wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Gold and commodity traders
piphunter
#1 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 3:19:25 PM

Hi all is there any one who trades gold online need some few insights like pip calculation and trade size.d'oh!
mic_mic
#2 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 8:10:14 PM

Why doesn't Kenya have Gold/precious metal reserves? Ama mimi sijui?

I have read the Central bank actively accumulates USD,EUR and now RMB reserves. Just wondering if Gold is part of CBK's asset reserves
BITCOIN TRADERS KENYA Whatsapp group +254 705 299 429
mnandii
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 7:19:04 AM

mic_mic wrote:

I have read the Central bank actively accumulates USD,EUR and now RMB reserves. Just wondering if Gold is part of CBK's asset reserves

They never talk about gold reserves so its likely they don't have. This is dangerous! Sad
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
whiteowl
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 10:31:15 AM

mnandii wrote:
mic_mic wrote:

They never talk about gold reserves so its likely they don't have. This is dangerous! Sad

Rothchilds controlled CBs only/mostly deal with paper money. The only central bank in Africa that was actively accumulating gold reserves was Libya and you know how that ended.
piphunter
#5 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2015 11:36:06 AM

I still hope forex traders will answer my question
hisah
#6 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2015 12:15:20 PM

piphunter wrote:
Hi all is there any one who trades gold online need some few insights like pip calculation and trade size.d'oh!

Have you tried to use the calculator provided by your broker?
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
piphunter
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2015 7:14:39 PM

yes but a it confused
shadowinvestor
#8 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2015 1:12:09 PM

Not sure what you mean by calculation of pip and trade size but a few pointers, let me know if I touch on things that in that area.

Gold
Most traded gold contract is the Comex gold, on the Globex platform(CME) you can check the contract specifications under www.cmegroup.com
The margin requirement is around 4000 dollars per contract, this is when trading with a clearing firm, when using brokers say the usual guys, AVa fx, Iron fx etc, you just need to put capital, try to put at least 3k dollars to trade well.

The pip value/tick is 10 dollars, but if trading with the retail brokers you can use mircolots so 0.1 lot is 1 dollar. The key in trading gold is two things, data driven(get to know what moves gold and when so that you dont get caught out) the second is technicals. Brush up on them before trading, not during

In terms of trade size there is something called money management and risk management. Your account determines what size to use, previous trades etc. I would suggest you use a dummy account to practise, try doubling your account like twice before placing real cash.

The above will help you understand about size, there are a couple of other things that you shall learn, when to be greedy and when to be fearful, how to handle losses, keeping a cool mind etc.

Parting shot-Trading is not everyone's cup of tea, you shall loose money before you make. If you have been trading before then this is a concept that you know of already.

Cheers
streetwise
#9 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2015 3:49:04 PM

Very Good advise.

thanks
shadowinvestor
#10 Posted : Monday, June 08, 2015 6:57:26 PM

Thanks
Metaur
#11 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 11:44:08 AM

If your country doesn't really have some real gold or other precious metalls reserves, it's really bothering. All else like cash or even less valuable that so called "valuable" papers, are basically nothing and that's it. All that matters and have unlimited value is for example gold.