wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

70 Pages«<6566676869>»
SGR Progress thus far
Gathige
#1321 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2019 4:21:03 PM

tinker wrote:
Is Adventist university of Africa-Magadi Road holding back on-time completion of SGR Phase 2A?.

I noticed SGR girders on each end of CMM grounds (@ Maxwell area) on either side of the conference grounds. suggesting that,the contractor is yet to get access to that ground.
Any one in the know on what is going on there?.

@tinker, The dispute is over compensation at CMM as the SGR takes the whole of the CMM land ( a narrow long path). The Adventist land was not touched at all. There was an article on the compensation scandal around CMM land. Will try and google it and place it here.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Gathige
#1322 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2019 4:31:48 PM

Gathige wrote:
tinker wrote:
Is Adventist university of Africa-Magadi Road holding back on-time completion of SGR Phase 2A?.

I noticed SGR girders on each end of CMM grounds (@ Maxwell area) on either side of the conference grounds. suggesting that,the contractor is yet to get access to that ground.

@tinker, The dispute is over compensation at CMM as the SGR takes the whole of the CMM land ( a narrow long path). The Adventist land was not touched at all. There was an article on the compensation scandal around CMM land. Will try and google it and place it here.

The full story

https://www.standardmedi...ims-being-probed-by-dci

https://www.the-star.co....sh787m-for-railway-land

http://kenyalaw.org/caselaw/cases/view/163869/
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
tinker
#1323 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2019 4:42:41 PM

Gathige wrote:
tinker wrote:

@Gathige, Thanks. I googled and this is what I got.

Below shocked me;

....that a man in the meeting was saying that no one in government could help them, including the head of state.
and
....Initial estimates had valued the land at Sh600 million, but by the stroke of his magic, the church was to receive upward of Sh927 million.

A parcel of land under 2 acres to cost almost 1B (in DC), Jameni nani alitoroga.

....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
kawambui
#1324 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2019 7:40:19 PM

tinker wrote:
Gathige wrote:
tinker wrote:

Below shocked me;

....that a man in the meeting was saying that no one in government could help them, including the head of state.
and
....Initial estimates had valued the land at Sh600 million, but by the stroke of his magic, the church was to receive upward of Sh927 million.

A parcel of land under 2 acres to cost almost 1B (in DC), Jameni nani alitoroga.

The land is about 13 acres and it is quite developed. .
Proverbs 4:23
[23]Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
Angelica _ann
#1325 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2019 8:15:09 PM

kawambui wrote:
tinker wrote:
Gathige wrote:
tinker wrote:

Below shocked me;

and

Is SGR taking whole of the 13 acres, no?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
wukan
#1326 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2019 8:15:59 PM

tinker wrote:
Gathige wrote:
tinker wrote:

Below shocked me;

and

An acre of land in upperhill is around 550m. Jamaneni
hardwood
#1327 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 4:31:27 PM

Tanzania's new electric SGR train derails on day 1......

murchr
#1328 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 4:42:27 PM

hardwood wrote:

OMG Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Gathige
#1329 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 6:31:47 AM

murchr wrote:
hardwood wrote:

OMG Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Looks like one of those them days Embu-Riakanau refurbished buses turned into a wagon.
hardwood
#1330 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 12:07:33 PM

Promises vs reality....

heri
#1331 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 9:19:46 AM

https://www.nation.co.ke...320-13dv0nwz/index.html

The 120km extension to Naivasha comes at a staggering $12.5 million per kilometre while the Kisumu extension would have cost even more — at an unjustifiable $13.6 million!

For their electrified rail, Ethiopians paid $4.5 million per kilometre, Nigerians $4.6 million for the Abuja-Kaduna line and Tanzanians $4.0 million for the Dar es Salaam-Morogoro line being developed by a Turkish company.

If the above figures are to be believed and despite the huge land acquisition costs ( inflated) what else can explain Kenya spending 3 times ? and can we even ever be competitive when our asset is so costly from the word go?
hardwood
#1332 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 10:05:38 AM

heri wrote:
https://www.nation.co.ke/oped/opinion/China-had-good-reasons-to-deny-Kenya-loan-for-SGR-extension/440808-5113320-13dv0nwz/index.html

The 120km extension to Naivasha comes at a staggering $12.5 million per kilometre while the Kisumu extension would have cost even more — at an unjustifiable $13.6 million!

