wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
The Cost of Corruption!!!
MaichBlack
#1 Posted : Monday, March 02, 2015 5:32:18 PM

Link: Safaricom will no longer finance corruption in sports!!!

Safaricom will no longer fund Football, Rugby and Athletics because of the thuggery and corruption in the federations.

These thugs even frustrated Safaricom's support for youth football (the main thing ailing Kenyan football) by demanding 20% (of the sponsorship) as chicken!! Safaricom pulled off!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Kihara joni
#2 Posted : Monday, March 02, 2015 6:48:44 PM

WHAAAT!!!!!! That is like asking for a bribe before allowing someone to help you, ati pay me 20% before you help me with this bill.
Lolest!
#3 Posted : Monday, March 02, 2015 6:52:20 PM

Kihara joni wrote:
WHAAAT!!!!!! That is like asking for a bribe before allowing someone to help you, ati pay me 20% before you help me with this bill.

shocked too!
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
kiash
#4 Posted : Monday, March 02, 2015 7:46:47 PM

Ooh my .This makes me so angry. There is no sport in Kenya that young Kenyans can earn a living from.I thought rugby union had their house in order.I once watched a short clip on (think it was Injera)in his home and about it was a bit sad coz i thought the guys lived much better. Those guys have talent and someone is busy feeding on their sweat.
Saw something also on Gor about their shidas in Madagaska.
There are people who should be thrown out like the Nyamweya guy,he does nothing he is an Atwoli in football.Look at the gyms in Eastlands, no one is willing to support those guys. Sports if well exploited could create even upto a million jobs.
What remains is only athletics and its there coz the athletes have learnt to hustle on their own otherwise hata Kiplagat has nothing to offer.

If rugby is gone, then no more sports in Kenya.

We shall say , once upon a time there was safari rally ,its gone,then came football,its gone,then came rugby,its gone, then came athletics,(look out story za dopping might be the beginning)
murchr
#5 Posted : Monday, March 02, 2015 7:49:20 PM

We need a tough law like the one in China. Take a bribe, and die
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
callaspade
#6 Posted : Monday, March 02, 2015 8:08:42 PM

murchr wrote:

....problem in Kenya is who will hang who?
Angelica _ann
#7 Posted : Monday, March 02, 2015 8:51:00 PM

callaspade wrote:
murchr wrote:

....problem in Kenya is who will hang who?

Sad but true!!!Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Alba
#8 Posted : Monday, March 02, 2015 9:06:12 PM

The problem with sports in Kenya is that everytime there sponsorship money available, the officials want to get their grubby hands on it. And they actually feel entitled to it.

Rugby officials have taken their cue from FKF and have flatly refused to be accountable. Rugby used to be a well run sport but the influx of sponsorship has turned it into a den of thieves

Sports like basketball mix corruption with flat out incompetence.

As for FKF, they are shameless. They just steal money openly then ask "Na mta do?". They even insulted the sports minister saying he should not talk because he never attends league matches.

To put it plainly, there are now no good sports officials in Kenya now. Which is a shame because as Kiash said above, the youth unemployment rate is very high (about 60%). A well run sport can put youth to work as referees, physios, scouts, coaches, journalists etc.

The sports act was passed by Parliament in 2013 and is supposed to be used to reign in errant officials but no such thing has happened as the ministry of sports is also just dormant.
kalenjinherdsboy
#9 Posted : Monday, March 02, 2015 10:28:46 PM

Alba wrote:

Rugby used to be a well run sport but the influx of sponsorship has turned it into a den of thieves

Kenyan rugby was well run when? KRU officials have been eating chicken and cutting corners for many years.
Alba
#10 Posted : Monday, March 02, 2015 11:08:11 PM

kalenjinherdsboy wrote:
Alba wrote:

Rugby used to be a well run sport but the influx of sponsorship has turned it into a den of thieves

Kenyan rugby was well run when? KRU officials have been eating chicken and cutting corners for many years.

You are nitpicking. But perhaps you will happier if I say: "Rugby was well run by Kenyan standards". I initially left the bolded part out because I assume nobody expects Kenya sports to be run like Europeans.

