wazua Tue, May 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

70 Pages«<6667686970>
SGR Progress thus far
Lolest!
#1341 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 11:08:50 AM

Quote:
Remember how kina wetangula bought land in Turkana before gava announced that oil was discovered ? Same thing probably happened with SGR and some people with inside info made big bucks and ended up inflating the cost of the project.

Thought it was right to prospect?

The reason why people fight to be in govt is to get such 'secret' info.
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
murchr
#1342 Posted : Friday, August 02, 2019 6:16:19 PM

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
essyk
#1343 Posted : Friday, August 02, 2019 8:04:04 PM

murchr wrote:

21 days used to apply for transit containers and 14 for local.
Not a bad move.
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
aemathenge
#1344 Posted : Monday, October 07, 2019 1:22:26 PM

murchr wrote:

Copy And Paste Extract

Quote:
Government Lifts SGR Cargo Directive

Interior and Coordination CS Fred Matiang’i lifted the directive to haul cargo over the SGR.

The move follows public outcry from players in the transport sector over lost jobs and a dwindling coastal economy.

Following this order, the Ministry will consider other alternative solutions to challenges surrounding freight transport.

Earlier, the government ordered all freight from Mombasa Port to Nairobi to use the SGR for transport.

However, a study from the University of Nairobi revealed that the order was slowly deteriorating Mombasa’s economy.

Speaking on the matter, Kenya International Freight and Warehousing Association (KIFWA) Chairman confirmed that transporters can now use any form of transport to move goods from the port.

“We agreed anyone can transport cargo using any mode of transport from Mombasa port to Nairobi. The meeting also resolved that nomination of cargo can be done in Mombasa depending on the wish of the importer,” confirmed Mr. Roy Mwanthi.

KPA will now take up the role of nominating undocumented cargo based on vessel rotation, volumes, and freight capacity.

The role earlier belonged to clearing agents who did the work on behalf of their clients.

This reversal seems to come from CS Matiang'i and not CS Macharia. Should we read something into this?

https://kenyanwallstreet...ts-sgr-cargo-directive/

#1345 Posted : Monday, October 07, 2019 3:02:34 PM

aemathenge wrote:
murchr wrote:

Copy And Paste Extract

Quote:
Government Lifts SGR Cargo Directive

Interior and Coordination CS Fred Matiang’i lifted the directive to haul cargo over the SGR.

The move follows public outcry from players in the transport sector over lost jobs and a dwindling coastal economy.

Following this order, the Ministry will consider other alternative solutions to challenges surrounding freight transport.

Earlier, the government ordered all freight from Mombasa Port to Nairobi to use the SGR for transport.

However, a study from the University of Nairobi revealed that the order was slowly deteriorating Mombasa’s economy.

Speaking on the matter, Kenya International Freight and Warehousing Association (KIFWA) Chairman confirmed that transporters can now use any form of transport to move goods from the port.

“We agreed anyone can transport cargo using any mode of transport from Mombasa port to Nairobi. The meeting also resolved that nomination of cargo can be done in Mombasa depending on the wish of the importer,” confirmed Mr. Roy Mwanthi.

KPA will now take up the role of nominating undocumented cargo based on vessel rotation, volumes, and freight capacity.

The role earlier belonged to clearing agents who did the work on behalf of their clients.

This reversal seems to come from CS Matiang'i and not CS Macharia. Should we read something into this?

https://kenyanwallstreet...ts-sgr-cargo-directive/

Boss, Matiang'i is the new PM. He is the boss of all CSs

BBI will solve it
:)
#1346 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2019 9:42:22 AM

So, there's an article in the dailies that it has reached NAIVASHA. I know it's at Suswa. Is Suswa in Naivasha? Is this it, no more extension to the real Naivasha??

BBI will solve it
:)
hardwood
#1347 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2019 10:21:42 AM

2012 wrote:
So, there's an article in the dailies that it has reached NAIVASHA. I know it's at Suswa. Is Suswa in Naivasha? Is this it, no more extension to the real Naivasha??

Its just like the way sgr "reached syokimau" and was said to have reached nairobi but was not extended to the real nairobi cbd. Maimahiu and that suswa area are in naivasha so reli imefika naivasha.
Angelica _ann
#1348 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2019 10:23:40 AM

hardwood wrote:
2012 wrote:

Its just like the way sgr "reached syokimau" and was said to have reached nairobi but was not extended to the real nairobi cbd. Maimahiu and that suswa area are in naivasha so reli imefika naivasha.

What do you expect of jubilee planning? They are waiting to eat with the extensions.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
murchr
#1349 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 1:27:01 PM

Fare to Suswa is 200/- first class.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Ericsson
#1350 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 2:40:29 PM

murchr wrote:
Fare to Suswa is 200/- first class.

