70 Pages«<23456>»
SGR Progress thus far
maka
#61 Posted : Tuesday, February 03, 2015 3:24:26 PM

Impunity wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
Very impressed on the progress of this project...Was at Mtito Andei on Saturday and all along the way up to Sultan Hamud, it is a beehive of activity...Cant wait for the completion so that i can commute from shags to Nairobi daily...

kwenyu ni wapi along the SGR line?

...Salama... Na Kwenyu ni wapi...

Stony Athi!

Amezidi...
possunt quia posse videntur
Impunity
#62 Posted : Tuesday, February 03, 2015 3:33:42 PM

maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
Very impressed on the progress of this project...Was at Mtito Andei on Saturday and all along the way up to Sultan Hamud, it is a beehive of activity...Cant wait for the completion so that i can commute from shags to Nairobi daily...

Stony Athi!

Amezidi...

Sikupati?
d'oh!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Swenani
#63 Posted : Tuesday, February 03, 2015 3:38:17 PM

shocks wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Second phase of SGR from Nairobi to Kisumu to start in 2015/2016 financial year

I wonder why it has not been reported in the local media houses ama hii story ni bonoko?

Nani anajua the proposed route alignment west of Nairobi

Nairobi, Nakuru-Malaba with a branch to Kisumu city
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Impunity
#64 Posted : Tuesday, February 03, 2015 3:47:09 PM

Swenani wrote:
shocks wrote:
Swenani wrote:

I wonder why it has not been reported in the local media houses ama hii story ni bonoko?

Nairobi, Nakuru-Malaba with a branch to Kisumu city

It will be NBO-NRO-KSM first.
The stretch between NBO and NRO will be fine and simple just like the current MBA-NBO.
Real hell comes when they will start to negotiate and climb those hills western escarpment of Rift Valley.
Building the rail between Njoro and Fwatana in Koru will require more than a strong will.
Remember the area between Lumbwa and Tunnel is where @Arap Somei caused the real havoc, and we have one of his descendant in the current Jublee gaamnet!
Sad Sad Sad

shocks
#65 Posted : Tuesday, February 03, 2015 3:58:58 PM

Impunity wrote:
shocks wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Alongside the Lunatic line 80% of the course.

do you have a report like this, or better maps?
harrydre
#66 Posted : Tuesday, February 03, 2015 4:53:36 PM

McReggae wrote:
Othelo wrote:
McReggae wrote:
harrydre wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Very nice progress!

smile the way you guys were so opposed to this project coz babu had said so!

Do you know how to dig archives kijana?......dig it up and show rather than just creating things in your head!!!!

For some whenever you querry an issue, it is opposition. More so if you are an 'Okondo'!!!

...and then with minimum thought put into they head, they type away assuming that you have always been against everything chubiree!!!!

No need to get angry. keter had massive followers here!
i.am.back!!!!
Atalaku
#67 Posted : Tuesday, February 03, 2015 4:58:55 PM

maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Atalaku wrote:

Stony Athi!

Amezidi...

@Impunity...twaa mee naku!!!
Impunity
#68 Posted : Tuesday, February 03, 2015 5:39:22 PM

Atalaku wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Atalaku wrote:

Stony Athi!

Amezidi...

What?

Atalaku
#69 Posted : Tuesday, February 03, 2015 6:15:04 PM

Impunity wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Atalaku wrote:

Stony Athi!

Amezidi...

What?

...mee aa...
kiash
#70 Posted : Tuesday, February 03, 2015 7:34:14 PM

Atalaku wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Atalaku wrote:

Haiya Atalaku i thought you are from western since you always talk about mihogo .
kiash
#71 Posted : Tuesday, February 03, 2015 7:39:08 PM

This is NAI/MBS rail wapi MBS /NAI rail? They say the passenger train will be doing above 120kph and cargo 80kph . So what happens when the passenger train leaves after the cargo train ?
Am sure the answer will be there will be an inter-change along the way but it will need a very complex management unless we are talking about 10 trains. But if we get to kitu 30 40 huko, tutakuwa na corrishons kama za shyna.
kiash
#72 Posted : Tuesday, February 03, 2015 7:42:44 PM

Impunity wrote:
The track is raised so high, compare with he Lunatic Line yonder!
Wah!, now I know why the cost is 327Billin!