For their electrified rail, Ethiopians paid $4.5 million per kilometre, Nigerians $4.6 million for the Abuja-Kaduna line and Tanzanians $4.0 million for the Dar es Salaam-Morogoro line being developed by a Turkish company.

If the above figures are to be believed and despite the huge land acquisition costs ( inflated) what else can explain Kenya spending 3 times ? and can we even ever be competitive when our asset is so costly from the word go?

Consider the cost of pillars going over the nairobi national park, then the tunnels through the ngong hills. Then the crazy land acquisition costs particularly in the densely populated and expensive rongai and ngong areas. Compare that with ethiopia and TZ where the govt owns all the land thus no land acquisition costs and also their terrain is much better.

Also note that the TZ SGR train derailed on day 1 which says alot about the quality of the work by the turkish contractors. Note that britain is contracting the chinese to build modern railways in britain.

http://www.globalconstru...e-bidders-high-r7a7i7l/

https://www.scmp.com/eco...rail-project-high-level
kawambui
#1333 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 3:49:32 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
kawambui wrote:
tinker wrote:
Gathige wrote:
tinker wrote:

Below shocked me;

and

Is SGR taking whole of the 13 acres, no?

The rail is going right through the middle of the institution, and their piece of land is like a narrow strip.You can see the pillars already put up on their undeveloped land.
Proverbs 4:23
[23]Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
Thitifini
#1334 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 7:35:45 PM

Repayments for sgr to shoot from 8b to 35b from July.

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
Swenani
#1335 Posted : Saturday, June 01, 2019 9:33:12 AM

Thitifini wrote:

pesa kidogo sana
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Angelica _ann
#1336 Posted : Saturday, June 01, 2019 10:48:28 AM

Swenani wrote:
Thitifini wrote:

pesa kidogo sana

Pocket change for Jubilee Government!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
#1337 Posted : Sunday, June 09, 2019 5:49:30 PM

Kenya signed a secret agreement with the Chinese allowing a mystery company with unknown local shareholders to run the Standard Gauge Railway, documents seen by the Sunday Nation show. The company is demanding for Ksh. 30billion!!!
https://t.co/YWAysluy52

You've been asking what big fish is, now you know.

BBI will solve it
:)
radiomast
#1338 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 7:53:13 PM

hardwood wrote:

Consider the cost of pillars going over the nairobi national park, then the tunnels through the ngong hills. Then the crazy land acquisition costs particularly in the densely populated and expensive rongai and ngong areas. Compare that with ethiopia and TZ where the govt owns all the land thus no land acquisition costs and also their terrain is much better.

Also note that the TZ SGR train derailed on day 1 which says alot about the quality of the work by the turkish contractors. Note that britain is contracting the chinese to build modern railways in britain.

This is why I have been saying that land speculation is detrimental to Kenya's economy.

People who have inside info on pending government projects actually buy land in those areas. Remember how kina wetangula bought land in Turkana before gava announced that oil was discovered ? Same thing probably happened with SGR and some people with inside info made big bucks and ended up inflating the cost of the project.

Gava should stop this menace through higher property taxes or higher land rates for people who buy land purely for speculation.

The country is getting crowded. Space is limited. The last thing Kenya needs is land sitting around idle.
hardwood
#1339 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 7:59:06 PM

radiomast wrote:
hardwood wrote:

This is why I have been saying that land speculation is detrimental to Kenya's economy.

People who have inside info on pending government projects actually buy land in those areas. Remember how kina wetangula bought land in Turkana before gava announced that oil was discovered ? Same thing probably happened with SGR and some people with inside info made big bucks and ended up inflating the cost of the project.

Gava should stop this menace through higher property taxes or higher land rates for people who buy land purely for speculation.

The country is getting crowded. Space is limited. The last thing Kenya needs is land sitting around idle.

You have to pity those who bought on the proposed narok-kisumu sgr route only for the project to be abandoned.
mpobiz
#1340 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 10:43:02 AM

hardwood wrote:
radiomast wrote:
hardwood wrote:

You have to pity those who bought on the proposed narok-kisumu sgr route only for the project to be abandoned.

Kenya is not crowded there is a lot of government idle land or land owned by communities. The government should speed up the issuance of New titles and that will open up New frontiers and thus bring the cost of land down. This opinion is based on no research but my own assumptions
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...