3 Pages<123>
After Samuel, A girl for sponsorship consideration
Swenani
#21 Posted : Thursday, February 05, 2015 6:26:46 AM

nakujua wrote:
harrydre wrote:
murchr wrote:
vision2030 wrote:
Thanks Wazuans for the overwhelming support.
Thank to you all , the girl will go to school.
More support still welcome as we will have to see her through her high school and beyond.

We shall demand that the girl works hard and give acceptable results.

God help and bless us to achieve this and even more.

Whats the name of the google group make it visible for us to join. Sk Charity is not giving any results

Send email to mpolekabisa@gmail.com he will add you. Also didn't know it existed until the other day.

wazua admin should create a clone to this thread aweke huko investor and all the other sections, seems a good number of guys have no idea about this - just imagine the contribution that would come in from the investors and club SK.

If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
nakujua
#22 Posted : Thursday, February 05, 2015 10:42:19 AM

Swenani wrote:
nakujua wrote:
harrydre wrote:
murchr wrote:
vision2030 wrote:
Thanks Wazuans for the overwhelming support.
Thank to you all , the girl will go to school.
More support still welcome as we will have to see her through her high school and beyond.

We shall demand that the girl works hard and give acceptable results.

God help and bless us to achieve this and even more.

Whats the name of the google group make it visible for us to join. Sk Charity is not giving any results

Send email to mpolekabisa@gmail.com he will add you. Also didn't know it existed until the other day.

wazua admin should create a clone to this thread aweke huko investor and all the other sections, seems a good number of guys have no idea about this - just imagine the contribution that would come in from the investors and club SK.

smile the club members have done their part, on a light note - you never know if one of the kids say happens to become the president - lady admin might get a nice job huko statehouse.
vision2030
#23 Posted : Sunday, February 08, 2015 7:34:16 PM

Dear Members,

As an update for the general Wazua family,

We made a trip to the girl's home yesterday just to see the conditions and create a rapport with the girl.

4 Wazuans attended, I had only met one of these previously in one of the Mbuzis.

We met the head teacher at Makindu town about 200km along mombasa highway at around 1 pm .He took us to the school where the girl was a candidate where we addressed class 4 to 8 pupils just to motivate them to work hard by giving them hope even where things look hopeless. After that we headed to the girl’s home which was not too far.The head teacher and the girl accompanied us .There we found the girls mother , Father and their Pastor.The pastor was more of their spokesperson.
The girl, is a tiny young shy girl and would hardly say a word all through our meeting.Just innocent smiles and head nods would tell us what could have been going through her mind, excitement and eagerness to do what we were telling her. We advised her to maintain discipline listen to her teachers and ask questions on anything she did not understand as she nodded in agreement.She promised to work hard .We are hoping that she will not disappoint us.

The home are conditions are quite desperate and squalid.It is in the middle of hard volcanic rocks with no soil to cultivate .Rains have failed in the whole region hence even menial jobs are hard to come by for the parents to provide for the family.There is only one mud house which I doubt has more than 1 room , in a family of nine (Father Mother and 7 kids).It needs a genious in the making to score 354 marks under the conditions.Yet her hopes of joining a meaningful high school were almost zero.

We thought that it was not her mistake to be born in such a family.The headteacher and the mother had attempted to apply for the girl Equity wings to fly and KCB scholarships without sucess.Thank God we have Wazua/Sk charity 'Wings to fly' her dreams are now valid.

We talked to the parents and offered to sponsor the girl throughout high school.They were very much excited and appreciated alot .They prayed for Wazuans for God to provide for them and bless them even more.

We are now working on preparing her to report to school tomorrow .Your generous contributions have turned around a rather hopeless situation.

The girl will join Mwaani Girls in Makueni county.

Thank you Wazua administration for giving light to this initiative.

I have sent invites to the new members who had requested to join the sk charitygooglegroup where there are more details.

Thank you Wazuans.

butterflyke
#24 Posted : Sunday, February 08, 2015 8:18:32 PM

Applause

Thanks for the update
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
harrydre
#25 Posted : Monday, February 09, 2015 3:26:51 AM

Great stuff.
i.am.back!!!!
nakujua
#26 Posted : Monday, February 09, 2015 10:13:30 AM

good work @vision2030 and the other guys over at skcharity - a kid in those conditions managing to score the marks she did shows a lot of determination, the environment the girl finds herself in is not the best and it is only fair that she now has a chance to try make something good out of her education/life and hopefully be a source of light in her family.