Rugby has been doing relatively well. In the last 6 years:
1. Kenya have been African XV a side champions twice
2. Kenya reached the semis of the 7s world cup twice
3. Rugby had more sponsorships than any other sport.
4. The amount of wrangling and infighting was insignificant when compared to other sports
5. In the last 6 years, Kenya always clobbers arch rivals Uganda in the Elgon cup--> This is the most important point.
6. Rugby actually had a youth setup and a permanent youth sides for both 7s and XV
7. Kenya came very close to qualifying for the XV a side WC
8. Kenya played in the Vodacom cup in 2014 and even won one game.

Those are a few reasons I think rugby has been well run by Kenyan standards over the past 6 years. "Shareman" was actually the best rugby chairman Kenya has had since I started to follow rugby. No other sports federation has such achievements. Athletics does not count because much depends on individual efforts of each athlete.

All that is about to change now. Kenya will soon go back to losing the Elgon cup to Uganda not to mention losing to them at 7s.
kalenjinherdsboy
#11 Posted : Tuesday, March 03, 2015 12:36:50 AM

Alba wrote:

You are nitpicking. But perhaps you will happier if I say: "Rugby was well run by Kenyan standards". I initially left the bolded part out because I assume nobody expects Kenya sports to be run like Europeans.

Rugby has been doing relatively well. In the last 6 years:
1. Kenya have been African XV a side champions twice
2. Kenya reached the semis of the 7s world cup twice
3. Rugby had more sponsorships than any other sport.
4. The amount of wrangling and infighting was insignificant when compared to other sports
5. In the last 6 years, Kenya always clobbers arch rivals Uganda in the Elgon cup--> This is the most important point.
6. Rugby actually had a youth setup and a permanent youth sides for both 7s and XV
7. Kenya came very close to qualifying for the XV a side WC
8. Kenya played in the Vodacom cup in 2014 and even won one game.

100% I agree Shareman did a lot of good to improve the standards of Kenyan rugby. Beating a strong Namibia in a world cup qualifier being a personal highlight.

For sure football and athletics get more attention because of their higher profile but rugby management is as rotten as the rest.

Hiyo ni ukweli ya mambo.
MaichBlack
#12 Posted : Tuesday, March 03, 2015 7:54:51 AM

Link: AFC Leopards! That is Kenya for you!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Wainadi
#13 Posted : Tuesday, March 03, 2015 9:21:57 AM

Its a sad state of affairs, just looking at the youths whom had the nicknames of pele and maradona when we were younger, washing cars and drinking tunusu since they concentrated on sports and ignored books. I look at their defeated faces that once possesed a fiery and proud spirit, they had resigned to fate.
Its all good.
alma
#14 Posted : Tuesday, March 03, 2015 9:31:45 AM

When I was young I remember walking some miles from Parklands to Ruaraka because a team called Nyeri Posta was going to play against Nakuru Railway in a volleyball match. And yes the place was packed to the brim.

There was dust flying all over and no artificial turf but boy weren't we happy.

Then on Satos quickly cross over to Eastleigh Social Hall to watch boxing matches the whole afternoon.

We would listen on the radio to the Olympic games as the Hit Squad would maul other countries in the Olympics.

Every young person had a sport they loved and we played our hearts out.

That was during Matibas time.

Then "these people" came. How oh how does anyone pick Nyamweya to head anything on this earth? The football guys complaining right now are the very same ones who voted them in.

How do you keep a guy to head anything for as long as the Athletics fellow has been going around? Kweli amemea roots kwa hiyo kiti?

As for rugby, I don't think I will forget this article in a hurry Mark Friday vs Kenya Rugby. Clearly only blinders can keep one from knowing something is rotten in rugby too.

How do you expect to run any sport on this earth in 2015 when the leaders are corrupt? In other countries team owners are fired for saying even one racist word. Hapa Kenya we vote these people in bila kubabaika then blame Uhuru gov't.

I support Safaricom completely in this. Don't fund thieves. That's a simple philosophy I stick to cause aint no way I'm bribing anyone.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
tycho
#15 Posted : Tuesday, March 03, 2015 10:00:13 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
Link: Safaricom will no longer finance corruption in sports!!!

Safaricom will no longer fund Football, Rugby and Athletics because of the thuggery and corruption in the federations.

These thugs even frustrated Safaricom's support for youth football (the main thing ailing Kenyan football) by demanding 20% (of the sponsorship) as chicken!! Safaricom pulled off!

Why not just rename and justify the 'chicken', update rules of engagement and move on, instead of taking hypocritical positions?
Muriel
#16 Posted : Tuesday, March 03, 2015 10:24:46 AM

alma wrote:
When I was young I remember walking some miles from Parklands to Ruaraka because a team called Nyeri Posta was going to play against Nakuru Railway in a volleyball match. And yes the place was packed to the brim.

