual. Here's a test;

1. Try telling people at the coast that there are no majinis - aha they have thousands of stories about what majinis did or were seen.
2. Try telling small kids in the West that there is no Santa Claus - they have proof he exists
3. Try telling people that the reason their person died in an accident was because of poor road planning and not becuase it's the "will of God" - it's true but not comforting
4. Try telling an Arsenal supporter that Arsenal is not the best team in the planet - good luck
5. Try telling people who tell you that - "this is how we've always done things around here" to change to a new way of doing things - you will be accused of disrespecting them and thinking they are fools no matter your intentions.

The psychology of belief is such that people eventually take possession of beliefs. Losing a belief feels like a real loss and they will fight tooth and nail to keep their beliefs.

So alas, the difficulty. This is also compounded if people live in a closed society where new ideas are at first deemed suspect and there is massive resistance to new things e.g. in certain religious orders even birth control is still viewed unfavorably

Finally, the mind hates a vacuum. Knowing that there is no Santa and that its your parents that put the gifts at the christmas tree is a little deflating.
Muriel
#70 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 4:05:16 PM

mv_ufanisi wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Swenani wrote:
hamburglar wrote:

It's an uphill task to convince people who have grown with certain beliefs that they are not true, convenient yes but not factual. Here's a test;

1. Try telling people at the coast that there are no majinis - aha they have thousands of stories about what majinis did or were seen.
2. Try telling small kids in the West that there is no Santa Claus - they have proof he exists
3. Try telling people that the reason their person died in an accident was because of poor road planning and not becuase it's the "will of God" - it's true but not comforting
4. Try telling an Arsenal supporter that Arsenal is not the best team in the planet - good luck
5. Try telling people who tell you that - "this is how we've always done things around here" to change to a new way of doing things - you will be accused of disrespecting them and thinking they are fools no matter your intentions.

The psychology of belief is such that people eventually take possession of beliefs. Losing a belief feels like a real loss and they will fight tooth and nail to keep their beliefs.

So alas, the difficulty. This is also compounded if people live in a closed society where new ideas are at first deemed suspect and there is massive resistance to new things e.g. in certain religious orders even birth control is still viewed unfavorably

Finally, the mind hates a vacuum. Knowing that there is no Santa and that its your parents that put the gifts at the christmas tree is a little deflating.

So what alternative do you have that we can put to the test?
Muriel
#71 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 4:07:08 PM

Swenani wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Swenani wrote:
hamburglar wrote:

I disagree, Good and bad are not inherent,we are all born with certain tendencies which are either enforced or changed depending with our upbringing and society,

I didn;t say that you need religion to know what is good or bad but to a great extent,religion helped to define what is good or bad

Adjective
Quote:
Good: To be desired or approved of
...Approved or desired by who, does it mean we have a perfect person?

Quote:
Having the qualities required for a particular

role
...Which qualities?in comparison to what?

Noun
Quote:
That which is morally right,righteousness
...what is moral?

My brother has got this!

I am watching with glee, despite that sound!
tycho
#72 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 4:19:52 PM

@AlphDoti, not all religion is theistic, therefore, if children were born with theistic tendencies non of these atheistic religions would survive!

If a child is left alone from infancy it's going to die, and if it's taken care of by some animal then it will become a beast, not a human.

There's nothing like inherent good or bad. Not even theistic religions propose this. Instead, their narratives come to a point of transition from ignorance to knowledge.
hamburglar
#73 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 4:34:07 PM

Some people are born inherently good and some people are born bad. Genetics shape us. Society and life circumstances either alleviate or change people's behavior.

But we are not talking about all that, let's not digress, the question was where was your all knowing god when people in Nepal needed him the most?
mv_ufanisi
#74 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 4:47:27 PM

Muriel wrote:
mv_ufanisi wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Swenani wrote:
hamburglar wrote:

So what alternative do you have that we can put to the test?

This question perhaps cannot be answered by positive proof but by negative proof.

We used to call this method "solving by elimination"

You're given a question for which you don't know the answer to but have multiple choices, so you test each answer and say "is it this, no? - can't be because of xyz" on and so on until you're left with the correct answer.

For this matter, we've negated all the answers that have been supplied so far. We're still searching for the right answer.
Tokyo
#75 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 9:15:02 PM

Swenani wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
Laughing out loudly
Swenani wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
God is a long dead human originally from Middle East. No evidence whatsoever to prove otherwise

You could be right. Your god is dead but Jehovah lives forever.

Where is evidence

The Bible

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Which bible

King James version

Why didn't God see it right to let my great grandparents have one ?
work to prosper
harrydre
#76 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 10:01:09 PM

Mukiri
#77 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 10:11:34 PM

Go make soil (that which is said we are made of?), then make a human being... then come, and we can discuss God's existance.

ION Wisdom tells us not to answer a fool according to his folly!

Proverbs 19:21
kaka2za
#78 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 11:22:39 PM

Tokyo wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
Laughing out loudly
Swenani wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
God is a long dead human originally from Middle East. No evidence whatsoever to prove otherwise

Where is evidence

The Bible

King James version

They were too busy hunting and gathering!
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
kaka2za
#79 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 11:24:38 PM

Tokyo wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
Laughing out loudly
Swenani wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Tokyo wrote:

Where is evidence

The Bible

King James version

Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
mawinder
#80 Posted : Friday, May 01, 2015 4:08:00 PM

kaka2za wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
Laughing out loudly
Swenani wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Tokyo wrote:

Where is evidence

The Bible

King James version

Now that at their time they hadnt seen the bible,will they go to heaven?????