wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
Kenya Premier League 2015 (Woes)
dossy7
#21 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2015 1:58:49 PM

FKF is the officially recognized body by FIFA to run football in Kenya. By starting a parallel league and side lining KPL then it can only mean that the teams that win the FKL are the teams that will participate in continental tournaments if the stalemate persists.
Kenya ni yetu sisi sote
Impunity
#22 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2015 1:59:50 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Othelo wrote:
Impunity wrote:
When I was young it was only KPL running the show.
Later I have been hearing things like Football Kenya Limited (FKL)

Now can someone explain to me like a 3 year old how we move from KPL to FKL and now I'm told each one of them is going to run a parallel league in 2015.

Where will they get the teams to form the two parallel leagues?
d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

KFF boss......... Sammy Obingo, Joab Omino, etc

Matiba, Nyamweya, Peter Kenneth

Na yule Mluhya aliyeitwa @Alred Sambu je?
d'oh!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

nakujua
#23 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2015 2:46:34 PM

dossy7 wrote:
FKF is the officially recognized body by FIFA to run football in Kenya. By starting a parallel league and side lining KPL then it can only mean that the teams that win the FKL are the teams that will participate in continental tournaments if the stalemate persists.

is there any benefit especially for kenyan teams in the continental tournaments - we always seem to get thrashed in the initial rounds and the clubs are always complaining of the funds needed to honor the matches, kwani caf does not give cash incentives to all qualifying clubs.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#24 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2015 2:48:46 PM

dossy7 wrote:

I don't care about continental football. Does this mean Gor and Sofapaka are out of continental soccer this year as they are no longer recognised by FKF.

Let KPL go ahead with the management of Kenya football, Nyamweya can do what he wants with his unknown clubs.

FIFA can likewise go to hell, afterall, I have never seen Sepp Blatter kicking a ball on behalf of any Kenyan. The local teams pay for stadiums, players, referees etc, some one remind me again how FIFA benefits our local soccer.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
kaka2za
#25 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2015 3:28:16 PM

Suspension from FIFA would be the best thing to happen since Eve gave the apple to Adam
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Alba
#26 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2015 4:23:09 PM

Sofapaka prezzi. Elly Kalekwa claims that the last time he participated in continental, he spent KES 31 million.

That is money that is better spent buying a training ground and a gym so Sofapaka players can spend more time sharpening their skills. At present, Sofapaka rents Eastleigh high school grounds for 4 hours a day to train. No wonder Kenya players are below par. Players need extra time on the training ground to work on their skill levels.

Yes Let FIFA ban Kenya. We need to re-organize and perhaps even create a new KFF constitution where officials are required to account for every cent. And where officials have performance requirements.

Also I hope the government does not allow the Nyamweya league to use any of its stadia
Alba
#27 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2015 3:00:33 AM

Sepp Blatter and Sam Nyamweya, two corrupt birds of a feather, teaming up to destroy Kenya football.

Njung'e
#28 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2015 9:34:52 AM

Glad that KPL games went on smoothly.That matoke munching idiot and his effing mzungu master should know mpira sio ya mama zao...lol.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
harrydre
#29 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2015 9:18:33 PM

Alba wrote:
Sepp Blatter and Sam Nyamweya, two corrupt birds of a feather, teaming up to destroy Kenya football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcC335rTJZg
i.am.back!!!!
Njung'e
#30 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 2:51:29 PM

@Mcreggae,

Isn't Rachier chair to KPL? How comes then, that matoke munching idiot is now claiming Gor and Epsi have gone back "home"?....ama the fellow was just eating his mouth?
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Impunity
#31 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 2:56:11 PM

Njung'e wrote:
@Mcreggae,

Isn't Rachier chair to KPL? How comes then, that matoke munching idiot is now claiming Gor and Epsi have gone back "home"?....ama the fellow was just eating his mouth?

Gor was not represented in those meetings.
What Matoke said is that people from above who own Gor and Ingwe asked him to include the two teams...that read like @RAO and @Messi.

Obi 1 Kanobi
#32 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2015 12:30:39 PM

Impunity wrote:
Njung'e wrote:
@Mcreggae,

Gor was not represented in those meetings.
What Matoke said is that people from above who own Gor and Ingwe asked him to include the two teams...that read like @RAO and @Messi.

May be those people he is referring to can go set up teams with FKF. The real Gor is with KPL, SS and the fans
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Alba
#33 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2015 7:27:06 PM

nakujua
#34 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2015 10:00:35 PM

kwani which matches are supersport broadcasting, if azam paid all that cash for the division one league then I don't know what their reasoning was.
Alba
#35 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 3:20:08 PM

nakujua wrote:

kwani which matches are supersport broadcasting, if azam paid all that cash for the division one league then I don't know what their reasoning was.

I was wondering the same thing.
The FKF-PL has irrelevant teams with low quality players. Why is Azam willing to shell out Ksh 207 million to televise a league that nobody watches? Do they have money to throw away?

Maybe they are Nyamweya has promised them that FIFA will ban KPL and the FKF league will be the only relevant league. There is a FIFA delegation visiting Kenya this week. Maybe they will armtwist KPL into folding.
McReggae
#36 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 3:35:54 PM

Alba wrote:
nakujua wrote:

The FKF-PL has irrelevant teams with low quality players. Why is Azam willing to shell out Ksh 207 million to televise a league that nobody watches? Do they have money to throw away?

Maybe they are Nyamweya has promised them that FIFA will ban KPL and the FKF league will be the only relevant league. There is a FIFA delegation visiting Kenya this week. Maybe they will armtwist KPL into folding.

If FIFA bans KPL then let the govt go ahead and ban FKF so that FIFA can ban Kenya if they like, some sanity needs to prevail for the local game to thrive!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Othelo
#37 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 3:42:44 PM

McReggae wrote:
Alba wrote:
nakujua wrote:

If FIFA bans KPL then let the govt go ahead and ban FKF so that FIFA can ban Kenya if they like, some sanity needs to prevail for the local game to thrive!!!!

If FIFA bans KPL, be rest assured that there will be no football games. Hiyo FKF watacheza wapi?
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
Impunity
#38 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 6:52:06 PM

Othelo wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Alba wrote:
nakujua wrote:

If FIFA bans KPL, be rest assured that there will be no football games. Hiyo FKF watacheza wapi?

And if Kenya is "burned" by FIFA then what are the fate of kina @Mariga,@Wanyama, @Oliek and those high flying Kenyans in top leagues huku mayuu?

Alba
#39 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 7:18:59 PM

I see that the FIFA delegation has not agreed with Nyamweya. Its still not clear where that leaves everything. From the looks of it, Kenya will still have parallel leagues.

FIFA technical delegations do not support Nyamweya. It is only the corrupt Sepp Blatter who supports him.

kaka2za
#40 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 7:55:03 PM

Impunity wrote:
Othelo wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Alba wrote:
nakujua wrote:

And if Kenya is "burned" by FIFA then what are the fate of kina @Mariga,@Wanyama, @Oliek and those high flying Kenyans in top leagues huku mayuu?

Pros who are on contract will not be affected. However it would impossible for locally based players to join clubs in other countries.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)