Then on Satos quickly cross over to Eastleigh Social Hall to watch boxing matches the whole afternoon.

We would listen on the radio to the Olympic games as the Hit Squad would maul other countries in the Olympics.

Then "these people" came. How oh how does anyone pick Nyamweya to head anything on this earth? The football guys complaining right now are the very same ones who voted them in.

How do you keep a guy to head anything for as long as the Athletics fellow has been going around? Kweli amemea roots kwa hiyo kiti?

As for rugby, I don't think I will forget this article in a hurry Mark Friday vs Kenya Rugby. Clearly only blinders can keep one from knowing something is rotten in rugby too.

How do you expect to run any sport on this earth in 2015 when the leaders are corrupt? In other countries team owners are fired for saying even one racist word. Hapa Kenya we vote these people in bila kubabaika then blame Uhuru gov't.

I support Safaricom completely in this. Don't fund thieves. That's a simple philosophy I stick to cause aint no way I'm bribing anyone.

Yes.

I used to follow keenly the exploits of one Robert Wangila Napunyi for instance.
kiash
#17 Posted : Tuesday, March 03, 2015 1:30:16 PM

alma wrote:

How long has the guy been on KFF? Is there any way he can be thrown out? just to save those young guys who have kina Marriga as models !
Njung'e
#18 Posted : Tuesday, March 03, 2015 1:43:17 PM

kiash wrote:
[quote=alma]

How long has the guy been on KFF? Is there any way he can be thrown out? just to save those young guys who have kina Marriga as models !

There is a way.Disband FKF and appoint a caretaker committee but who will do that?.CS sport?.I do not know of any CS who is all empty talk.Very useless fellowSad
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Alba
#19 Posted : Tuesday, March 03, 2015 3:40:01 PM

With regard to Nyamweya, football fans did not vote for him. He was voted in by delegates whom he bribed.

Right now FIFA gives Kenya a grant of $250,000 per year which is about KES 23 million. This money is supposed to be used for football development.

Nyamweya pockets much of that money but also distributes it among his sycophantic delegates. These will be sure to vote for him in October. So do not be shocked if Nyamweya wins again. And he will be running against a divided opposition so I give him a 95% chance of winning even despite the fact that he is running football into the ground. The delegates are shameless but this is the Kenyan mentality.

Nyamweya is an astute politician like his friend Sepp Blatter. And like Blatter, he does not care how much the public hates him.

Now Nyamweya is bad but there has never been a worse KFF chairman than Maina Kariuki from 10 years ago. Yaani Kenya football fans have been suffering for 15 years and there is no respite. Perhaps the last time Kenya had a decent chairman was back in the late 1990s with Peter Kenneth

Obi 1 Kanobi
#20 Posted : Tuesday, March 03, 2015 4:57:54 PM

I think Safaricom is not honest;
- Yes FKF is just a gang of thieves and nobody should try giving them any money or promoting a big ticket tournament run through them, but how about supporting any of the teams playing in the KPL. Why not support Gor Mahia in their continental quest. If you don't want to be associated with hooligans then please create your own team to play football, other corporates have teams that fully participate in soccer. Tusker and Super Sport have demonstrated how you can support football successfully in Kenya. FOOTBALL IN KENYA WILL NOT MISS THEM

- On rugby, there is certainly some corruption but it was minor and largely tolerated until Mwangi Muthee wrote one of the nastiest resignation letter which basically poisoned the well for any future rugby administration. This is despite the fact that all the issues he raised took place during his tenure. Post his leaving, the Kenya 7's team has picked up performance in the IRB circuit. The 15's competition this year is going on very well and the local 7's circuit would have followed on very sweetly had Safcon not bolted. (THEY HAVE LEFT A WIDE VOID FOR LOCAL RUGBY WILL CERTAINLY SUFFER. I HOPE AIRTEL JUMPS IN).

- On Athletics, I would have expected Safcom to sponsor an equivalent of a diamond league in Kenya around our cities and towns. Kenyans love Athletics and always fill stadiums when there is an occasion. But I never saw that, the only thing they sponsor is the lewa marathon for the rich. ATHLETICS WILL NOT MISS THEM

So I am sorry but I am not buying Safcons story, they just wanted out of Sports sponsorship.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins