wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<4567>
Uber Game Changer in Town
Ash Ock
#101 Posted : Tuesday, September 06, 2016 12:01:13 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
Has anyone here used Little? What were your experiences?

My missus used it once when fleeing from me. Told me later it was a good experience (the taxi) and the price was better than Uber's.
Sent from my Black Nokia 3310
Horton
#102 Posted : Tuesday, September 06, 2016 1:41:51 PM

Taxi chap chap is cheaper
murchr
#103 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 12:01:03 AM

Parliamentary committee wrote:
A key parliamentary committee has warned that mobile phone taxi services provider Uber could be fleecing Kenyans through a pyramid-like scheme.

We are very unfortunate to have these kind of people as policy makers
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
KulaRaha
#104 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 9:19:53 AM

Uber drivers protesting are fools. They think by increasing price they will get more profit...when in reality the demand for their services will drop.

very greedy and foolish.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Lolest!
#105 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 10:04:36 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
Uber drivers protesting are fools. They think by increasing price they will get more profit...when in reality the demand for their services will drop.

very greedy and foolish.

Their issue is not just price but percentage.

Uber takes 25% of the amount per trip, they want them like Little to take sub 20%
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Lolest!
#106 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 10:15:33 AM

Ash Ock wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Has anyone here used Little? What were your experiences?

My missus used it once when fleeing from me. Told me later it was a good experience (the taxi) and the price was better than Uber's.

It's fantastic, you even get to choose a radio station to listen to

My problem with them is that they have fewer drivers than Uber( so many times you will get the message "no service providers found")

The app will need an improvement of reliability and features( eg no route map in emails) but we should all aim to promote them as they're local and their drivers are happier than the Uber ones
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
KulaRaha
#107 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 10:32:29 AM

Lolest! wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

very greedy and foolish.

Their issue is not just price but percentage.

Uber takes 25% of the amount per trip, they want them like Little to take sub 20%

Those drivers are fools, I repeat. Before Uber, most were jobless or sitting in traditional taxis maybe doing one trip a day. Now they take home between 40 and 60k a month and they feel it is not enough.

Woe if Uber decides to suspend operations, they can go back to idling at shopping centres and sleeping during the day.
KulaRaha
#108 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:13:24 AM

Foolish Kenyans committing suicide:

Lolest!
#109 Posted : Wednesday, March 01, 2017 9:50:54 AM

Dahatre
#110 Posted : Wednesday, March 01, 2017 12:15:55 PM

Drivers may have a point...Uber is running on fumes:

After a discombobulated 2016, in which Uber burned through more than $2 billion, amid findings that rider fares only cover roughly 40 percent of a ride, with the remainder subsidized by venture capitalists, it’s hard to imagine Kalanick could take the company public at its stunning current valuation of nearly $70 billion.

Uber is doomed
KulaRaha
#111 Posted : Wednesday, March 01, 2017 12:32:27 PM

Amazon is also making losses even today, but Walmart is half dead because of them. Watch this space, Uber ain't going anywhere!
alma1
#112 Posted : Wednesday, March 01, 2017 1:48:10 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
Amazon is also making losses even today, but Walmart is half dead because of them. Watch this space, Uber ain't going anywhere!

Very true. They have enough cash to make loses for the next 5 years.

It's a problem with misconceptions. People believe Uber is in the taxi business. It isn't. The uber car owner is the one in the taxi business.

As for Uber and their profits. Let them take what they can. Do people even have an idea on how much work is involved in the app business?

Does the fella with only a car loan understand how much sacrifice was needed to setup the app? Ama he thinks app is the new nasa party name?

It takes time, time, work, work. So when some fella in westlands decides that he's buying a second hand car and expects more money from you. You tell him to hit the road.

Akae na hiyo gari yake.

Uber will survive. The greedy Kenyan without a business idea shall go on screaming if he want's to.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

mkenyan
#113 Posted : Wednesday, March 01, 2017 3:44:12 PM

alma1 wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Very true. They have enough cash to make loses for the next 5 years.

It's a problem with misconceptions. People believe Uber is in the taxi business. It isn't. The uber car owner is the one in the taxi business.

As for Uber and their profits. Let them take what they can. Do people even have an idea on how much work is involved in the app business?

Does the fella with only a car loan understand how much sacrifice was needed to setup the app? Ama he thinks app is the new nasa party name?

It takes time, time, work, work. So when some fella in westlands decides that he's buying a second hand car and expects more money from you. You tell him to hit the road.

Akae na hiyo gari yake.

Uber will survive. The greedy Kenyan without a business idea shall go on screaming if he want's to.

that is true. and then maintaining that app is another cost as well. and the uber drivers ought to realise that without uber and the other similar service providers they are not going to be in business - unlike the traditional taxis, their very operation depends on the apps.
murchr
#114 Posted : Wednesday, March 01, 2017 9:33:12 PM

KulaRaha wrote:

I know where you are heading to but I cant help but point out that Walmart is NOT
anything near being dead. Amazon has just made them adapt to the new environment and they are doing very well (e-commerce revenue grew by 29% vs Amazons 22% and Walmart reduced its 2 day shipping charges forcing Amazon to do the same)

On Uber, the drivers CAN opt out if they cannot agree to the terms of service. Uber is here to stay
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Dahatre
#115 Posted : Wednesday, March 01, 2017 11:03:02 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
Let's hope it is just growing pains...I love me some Uber..

On Amazon-They had mind blowing revenues which they plowed into new lines of business, hence the lack of profits since all its lines of business were at different stages of growth in the last 20 yrs.

But I think the tide has turned: Amazon is now a a profit machine.
KulaRaha
#116 Posted : Thursday, March 02, 2017 9:04:12 AM

We really have this misplaced sense of entitlement. Before Uber, 90% of those drivers were jobless...Uber has created employment and made money for these people.

Crying that 40k a month is not enough for driver is crazy...
Taurrus
#117 Posted : Thursday, March 02, 2017 11:51:59 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
We really have this misplaced sense of entitlement. Before Uber, 90% of those drivers were jobless...Uber has created employment and made money for these people.

Bin Adam!
Gathige
#118 Posted : Friday, March 03, 2017 11:38:07 AM

KulaRaha wrote:

I have talked to two full time uber operators who own their cars ( not employee but owner operators) and they both confided to me that they are happy. Both used to be taxi drivers before and according to them, Uber offers them a better earning opportunity than before. They may be a minority but they seem happy.

It may be challenging for those who have vehicles on loan and have employed drivers.

"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
B.Timer
#119 Posted : Friday, March 03, 2017 12:24:41 PM

I wonder if the striking fellows have thought through their actions - the end game.

How long can they sustain their action without losing the Cars to the financiers.

After a while individual operators feeling the pinch and evaluating their personal situations are likely to abandon the strike and quietly get back on board the Uber operations.
Eventually most of them will be back, and at that time their bargaining power will be even less than before.

Then Uber will have them defanged and tethered.

Dunia ni msongamano..
KulaRaha
#120 Posted : Friday, March 03, 2017 2:38:12 PM

I dont understand why they dont vuka to little or become private? If Uber doesn't pay enough, go where the money is better.

Fools, that is the only way to describe them. Uber will win this one, they can wait as they have little to no overhead.