wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
summit malt
chi20
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2009 7:41:00 PM

keroche adds anatha feather to its cap,the summit lager. There will inaugural launch in december to popularise this new brand just in time for the hol festive seasons. summit lovers more choices your way

chi20
kingfisher
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:41:00 AM

so where is my invite....

If you have money that you expect to start using in five years,it now belongs in stocks.
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
VituVingiSana
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:40:00 AM

EABL rules... Summit hardly sells where I shop & drink...

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
simonkabz
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 8:33:00 AM

Vvs u better tembeatembea. Summit rules ocha my friend!

Can silence be misquoted?
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
cmk
#5 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2009 10:53:00 AM

summit is only popular in shags..just coz of buy 1 get 1.
otherwise,serious people do not even think about it anywhere..i stand to be corrected..have always tried it but have never gotten that quenching satisfaction..will probably taste the malt..n c.
reminds me of that guy who tasted beer at eabl and won himself a crate a month till he kicks that bucket.that should have been me!
Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do-
Voltaire
chi20
#6 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2009 3:20:00 PM

@cmk
summit is a favourite broothe for some of us,even here at sk. usituharibie mood as we partake to quench and drown with our favourites at our hideaways.

chi20
simonkabz
#7 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2009 4:03:00 PM

@cmk u r nt a good observer. When summit rolled out,very few pple touched it. Just recently during the 'buy 2 get one free' promo (3 beers for only 140),many tried it,n it was way better than the more xpe allsops (3 beers for 180). As at now,a summit goes for 60bob,n the market is huge! Please note,there is a very lil difference btwn summit n tusker,yet the latter is retailing at 85,a difference of 25 bob! Allsops is completely f***ed n tusker has a small nail nimbling on its butt! Ask around. Im a die hard tuskerian bt summit always makes a gud substitute.

TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
McReggae
#8 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2009 4:37:00 PM

simioni,60 bob,,wapi,where l drink summit na tusker ni bei moja!

The chief value of money lies in the fact that one lives in a world in which it is overestimated.
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Tycoon!
#9 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2009 5:10:00 PM

ati taken only in shagz hiyo ni porojo,this is a fine beer and its not senator ya 60bob.
I partake of th lion mfalme but i cn subsitute with a very cold summit any day.
On a slight aside,does anyone know of any other country where people have warm beers?..methinks its Kenya only where they ask 'Baridi?' i mean who takes warm beer?

IF YOU EVER LOSE,MAKE SURE YOU NEVER LOSE THE LESSON!!
simonkabz
#10 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2009 7:07:00 PM

@tycoon,hizo ni bei za shagz.

TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
cmk
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2009 6:07:00 AM

@ simo,
didn't mean to dismiss your observation..but i also move around..summit rarely moves in the areas i frequent..n these r many..also if i choose to take a summit,i have to finish off with a tusker.i don't know why but summit has never quenched my thirst..nothing personal..just business.
Voltaire
cmk
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2009 6:14:00 AM

@ simo,this nail on tusker's butt?? never heard or seen it ..will open my eyes wider.
once i went to shags and guys were downing summit like there's no 2moro..on asking around,was told it's promotional..that's the only one time i can say it moved..though most folks still ignored the promotion.
Voltaire
cmk
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2009 6:18:00 AM

Simo,you must be a real guru..now there's this beer called siera..ever tasted it...is it worth the 90 bob it retails at in the supermarkets? i plan to cart away a crate over xmas..wanna join me??
Voltaire
simonkabz
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2009 7:16:00 AM

@cmk,Siku hizi nimepunguza. On sierra,chunga usije ukanunua kairacy...ati 'ata wakisima sitima bando tutaederea kumesa' hehehe

TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Tycoon!
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2009 7:18:00 AM

@cmk wat u may not know is that EABL have for a long time threatened bar owners beginning in nairobi if they stocked summit. I have been told this by a number of waiters and managers. It is a real threat to them that is why u think it is not popular.
It is a good beer.
I have however always wanted to taste sierra i hear it is good however i think about it once am on my simba and unfortunately am not one to mix my beers in one sitting...

IF YOU EVER LOSE,MAKE SURE YOU NEVER LOSE THE LESSON!!
Djinn
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2009 7:24:00 AM

I like what keroche are doing - its like a silent war on EABL (digging in their trenches sliently) - from now if I can,I'll ask for Summit (and I can;t wait to try Summit Malt)....Kingfisher?

The problem with equality is that we desire that it be with those that have more than us rather that those that have less
mtaalam
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2009 7:33:00 AM

@cmk
Rural is where the money is. Urban areas market is a drop in the ocean compared to up- country. If you think most beer is consumed by Nairobians,think again.

...ili iwe funzo!
McReggae
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2009 8:04:00 AM

mtaalam,

tell me you are not serious comparing beer consumption in nairobi aka urban centres to rural consumption..........

The chief value of money lies in the fact that one lives in a world in which it is overestimated.
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
mtaalam
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2009 8:39:00 AM

@McRegae

You'll be shocked Nairobi is a drop and consumption is boosted not because of westlands and the major water holes you know but it's the Kayoles,Kibera,Rongai etc.

Think about it if of 3 million Nairobians each drunk 100 Tuskers @80/- a year that would be like shs 2.4b ama? (feel free to correct my maths). Yet they announce profits of over 4b.

...ili iwe funzo!
Djinn
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2009 9:03:00 AM

@McReggea - there are some peculiar patterns. Lets say the greater Naivsaha area is a Summit strong hold. Now Naivasha area is home to quite a bit of tourism,including those weekend getaways we sometimes do. I'd like to maintain that Summit is establishing its foothold out there and building brand loyalty....its just one battle in a big war. if Yu can make money from 1 million subscribers vs SCOM,why not Keroche vs EABL.

The problem with equality is that we desire that it be with those that have more than us rather that those that have less