With a full meal menu
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
AlphDoti
#1351 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 7:33:45 PM

hardwood wrote:
2012 wrote:

Kweli hapo. Wah! So hivi ndivyo wakenya hudanganywa? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
aemathenge
#1352 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 10:18:43 PM

Copy and Paste Extract

Source Link

Quote:
HashTag: I Have Never Used the SGR

Posted on 16th October 2019, 19:00 Hours East African Standard Time

The train arrived at around noon for the Nairobi-Mombasa trip. I was booked on that trip for a meeting.

In my country, Kenya, we call the train line just SGR, which stands for Standard Gauge Railway.

We are fully capable of naming the train line something like Coast Bound Express or just call it a baby name like Ngina and please our women. But we didn’t nickname the train.

The name SGR stuck with us because the name was hyped as the government borrowed 3.6 Billion dollars for the project. The train I was sitting in was nowhere close to what they had promised.

It was a shame. Other African countries had built electric railway lines with a lesser budget. Ours was a laughing stock.

Luckily, the old automaton opened its ugly doors and let us in.

For another hour, we just gazed at each other. There was no communication at all from the management.

There was no official email sent through the booking protocols to notify us that the trip would be late. AND; there was no Food.

I felt cheated. How could a train service worth 3.6 billion dollars not afford tea?

I am no guru in programming, but it would take our guys less than fifteen hours to develop a working communication management system for the entire SGR.

A Kenyan hosted service that would never have a low time.

I felt angry and hungry as I sat in that empty train. The train was not exactly empty; it had people, just empty people.

Lonely betrayed strained and bored Kenyans. Kenyans who had wasted an hour they don’t have.

Mortgages, hospital bills, unemployment, uncertainty, poverty, and shame hung on their shoulders. In Africa, we call these people the middle-class.

More than ten million Kenyans work their entire lives to rise to middle-middle class. The rest thirty million Kenyans hope just not to die; to see another day, and maybe win a Jackpot.

After a staggering and painful one hour of waiting, the Chinese inspected us. They were checking the package.

After the Chinese loaned my beloved country 3.6 Billion dollars, they took the contract to build and run the entire project.

They are currently making losses, they can’t give us tea, and we still owe them 3.6 Billion in dollars.

For a moment, I understood how my ancestors felt in a ship when transported to be sold in Virginia. It is degrading and inhumane.

With Kenya’s unemployment rates being the highest in East Africa, someone should have let the Kenyan Graduates take the receipts - not these Chinese fellas.

I was startled by the slight shudder of the train and realized we were about to leave the station. I looked around the economy class and my heart shrunk in pity.

Little children cried for food. Their mothers could not afford dishes soled on the train, and it was illegal to carry food on the train.

I remembered a sad story of a woman who could not take anything to her daughter who lay sick in Mombasa.

As a culture, we carry home-cooked food when visiting our sick.

It was easy to understand why poor people eat huge quantities of Ugali when the rich only eats tiny leaves and onions.

It is because poor people know not when they will eat next. These people were tired, hungry, and getting sick if not already sick.

I could not enjoy the ride since I was already bored before we left the station.

I placed my briefcase on my laps, pulled down my hood and tried to get some sleep.

Before I could drift away, I replayed the expected meeting in my mind just to be sure.

Indeed, being a Kenyan is a death trap.
hardwood
#1353 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 11:05:20 PM

aemathenge wrote:
Copy and Paste Extract

Source Link

Quote:

The train arrived at around noon for the Nairobi-Mombasa trip. I was booked on that trip for a meeting.

In my country, Kenya, we call the train line just SGR, which stands for Standard Gauge Railway.

We are fully capable of naming the train line something like Coast Bound Express or just call it a baby name like Ngina and please our women. But we didn’t nickname the train.

The name SGR stuck with us because the name was hyped as the government borrowed 3.6 Billion dollars for the project. The train I was sitting in was nowhere close to what they had promised.

It was a shame. Other African countries had built electric railway lines with a lesser budget. Ours was a laughing stock.

For another hour, we just gazed at each other. There was no communication at all from the management.

There was no official email sent through the booking protocols to notify us that the trip would be late. AND; there was no Food.

I felt cheated. How could a train service worth 3.6 billion dollars not afford tea?

I am no guru in programming, but it would take our guys less than fifteen hours to develop a working communication management system for the entire SGR.

I felt angry and hungry as I sat in that empty train. The train was not exactly empty; it had people, just empty people.

Lonely betrayed strained and bored Kenyans. Kenyans who had wasted an hour they don’t have.

Mortgages, hospital bills, unemployment, uncertainty, poverty, and shame hung on their shoulders. In Africa, we call these people the middle-class.

More than ten million Kenyans work their entire lives to rise to middle-middle class. The rest thirty million Kenyans hope just not to die; to see another day, and maybe win a Jackpot.

After a staggering and painful one hour of waiting, the Chinese inspected us. They were checking the package.

After the Chinese loaned my beloved country 3.6 Billion dollars, they took the contract to build and run the entire project.

They are currently making losses, they can’t give us tea, and we still owe them 3.6 Billion in dollars.

