wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
Centonomy Personal Financial Management Course
Wa-home
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 9:19:47 AM

Dear Wazuans,

Has anyone attended the Personal Financial Management Course offered by Centonomy?
I bumped into some recorded video testimonies of some guys who had attended the course.
The total cost for the 11 weeks course is Kes 33,750 (inclusive of 16% Vat) for the 11 modules plus a registration and booking fee of Kes 1,500.
If you have attended the course , kindly advice if one gets value for money.Your insights will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Wa-home

Swenani
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 9:59:47 AM

Wa-home wrote:
Dear Wazuans,

Has anyone attended the Personal Financial Management Course offered by Centonomy?
I bumped into some recorded video testimonies of some guys who had attended the course.
The total cost for the 11 weeks course is Kes 33,750 (inclusive of 16% Vat) for the 11 modules plus a registration and booking fee of Kes 1,500.
If you have attended the course , kindly advice if one gets value for money.Your insights will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Wa-home

Ati 33K!!!!!!,The key to financial management is planning and discipline which can never be taught anywhere!
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Atalaku
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 10:05:06 AM

Swenani wrote:
Wa-home wrote:
Dear Wazuans,

Regards,
Wa-home

Ati 33K!!!!!!,The key to financial management is planning and discipline which can never be taught anywhere!

Hio cost iko juu sana... I took it at Nairobi Aviation college for ksh 1000...
Bigchick
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 10:23:18 AM

Wa-home wrote:
Dear Wazuans,

Regards,
Wa-home

I have but mine was a 3 days crush programme.

The course is good in my view.It opens up your eyes and some reality dawns on you.

My take away from the course.

1.Start saving from you first day in employment or business.

2.There are expenses we can do away with...eg.lunch (carry your lunch and save the 200/=.That is 72k in a year enough to buy a plot at Kamulu which will appreciate to 200k in the next year and 400k in another year.That is wealth creation

3.Motor vehicles are a cost and they help you cruiz to poverty.(Forget the status and convinience. The costs are too high and when things are thick nobody even remembers that status and reputation you were trying to keep).This is not to say dont buy a car but give a deep thought to what you are buying.A vitz Vs a Blue Subru Outback. (Think initial purchase cost,insurance,fuel,service and resale)

4.Ladies...your hair costs are enough to take you through a degree programme at THE parallel programme. Wachana na hizo weaves.

5.Invest whatever extra coin you have it will help you in future.

6.Plan for your expenses.

7.Impulse buying will ruin you, for you more often than not buy things you dont need.What is called stuff.

And many more.

That was 3 years ago and I can say I am a better financial manager.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
butterflyke
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 10:32:04 AM

Bigchick wrote:
Wa-home wrote:
Dear Wazuans,

Regards,
Wa-home

The course is good in my view.It opens up your eyes and some reality dawns on you.

1.Start saving from you first day in employment or business.

2.There are expenses we can do away with...eg.lunch (carry your lunch and save the 200/=.That is 72k in a year enough to buy a plot at Kamulu which will appreciate to 200k in the next year and 400k in another year.That is wealth creation

3.Motor vehicles are a cost and they help you cruiz to poverty.(Forget the status and convinience. The costs are too high and when things are thick nobody even remembers that status and reputation you were trying to keep).This is not to say dont buy a car but give a deep thought to what you are buying.A vitz Vs a Blue Subru Outback. (Think initial purchase cost,insurance,fuel,service and resale)

4.Ladies...your hair costs are enough to take you through a degree programme at THE parallel programme. Wachana na hizo weaves.

5.Invest whatever extra coin you have it will help you in future.

6.Plan for your expenses.

7.Impulse buying will ruin you, for you more often than not buy things you dont need.What is called stuff.

And many more.

Thanks @Bigchick, you've saved a lot of people 33K which can be spent in Kamulu or elsewhere...
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
Swenani
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 10:40:07 AM

Bigchick wrote:
Wa-home wrote:
Dear Wazuans,

Regards,
Wa-home

1.Start saving from you first day in employment or business-Discipline

2.There are expenses we can do away with...eg.lunch (carry your lunch and save the 200/=.That is 72k in a year enough to buy a plot at Kamulu which will appreciate to 200k in the next year and 400k in another year.That is wealth creation-Planning and discipline

3.Motor vehicles are a cost and they help you cruiz to poverty.(Forget the status and convinience. The costs are too high and when things are thick nobody even remembers that status and reputation you were trying to keep).This is not to say dont buy a car but give a deep thought to what you are buying.A vitz Vs a Blue Subru Outback. (Think initial purchase cost,insurance,fuel,service and resale)-Planning

4.Ladies...your hair costs are enough to take you through a degree programme at THE parallel programme. Wachana na hizo weaves.-Discipline

5.Invest whatever extra coin you have it will help you in future.-Discipline

6.Plan for your expenses.-Planning

7.Impulse buying will ruin you, for you more often than not buy things you dont need.What is called stuff.-Planning and discipline

And many more-Buy Konyagi instead of Jameson,pay for sex instead of marriage, adopt kids instead of marriage, eat roasted maize and arrow roots instead of roasted ribs,socialize with real people instead of virtual people and save on bundles, eat boiled eggs instead of boiled meat

If you do not know how to plan, you are planning for poverty,if you aren't disciplined with your finances you will be disciplined in poverty
grolut
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 10:43:55 AM

Swenani wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Wa-home wrote:
Dear Wazuans,

Regards,
Wa-home

1.Start saving from you first day in employment or business-Discipline

2.There are expenses we can do away with...eg.lunch (carry your lunch and save the 200/=.That is 72k in a year enough to buy a plot at Kamulu which will appreciate to 200k in the next year and 400k in another year.That is wealth creation-Planning and discipline

3.Motor vehicles are a cost and they help you cruiz to poverty.(Forget the status and convinience. The costs are too high and when things are thick nobody even remembers that status and reputation you were trying to keep).This is not to say dont buy a car but give a deep thought to what you are buying.A vitz Vs a Blue Subru Outback. (Think initial purchase cost,insurance,fuel,service and resale)-Planning

4.Ladies...your hair costs are enough to take you through a degree programme at THE parallel programme. Wachana na hizo weaves.-Discipline

5.Invest whatever extra coin you have it will help you in future.-Discipline

6.Plan for your expenses.-Planning

7.Impulse buying will ruin you, for you more often than not buy things you dont need.What is called stuff.-Planning and discipline

And many more-Buy Konyagi instead of Jameson,pay for sex instead of marriage, adopt kids instead of marriage, eat roasted maize and arrow roots instead of roasted ribs,socialize with real people instead of virtual people and save on bundles, eat boiled eggs instead of boiled meat

If you do not know how to plan, you are planning for poverty,if you aren't disciplined with your finances you will be disciplined in poverty

Laughing out loudly
In a place where thought is abandoned, freedom can become a curse.
kiterunner
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 10:54:35 AM

I have gone through the syllabus on their website. I cant believe a literate person needs to pay and sit in class to be taught that. Anyway people are different
our goals are best achieved indirectly
Toxicity
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 11:10:45 AM

Wa-home wrote:
Dear Wazuans,

Regards,
Wa-home

I have looked at the syllabus and most of the things can be self taught ...but maybe the sitting will give you a better understanding i don't know!
update president set president = speaker where president is null
Swenani
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 11:13:45 AM

Toxicity wrote:
Wa-home wrote:
Dear Wazuans,

Regards,
Wa-home

I have looked at the syllabus and most of the things can be self taught ...but maybe the sitting will give you a better understanding i don't know!

If the tutor is a beautiful woman and the chance of laying her is 1/100,000.Just pay,attend and maybe you might get laid
eggnest
#11 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 1:24:43 PM

Wa-home wrote:
Dear Wazuans,

Regards,
Wa-home

I attended 2 years back, it's worthwhile because they invite the actual players in the industry to deliver the course i.e stocks, real estate, protection,tax...no regrets, it go to me to invest more agressively
chiaroscuro
#12 Posted : Wednesday, February 11, 2015 1:37:19 PM

eggnest wrote:
Wa-home wrote:
Dear Wazuans,

Regards,
Wa-home

I attended 2 years back, it's worthwhile because they invite the actual players in the industry to deliver the course i.e stocks, real estate, protection,tax...no regrets, it go to me to invest more agressively

Get all that right here....

Wazua Tosha!
Boris Boyka
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 11, 2015 4:12:27 PM

Pray Pray Pray You mean mtu ako wazua and wants to go and sit in class for such a simple cause???? let me educate you.
1. by a tablet ot laptop (if you have it just move to 2.)
2. By enough bundles...fungua the pages og wazua....take your time.
If you are a learner...my friend by the time one month inaisha..you will.be versed in almost all feilds...
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
The optimist
#14 Posted : Wednesday, February 11, 2015 6:29:53 PM

Boris Boyka wrote:
Pray Pray Pray You mean mtu ako wazua and wants to go and sit in class for such a simple cause???? let me educate you.
If you are a learner...my friend by the time one month inaisha..you will.be versed in almost all feilds...
Apparently you need the classes too.d'oh!
Swenani
#15 Posted : Wednesday, February 11, 2015 6:57:39 PM

The optimist wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
murchr
#16 Posted : Wednesday, February 11, 2015 9:09:38 PM

Swenani wrote:
The optimist wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
jomari78
#17 Posted : Wednesday, February 11, 2015 11:30:31 PM

Being a stock market & wazua 'relative newbie' I can attest to the fact that one can gain invaluable insights by just following the debates on wazua.I took the plunge into the stock market this year & I'm still well in the black thanks to the resultant'informed judgements' & later this year I hope to be making large savings with my first foray into real estate thanks to the thread @a4architect.
Thitifini
#18 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2015 12:46:37 AM

The things I read they offer can only be taught at your mother's nyonyo or through ulimwengu. No short-cuts in class. Kama no other means nunua pombe na 20% ya hiyo 33k and engage a mlevi. He'll educate you the same lessons.

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
Thitifini
#19 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2015 12:48:10 AM

Swenani wrote:
The optimist wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:

killer Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
Boris Boyka
#20 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2015 7:24:45 AM

murchr wrote:
Swenani wrote:
The optimist wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Liar Whoever did that is not me. Money has been poured.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!