To all those who have contributed or are joining in, rest assured that you are partaking in a noble deed, whose return is knowing that you took part in transforming someones life.
Nomanoma
#27 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2015 3:56:26 PM

Some good work by members. From what I have seen Kikuyus are very philanthropic. Luos dont care. Out of so many lakers how can we have only one person setting out to help a poor child? I know it is not a must to help. But really with all the big talk!
Bigchick
#28 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2015 4:05:37 PM

Nomanoma wrote:
Some good work by members. From what I have seen Kikuyus are very philanthropic. Luos dont care. Out of so many lakers how can we have only one person setting out to help a poor child? I know it is not a must to help. But really with all the big talk!

Mboss,run run run.and Pray Pray Pray

They will be here shortly. Hope you have a concrete helmet.

Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
ZZE123
#29 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2015 4:15:08 PM

Bigchick wrote:
Nomanoma wrote:

Mboss,run run run.and Pray Pray Pray

They will be here shortly. Hope you have a concrete helmet.

Philanthropy is a choice and has nothing to do with tribe!!Sad Sad Sad
After team Otoyos are done with Homabay they will stone you for your commentsPray Pray Pray Pray
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
Swenani
#30 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2015 4:19:03 PM

Nomanoma wrote:

You are an embarrassment to the the semen and ovary that conceived you
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
sheri
#31 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2015 4:30:38 PM

Nomanoma wrote:

Please let us not go that routeSad Sad
Gordon Gekko
#32 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2015 4:40:26 PM

Nomanoma wrote:

Read your history. The biggest philanthropists are the usually the biggest looters.
McReggae
#33 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2015 4:45:29 PM

Applause Applause Applause Goodwork Vision2030 and the Wazua crew!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
taka jua
#34 Posted : Wednesday, February 18, 2015 4:49:51 PM

[/quote]
You know the drill take the discussion to skgoogle group for members to engage and discuss the way forward . we can start as soon as possible.
[/quote]

have emailed, kindly check

alma
#35 Posted : Wednesday, February 18, 2015 5:21:02 PM

Nomanoma wrote:

Do yourself a favor and remain anonymous. No one in this group is interested in upus.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
Wamunyota
#36 Posted : Wednesday, February 18, 2015 5:42:42 PM

Nomanoma wrote:

A very stupid comment.Shame on you Shame on you

Hutia Mundu!!
washiku
#37 Posted : Wednesday, February 18, 2015 7:11:29 PM

Nomanoma wrote:

Wah...hapa umetuangusha buda. Not everything is about tribes. From that SK Club group, how do you even tell who belongs to which tribe?Sad Sad Sad Shame on you
mibbz
#38 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2015 6:18:18 PM

Hi Wazuans. Any updates on upcoming charity initiatives,perhaps for 2016? I am keen on participating. Thank you.
nakujua
#39 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2015 7:33:36 PM

mibbz wrote:
Hi Wazuans. Any updates on upcoming charity initiatives,perhaps for 2016? I am keen on participating. Thank you.

Nice, not sure if you are on the skcharity mailing list, I think that would be a great start and also on the same you can forward your number to get on the whatsup group where more updates happen.

Now there most likely will be a meeting on the 5th, though the same has not been confirmed yet for the end of the year - i.e the last meting for the year, and what has been achieved this year will be reviewed plus also what the charity will take up for the coming year.

The major initiative for this year was putting a girl through school, form one to be precise and also making sure that all her educational needs were met, and she has been doing great so far - that will definitely be part of the coming year activity also.

For the coming year the major activity is still to be tied around education of kids from underprivileged homes, and the charity is still looking for a kid, who will be joining form one next year to sponsor, none has been identified so far, and that will be part of the main discussions in the coming meeting.

On that note I think if anyone has a case they think would benefit from the same, it would be great to forward the same.

I have tried to cover as much in that, but there is some good work the members are doing over at the charity.

so karibu sana.
nakujua
#40 Posted : Saturday, January 02, 2016 1:00:38 PM

With the KCPE results out, the members over at skcharity are still open to any referral to a case of a needy kid - who would benefit from sponsorship by the group.

anyone with a suggestion will be most welcome.