For a moment, I understood how my ancestors felt in a ship when transported to be sold in Virginia. It is degrading and inhumane.

With Kenya’s unemployment rates being the highest in East Africa, someone should have let the Kenyan Graduates take the receipts - not these Chinese fellas.

I was startled by the slight shudder of the train and realized we were about to leave the station. I looked around the economy class and my heart shrunk in pity.

Little children cried for food. Their mothers could not afford dishes soled on the train, and it was illegal to carry food on the train.

I remembered a sad story of a woman who could not take anything to her daughter who lay sick in Mombasa.

It was easy to understand why poor people eat huge quantities of Ugali when the rich only eats tiny leaves and onions.

It is because poor people know not when they will eat next. These people were tired, hungry, and getting sick if not already sick.

I could not enjoy the ride since I was already bored before we left the station.

I placed my briefcase on my laps, pulled down my hood and tried to get some sleep.

Before I could drift away, I replayed the expected meeting in my mind just to be sure.

Mwambie ashuke akwende river road apande chania or mash buses. And remind him to carry his mayai boiro na miwa to enjoy kwa bus. Bure kabisa.
hardwood
#1354 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 11:27:12 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
hardwood wrote:
2012 wrote:

Kweli hapo. Wah! So hivi ndivyo wakenya hudanganywa? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Ohuru has the answer for you...

https://www.the-star.co....-leads-to-nowhere-uhuru/
Mtafiti
#1355 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 11:28:59 PM

aemathenge wrote:
Copy and Paste Extract

Source Link

Quote:

Kizungu miingi bila substance. I have used this SGR and will happily keep doing so.
wukan
#1356 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 6:57:07 AM

hardwood wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
hardwood wrote:
2012 wrote:

Ohuru has the answer for you...

https://www.the-star.co....leads-to-nowhere-uhuru/

uhuru=mugundaman

Quote:
Let me tell you. Mai Mahiu... Suswa is not nowhere. This is Kenya. And let me tell you. Whether you like it or not once I am done with my work and go home, after 20 years when I come back here, Mai Mahiu and Suswa will be more developed than Nairobi," Uhuru said.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

you and @sparkly chased Uhuru from wazua. Pray
KulaRaha
#1357 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 8:51:06 AM

Where does this SGR actually stop?

Is it duka moja?

https://goo.gl/maps/47jUxoPJKq7QhQbL9
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
hardwood
#1358 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 9:11:12 AM

Waah. That was under the belt....

Quote:
"I have seen some media reports saying that the President is launching a railway going to nowhere. But I said it is ok," Uhuru said.

He added; "Because you have no vision... you stay in Nairobi... you walk to your bar in the evening... you wake up and look for a matatu because you are going to where you know."

"But your reasoning cannot tell you to think of how the Kenya of tomorrow... the Kenya of our children will be..."

He likened SGR critics to a British Member of Parliament who in 1894 rubbished the construction of the Kenya-Uganda railway, claiming it was a “Lunatic Express” leading to “nowhere” thus a waste of the British government money.

Uhuru pointed out that what Mai Mahiu and Suswa townships are today is what Nairobi was 150 years ago before the construction of the Kenya-Uganda railway.

"We are not only focusing on today. We are looking at 50 years from now. We want to come to Suswa in future not only for politics but to see industries. We want to see our youth working, living well and educating their children,” Uhuru said.

He said Kenya today is boasting of towns like Mombasa, Voi, Machakos, Nairobi, Naivasha Nakuru, Eldoret and Kisumu because people had a vision and constructed the Kenya-Uganda railway.
hardwood
#1359 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 9:13:49 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
Where does this SGR actually stop?

Is it duka moja?

https://goo.gl/maps/47jUxoPJKq7QhQbL9

The route map of the nvs sgr has been posted here many times and the issue discussed. And it was agreed that the rumours that it would terminate on ohuru's nvs farm were untrue. The reli is supposed to extend to narok, bomet, kisii to kisumu.
hardwood
#1360 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 9:21:24 AM

Route Description of the Nairobi – Naivasha Section (Phase 2) of the Standard Gauge Railway line

-Starts from the West end of the Nairobi South Hub (end point of the Mombasa – Nairobi SGR);
-Turns south-westwards through the Nairobi National Park and west past Twala and Ongata Rongai Towns;
-Crosses Magadi Road next to the Adventists University and Ngong Road at Embulbul;
-Descends into Rift Valley through a tunnel located North-West of Ngong Hills;
-Proceeds North-West to the proposed Industrial Parks at Mai Mahiu and Suswa
-Crosses B3 at Duka Moja

Passenger and freight exchange Stations

-Ongata Rongai – behind Ongata Rongai Town
-Ngong – along Gataka Road, one (1) kilometre East of Embumbul Township
-Mai Mahiu – approximately 10 kilometres South of Mai Mahiu Township
-Suwsa – within Suswa Township
-Proposed Industrial Parks – at proposed Mai Mahiu Station (Naivasha sub-County) and Suswa Township Station (Narok County)