wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Government Job
coco
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2015 5:17:11 PM

Hello Team SK/Wazua,

I got an offer for a government job, a manager job. The total package pays around 200k, same i earn in the private sector. What is the feel of the community.

coco
streetwise
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2015 5:23:08 PM

Gova is best
mawinder
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2015 5:30:04 PM

streetwise wrote:
Gova is best

Gova is best because it gives an opportunity to eat.A friend's father was a District Accountant and he retired in 2009 while earning a gross salary of 104k and a net salary of Kshs 7500 but the kind of wealth he amassed wacha tu!!!!!!!!!!
holycow
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2015 5:35:01 PM

National, County or Parastatal? The beauty of government job is that you can create time to attend to your side hustle. As a manager, delegate (responsibly) to your juniors as you run your business. If it's County, I'd not be so thrilled because a new Governor will hire his own.
King G
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2015 5:36:06 PM

Gava it is. Less or no work, eat chicken and fish in the office without problem and guaranteed work until 60 years.
Thieves
Lolest!
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2015 5:43:44 PM

Some govt jobs also come with incentives for studying further like fees, sabbaticals, promotions
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
harrydre
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2015 5:50:57 PM

unbelievable a good bunch of wazuans just think of eating, no work, side hustles etc. we are doomed as a Nation!
i.am.back!!!!
Iganamagana
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2015 6:44:44 PM

Eating is coming to an end buddy. If you only have private sector experience and you one day want to go into consultancy, this is your opportunity to gain public sector experience. If you go there expecting to eat, I can assure you that you will end up a disappointed Kenyan. It could get worse. You might end up in jail. Kenya is changing and I can assure you that in five years time, utaona Mali ya uma or Serikali utoloke.
washiku
#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2015 8:49:27 PM

Iganamagana wrote:
Eating is coming to an end buddy. If you only have private sector experience and you one day want to go into consultancy, this is your opportunity to gain public sector experience. If you go there expecting to eat, I can assure you that you will end up a disappointed Kenyan. It could get worse. You might end up in jail. Kenya is changing and I can assure you that in five years time, utaona Mali ya uma or Serikali utoloke.

When is it ending? They are still eating buddy.
King G
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2015 8:55:41 PM

washiku wrote:
Iganamagana wrote:

Was about to ask same question. It will not end soon, at least upto 2032 (beyond vision 2030) when WSR hands over!!!
Thieves
Iganamagana
#11 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2015 8:57:59 PM

washiku wrote:
Iganamagana wrote:

Talk to the eaters. It is increasingly becoming hard to hide eating. The %'s are going down. The 200k salary eater is under siege. The only eating remaining is in the police and at the top. The middle level guy can not eat and will not eat for long. The days they used to build apartment blocks using state resources are almost over.
Swenani
#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2015 9:01:34 PM

coco wrote:
Hello Team SK/Wazua,

I got an offer for a government job, a manager job. The total package pays around 200k, same i earn in the private sector. What is the feel of the community.

coco

Today,I was wandering at uhuru park ad found myself at lunar park,I went to eat fish(samaki) at Tin Toler restuarant and happened to eaves drop on Qidero's boys! Man, these people are making money.

If you want to go to heaven,turn down the offer
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
radio
#13 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2015 9:37:41 PM

harrydre wrote:
unbelievable a good bunch of wazuans just think of eating, no work, side hustles etc. we are doomed as a Nation!

I'm equally disappointed. What pleasure is there in amassing ill gotten loot? What happened to the beauty of creating an idea and making money out of it. Isn't the journey more fulfilling than the destination.

I take great pleasure in making money from my ideas. No pressure. Good night sleep. No looking over your shoulder.

jaggernaut
#14 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2015 11:59:37 PM

This is a no brainer. 99% of the country's billionaires, dead or alive, once worked for govt. Nyachae, michuki, kanyotu, Jomo etc etc. Can you imagine shainese, msungus etc queueing daily at your office begging you to sign multi billion deals? Why did Adan Mohammed of barclays and Macharia current of health move to public service? Tafakari hayo.
mkeiy
#15 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 9:57:30 AM

Iganamagana wrote:
washiku wrote:
Iganamagana wrote:

Talk to the eaters. It is increasingly becoming hard to hide eating. The %'s are going down. The 200k salary eater is under siege. The only eating remaining is in the police and at the top. The middle level guy can not eat and will not eat for long. The days they used to build apartment blocks using state resources are almost over.

@Iganamagana. Music to the ears. Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
Lolest!
#16 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 10:41:27 AM

Swenani wrote:
coco wrote:
Hello Team SK/Wazua,

coco

Today,I was wandering at uhuru park ad found myself at lunar park,I went to eat fish(samaki) at Tin Toler restuarant and happened to eaves drop on Qidero's boys! Man, these people are making money.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Bykhovets
#17 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 10:57:33 AM

If it's a National Government job take it (no hustles; if you stick and improve your academic/professional skills you will rise up the ladder). If it's county government, your term ends when a new governor is appointed and you have to deal with MCAs every day. If parastatal or those independent bodies, they sign a 3-year contract with performance so if you don't perform you are out.

The biggest problem in Gava is the culture of stealing your employers time (you can use this to run your own business), breaking rules for those who can pay (corruption), projects/activities that have little or no impact (which get quickly forgotten) and every new election brings about a new way of working (which usually fails).

If you are a highly moral, organised, motivated and aggressive person Gava is not for you.

We were there. Ask @A4A.
"Occasionally I drop a tea cup to shatter on the floor. On purpose. I am not satisfied when it does not gather itself up again. Someday perhaps that cup will come together."
King G
#18 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 12:47:36 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Swenani wrote:
coco wrote:
Hello Team SK/Wazua,

coco

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Why wait to go to heaven (which you dont know about) when you can create your own heaven here on earth?
Thieves
Euge
#19 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 1:07:47 PM

radio wrote:
harrydre wrote:

I'm equally disappointed. What pleasure is there in amassing ill gotten loot? What happened to the beauty of creating an idea and making money out of it. Isn't the journey more fulfilling than the destination.

I take great pleasure in making money from my ideas. No pressure. Good night sleep. No looking over your shoulder.

Well put.
Lord, thank you!
washiku
#20 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 7:52:48 PM

Iganamagana wrote:
washiku wrote:
Iganamagana wrote:

Mmmm...you might have been right...Fingers crossed.