wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

15 Pages123>»
Future of Safaricom - break up due to dominance!
maru101
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 3:38:03 PM

FUTURE of SAFARAICOM?

http://www.nation.co.ke/...8/-/qwae62/-/index.html

Am I the only one who missed a memo on this? This doesnt sound good.
Still learning...
hisah
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 3:41:11 PM

maru101 wrote:
http://www.nation.co.ke/lifestyle/smartcompany/Matiangi-Airtel--in-push-to-break-up-Safaricom/-/1226/2626548/-/qwae62/-/index.html

If you're late to news this way stay away from the risky markets. You'll be killed by the sharks even before you get into deep sea!
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Aguytrying
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 3:55:14 PM

hisah wrote:
maru101 wrote:
http://www.nation.co.ke/lifestyle/smartcompany/Matiangi-Airtel--in-push-to-break-up-Safaricom/-/1226/2626548/-/qwae62/-/index.html

If you're late to news this way stay away from the risky markets. You'll be killed by the sharks even before you get into deep sea!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Othelo
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 3:59:55 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
hisah wrote:
maru101 wrote:

He is the one who was threatening us with some funny risk the other day... so it was Safcom. Pole we are in it for the long haul!!!smile smile smile
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
Euge
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 4:07:10 PM

Is there anything wrong with being dominant? I think Safaricom's future is brighter than the sun
Lord, thank you!
Boris Boyka
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 4:07:29 PM

Othelo wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
hisah wrote:
maru101 wrote:

He is the one who was threatening us with some funny risk the other day... so it was Safcom. Pole we are in it for the long haul!!!smile smile smile

@maru 101 as your name indicates it is first year learning i suppose. Free advice. This is not facebook where you post status anytime via creating a thread! Take your time to learn how wazua operates. you are better reading much than writting and duplicating threads. Thank me later.
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
Euge
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 4:09:14 PM

Boris Boyka wrote:
Othelo wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
hisah wrote:
maru101 wrote:

@maru 101 as your name indicates it is first year learning i suppose. Free advice. This is not facebook where you post status anytime via creating a thread! Take your time to learn how wazua operates. you are better reading much than writting and duplicating threads. Thank me later.

smile smile smile
Lord, thank you!
murchr
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 4:39:00 PM

I don't know who would know the future of Safaraicom, thats abit too foreign
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
bird_man
#9 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 3:51:17 PM

Little birdie says THE BOX to be launched next week.
Android setup box,can record,can broadcast wifi,net from sim card,can receive kawaida FTA channels...friendly prices.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
Aguytrying
#10 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 4:48:40 PM

bird_man wrote:
Android setup box,can record,can broadcast wifi,net from sim card,can receive kawaida FTA channels...friendly prices.

I cant wait. this shafting by DSTV and Internet companies has gone on long enough. Fingers crossed it has EPL
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Lolest!
#11 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 5:05:11 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
bird_man wrote:

I cant wait. this shafting by DSTV and Internet companies has gone on long enough. Fingers crossed it has EPL

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly EPL??
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
KondooEconomist
#12 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 5:22:51 PM

I'm confused, are they rolling out a network infrastructure à la Bamba, ADN?
Rankaz13
#13 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 6:10:51 PM

KondooEconomist wrote:

Don't be. I bet with all these telecommunication masts that they have, the only other thing they'll probably need will be the frequencies and transmitters.
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
Thitifini
#14 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 11:21:27 PM

Euge wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
Othelo wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
hisah wrote:
maru101 wrote:

smile smile smile

monolization?Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
Pedes
#15 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2015 10:57:07 AM

Rankaz13 wrote:
KondooEconomist wrote:

Don't be. I bet with all these telecommunication masts that they have, the only other thing they'll probably need will be the frequencies and transmitters.

Those mast are also being linked with fiber, making the last mile connectivity to have higher speeds. Next step cable TV...whose test ground might be the SAFcom pension fund estate
If you stay ready, no need to get ready.
Rankaz13
#16 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2015 11:51:17 AM

Pedes wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
KondooEconomist wrote:

Those mast are also being linked with fiber, making the last mile connectivity to have higher speeds. Next step cable TV...whose test ground might be the SAFcom pension fund estate

smile smile smile
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
Rankaz13
#17 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2015 11:54:01 AM

Lolest! wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
bird_man wrote:

Na hii EPL inasumbua watu sana eh? For the longest time I've always told those who want a cheaper alternative to the dstvs of this world to get themselves beIN sports subscription. Just two months dstv sub is sufficient to pay for a full year of beIN subs. Nini ingine mnataka?
GGK
#18 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2015 12:26:52 PM

Rankaz13 wrote:
Na hii EPL inasumbua watu sana eh? For the longest time I've always told those who want a cheaper alternative to the dstvs of this world to get themselves beIN sports subscription. Just two months dstv sub is sufficient to pay for a full year of beIN subs. Nini ingine mnataka?

Hii beIN napatikana wapi?
If they get pay-per-view (PPV) or video-on-demand for LIVE events, we are good to go.
Am seeing Kenya going places in TV broadcast

The original question on dominance.... being dominant is no crime. Issues arise when the dominant player uses his dominance to annihilate the competition
"..I am because we are. "― Ubuntu, Umtu,
bkismat
#19 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2015 2:33:56 PM

Rankaz13 wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
bird_man wrote:

Yes for only 1,250 per month you will watch all the sports you want EPL f1 moto gp cricket ..... The only downside is some of the commentary is in Arabic
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
Gordon Gekko
#20 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2015 6:03:16 PM

bkismat wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
bird_man wrote:

Yes for only 1,250 per month you will watch all the sports you want EPL f1 moto gp cricket ..... The only downside is some of the commentary is in Arabic

Whats the value proposition of a safcom settop box to me? I already have Zuku triple play with a wifi router and I get 10mb.
I however hope the safcom TV reception will not be subject to the weather like dstv-what happened to their project of running cables to homes instead of satellite?
But I honestly think safcom diversification/dominance needs to be checked. Otherwise their CEO will be more powerful than pork.