wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

WhatsApp for Kenyan Business Marketing and Growth?
rachww
#1 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2015 9:51:30 AM

To be honest, WhatsApp can be (and more often than not IS) a big distraction since anyone who sends you anything will know the moment you receive your message, and will expect a response. Even with WhatsApp plus, the pressure to have conversations with people you don’t want to talk to and respond to boring pictures and memes with the usual courteous ‘lol’ or to respond in kind with more memes just to avoid being labelled antisocial is immense and annoying.

There seems to be groups being formed for anything and everything on this six year old app. WhatsApp definitely can be a social networking nightmare. It is worse than online social media platforms because unlike the latter where you log on and off whenever you want to, your phone is constantly buzzing with every message.

But there is enormous potential from an entrepreneurship point of view. The latest trend in Kenyan business has been the use of WhatsApp to disseminate information – from job adverts to marketing. As an entrepreneur, it would be advantageous to spot the numerous opportunities that this app has created. You have unlimited access to thousands of people. By joining about 10 to 20 WhatsApp groups, or more if you need to, you have access to people who you can interact with on a one to one basis. Here are four tips I share with you entrepreneurs:

1. Join as many groups as possible. Any will do! As the days go by and you get a feel for each group, feel free to delete and exit groups that will not add value to you. You may be surprised though how quickly you can get attached and how many virtual friends you’ll make. This is an easiest way for you to find and determine which groups are suitable for your needs.

2. Try making funny memes. These things are spread around like wildfire. From group to group to group. What could be better than this?? Kenyans love humor and the latest news is great fodder for using in the creation of marketing memes. Aromat is a great example of a company that used this strategy, having created their own series of viral memes. This idea was genius! Free advertising at its finest!!

3. After narrowing down on which groups you will participate in, network – WhatsApp is a great way to network with thousands of people on a one to one basis. Though there may be hundreds of ‘silent followers’ on some of these groups, they are there and they pay attention to all the gossip and juicy tidbits being shared on a regular basis. Try not to be one of them though. Talk about yourself and what you do whenever the opportunity presents itself; put yourself out there – your potential clients are waiting on you smile

4. Take good quality pictures of your products or services in action and share them. Hire a professional photographer if you need to. This is a great way for you to showcase your products and in most cases, people don’t mind. However, you need to be careful about this. Avoid sending too many pictures, too often. Most of these groups are formed for social purposes and they should remain that way. Do not irritate the other group members or risk the wrath of your group admin.
I write articles on entrepreneurship and inspiration. www.raewangari.com
maloanboss
#2 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2015 8:26:11 PM

good
alma
#3 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2015 8:28:27 PM

This is bullshit.
repeat
bullshit

Ati use my phone with stupid guys who pay rent late and can't afford lunch for business.

Please write something about linkedIn.

Ati share my phone number with niggers I don't know
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
Swenani
#4 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2015 8:33:21 PM

alma wrote:
This is bullshit.
repeat
bullshit

Ati use my phone with stupid guys who pay rent late and can't afford lunch for business.

Relax alma, weka ice cubes kwa makende naukunywe faxe.

Not everyone pays rent and goes for business lunch
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Mariacha
#5 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2015 10:54:52 PM

Swenani wrote:
alma wrote:
This is bullshit.
repeat
bullshit

Relax alma, weka ice cubes kwa makende naukunywe faxe.

Not everyone pays rent and goes for business lunch

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly ...
the warmer the blankets, the colder the future
rachww
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 10:08:37 AM

Lol Alma

These tips are working for me and many other people I know. Don't knock it til you try it Whistle
I write articles on entrepreneurship and inspiration. www.raewangari.com
alma
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 10:14:33 AM

rachww wrote:
Lol Alma

These tips are working for me and many other people I know. Don't knock it til you try it Whistle

rachww or maloanboss

Ati what's up?

Unavuta bangi?

So when you tell your gashungwa leo ni leo your groups read that nonsense?

What's up is a horrible tool. They have tried to sell it as a business tool. Hio apana.

Ati you get updates everytime some fool says he's farted in a mat?

Do you know how many whatsup messages Chris Kirubi would get in a minute.

"oh mtoto sio wangu"
"oh ulikataa mtoto wangu"

"wewe hata wangu alikataa. Cheki hii picha yake"
"aki anakaaa kaa yeye"

Kenya Daily Post " Chris Kirubi has a kid on whatsup!"

Be serious my friend.

It works for stupid things like the next heng in K1 ati a lawyer with that shit. mmmmshwww!

Leta ingine and next time put an affiliate link.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
Mariacha
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 2:15:59 PM

alma wrote:
rachww wrote:
Lol Alma

rachww or maloanboss

Ati what's up?

Unavuta bangi?

So when you tell your gashungwa leo ni leo your groups read that nonsense?

What's up is a horrible tool. They have tried to sell it as a business tool. Hio apana.

Ati you get updates everytime some fool says he's farted in a mat?

Do you know how many whatsup messages Chris Kirubi would get in a minute.

"oh mtoto sio wangu"
"oh ulikataa mtoto wangu"

"wewe hata wangu alikataa. Cheki hii picha yake"
"aki anakaaa kaa yeye"

Kenya Daily Post " Chris Kirubi has a kid on whatsup!"

Be serious my friend.

It works for stupid things like the next heng in K1 ati a lawyer with that shit. mmmmshwww!

Leta ingine and next time put an affiliate link.

This sounds like its personal, @rachww what did you do to @alma. Hakuwaachii.... He definitely knows you coz hes seen your photo on your blog.
smile smile smile smile smile
the warmer the blankets, the colder the future
saitoti
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 4:01:09 PM

HEHEHE!