7 Pages«<23456>»
Kenya Power HY 2015 PBT up 53%
guru267
#61 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2015 10:31:53 AM

murchr wrote:
kryptonite wrote:
murchr wrote:
DtheK wrote:
We should give credit where it's due;the cost of power has dropped as compared to last year,both kplc and kengen are making money and sufficient power is being generated.South Africans i am sure do envy usS.A black outs.

Not yet. Kenya generates just 1900MW as compared to SA's +30,000MW Kenya experiences blackouts just like SA, its only that to South Africans this is foreign.

Those numbers deceive. Right now, despite the +30,000MW generation (it's actually approximately 42,000MW), SA is on power rationing for up to 11 days per month.

This is not the first time South Africans are experiencing rolling blackouts.

Because their plants are old and require some renovation. 1900MW is not enough only around 15% of Kenya is lit up.

@murchr you seem to be living in the past... As at 2014 more than 25% of Kenya is on the grid with plans to take this to 70% by 2020!
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
kryptonite
#62 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2015 3:29:45 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
kryptonite wrote:
murchr wrote:
DtheK wrote:
We should give credit where it's due;the cost of power has dropped as compared to last year,both kplc and kengen are making money and sufficient power is being generated.South Africans i am sure do envy usS.A black outs.

Not yet. Kenya generates just 1900MW as compared to SA's +30,000MW Kenya experiences blackouts just like SA, its only that to South Africans this is foreign.

Those numbers deceive. Right now, despite the +30,000MW generation (it's actually approximately 42,000MW), SA is on power rationing for up to 11 days per month.

Damn! Those SA guys have at least 15x our generation capacity!!! No wonder they have huge plants and factories vs our light industrial plants. We have a long way to go!

I concur. Long, long way.
Tujikakamue kabisa
The harder you work, the luckier you get
murchr
#63 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2015 5:16:25 PM

guru267 wrote:
murchr wrote:
kryptonite wrote:
murchr wrote:
DtheK wrote:

Because their plants are old and require some renovation. 1900MW is not enough only around 15% of Kenya is lit up.

@murchr you seem to be living in the past... As at 2014 more than 25% of Kenya is on the grid with plans to take this to 70% by 2020!

When did we add the +10 %?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
KondooEconomist
#64 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2015 12:00:29 PM

As seen from space, SA is quite 'enlightened', also Tunisia, Northern Algeria and Morocco, we do have quite a long way

VituVingiSana
#65 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2015 4:27:13 PM

guru267 wrote:
murchr wrote:
kryptonite wrote:
murchr wrote:
DtheK wrote:

70% by 2020? On paper, not in reality. I am happy to return to this thread on 1 Jan 2021. And an independent (not KPLC-funded) survey!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
innairobi
#66 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2015 5:08:16 PM

South Africa electricity is swallowed by the huge power-gobbling industries.
All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
Ericsson
#67 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2015 6:29:55 PM

South Africa consumes more than half of the total electricity generated in the continent.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
jwatesh
#68 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 2:45:51 PM

We need more industries to gobble up power. Glad to hear a couple of diary plants are coming into the mix soon http://www.businessdaily.../-/g3kljdz/-/index.html

plus malls... when this stock issues a higher dividend it will explode
Mart_Consult
#69 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 5:34:27 PM

jwatesh wrote:
We need more industries to gobble up power. Glad to hear a couple of diary plants are coming into the mix soon http://www.businessdaily.../-/g3kljdz/-/index.html

I thought we still have 365 days in a year (except the leap years), no?

Shame on you *Dairy
I went into the (Ferry) industry knowing the same thing I knew with all other businesses I went into- Nothing. Then I built it from there. - Sheldon Adelson (Titans at the Table- Giants of Macau)
VituVingiSana
#70 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2015 10:08:36 PM

jwatesh wrote:

I thought diary plants are only busy in the last Q of the year...
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
kryptonite
#71 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2015 7:54:42 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
jwatesh wrote:

Laughing out loudly
The harder you work, the luckier you get
Gatheuzi
#72 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2015 6:27:49 PM

kryptonite wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
jwatesh wrote:

Laughing out loudly

Dairy not diary...

It refers to Dangote plants to process milk products. Also being joined by Deepak Kamani of Anglo leasing scam.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
guru267
#73 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2015 2:30:09 PM

the deal
#74 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2015 2:49:28 PM

guru267 wrote:
http://www.nation.co.ke/business/Kenya-Power-plans-to-connect-three-million-new-users-by-2017/-/996/2637772/-/oiffl4/-/index.html

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

They should focus more on reducing power and revenue losses otherwise new capacity and electricity charges will kill us...if they can increase the revenue collection rate lets say maybe to 70%...cash flows will significantly improve...the company would then reduce its borrowings and then perhaps improve the dividend per share paid to shareholders...connecting connecting customers to the grid like that when there is work to be done on efficiency does not excite me...
jwatesh
#75 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2015 6:42:28 PM

the deal wrote:
guru267 wrote:
http://www.nation.co.ke/business/Kenya-Power-plans-to-connect-three-million-new-users-by-2017/-/996/2637772/-/oiffl4/-/index.html

They should focus more on reducing power and revenue losses otherwise new capacity and electricity charges will kill us...if they can increase the revenue collection rate lets say maybe to 70%...cash flows will significantly improve...the company would then reduce its borrowings and then perhaps improve the dividend per share paid to shareholders...connecting connecting customers to the grid like that when there is work to be done on efficiency does not excite me...

They already doing upgrades to reduce losses plus its their national duty to provide electricity to more Kenyans
VituVingiSana
#76 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2015 7:12:29 PM

Gatheuzi wrote:
kryptonite wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
jwatesh wrote:

Laughing out loudly

Dairy not diary...

It refers to Dangote plants to process milk products. Also being joined by Deepak Kamani of Anglo leasing scam.

Kamani??? Those thieves will be 'suppliers' of non-existent equipment to KPLC if we let them!
VituVingiSana
#77 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2015 7:14:30 PM

jwatesh wrote:
the deal wrote:
guru267 wrote:

They already doing upgrades to reduce losses plus its their national duty to provide electricity to more Kenyans

Well, let's hope the 'new' customers pay their bills. As one captures more customers the 80/20 rule still applies. 80% of the revenues/profits come from the 20% top customers BUT the costs to connect/supply/maintain the 80% of the rest is going to cost more.

*Fingers Crossed*
TheGeek
#78 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2015 5:29:05 PM

Closing price of 18.15,
A short term correction seems imminent or a rally towards 20.
In the world of securities, courage and patience become the supreme virtues after adequate knowledge and a tested judgment are at hand.
murchr
#79 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 10:41:33 PM

Business Daily wrote:
Electricity distributor Kenya Power plans to extend its fibre optic cable connections to cover all counties as it seeks to quadruple its earnings from the new revenue stream to Sh1 billion by the end of next year.

Why do these reporters keep referring publicly traded companies as "State Owned"???
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Boris Boyka
#80 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 10:51:58 PM

murchr wrote:
Business Daily wrote:
Electricity distributor Kenya Power plans to extend its fibre optic cable connections to cover all counties as it seeks to quadruple its earnings from the new revenue stream to Sh1 billion by the end of next year.

Why do these reporters keep referring publicly traded companies as "State Owned"???

Shareholders please have mercy and forgive the reporters for they know not what they sayeth!Pray
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!