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly kwani the soil is from Israel si walitoa hapo kwa kina Atalaku ?
Atalaku
#73 Posted : Tuesday, February 03, 2015 7:45:41 PM

kiash wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Atalaku wrote:

Haiya Atalaku i thought you are from western since you always talk about mihogo .

Asi!...Is there mihongo huko mayuu? Cassava is good for man who wants to tske the war to the bedroom. I can DHL some. Na sasa mbona unanifikiria kuw mluya...na siongeangi habari ya chakula...
...ati mwanamke hawezi kalia chapati ya mluya kwa sababu anapozipika mwanaume huwa hapo kando akizihesabu (churchill show)
kiash
#74 Posted : Tuesday, February 03, 2015 8:51:09 PM

Atalaku wrote:
kiash wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Atalaku wrote:

Asi!...Is there mihongo huko mayuu? Cassava is good for man who wants to tske the war to the bedroom. I can DHL some. Na sasa mbona unanifikiria kuw mluya...na siongeangi habari ya chakula...
...ati mwanamke hawezi kalia chapati ya mluya kwa sababu anapozipika mwanaume huwa hapo kando akizihesabu (churchill show)

Actually i thought you were a photocopy of Akuku danger . Lakini oza vinya mokammba. Hapa mayuuu mihogo inatoka West Africa
butterflyke
#75 Posted : Tuesday, February 03, 2015 9:39:33 PM

Atalaku wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Atalaku wrote:

Stony Athi!

Amezidi...

Laughing out loudly
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
Atalaku
#76 Posted : Tuesday, February 03, 2015 10:03:18 PM

kiash wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
kiash wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Atalaku wrote:

Actually i thought you were a photocopy of Akuku danger . Lakini oza vinya mokammba. Hapa mayuuu mihogo inatoka West Africa

...Akuku danger was a very respectable person...Good that you get cassava from West Africa. We do not want you to give birth to mongoloids! When I was last there i almost starved! I could not find cassava, cassava leaves, njugu karanga etc. So these days when i am traveling I carry my own stuff to cook up there!!!
Impunity
#77 Posted : Wednesday, February 04, 2015 9:32:16 AM

kiash wrote:

This is NAI/MBS rail wapi MBS /NAI rail? They say the passenger train will be doing above 120kph and cargo 80kph . So what happens when the passenger train leaves after the cargo train ?
Am sure the answer will be there will be an inter-change along the way but it will need a very complex management unless we are talking about 10 trains. But if we get to kitu 30 40 huko, tutakuwa na corrishons kama za shyna.

There will be on board GPS tracking system on all trains using the track and each trains will be able to communicate and warn the drivers if the section is not clear.
This will supplement the usual "line clear" management system currently employed worldwide!

kiash
#78 Posted : Wednesday, February 04, 2015 12:44:34 PM

Impunity wrote:
kiash wrote:

There will be on board GPS tracking system on all trains using the track and each trains will be able to communicate and warn the drivers if the section is not clear.
This will supplement the usual "line clear" management system currently employed worldwide!

Thanks @impunity. Waiting to see that happen. There have been train accidents world over and hope this will not happen in Kenya. I still wonder why the "two way rail" was never thought out.This single rail can do in areas that are not busy but on such a track Pray Pray Pray This is 327B rail.
Impunity
#79 Posted : Wednesday, February 04, 2015 4:33:58 PM

kiash wrote:
Impunity wrote:
kiash wrote:

Thanks @impunity. Waiting to see that happen. There have been train accidents world over and hope this will not happen in Kenya. I still wonder why the "two way rail" was never thought out.This single rail can do in areas that are not busy but on such a track Pray Pray Pray This is 327B rail.

@Kiash, hiyo mambo ya two-track parallel rail vis-a-vis 327B tuliongererea in 2013 mpaka wale watu wa ile pande ingine wakatushinda...Ethiopia is doing a double track at a much lessor cost per mile than Kenya but we were told to accept and move on since pesa haikuwa ya nyina zetu.
Managing singol track is very difficult and pron to accident especially in high traffic areas.
In fact for double track you can close a section for maintenance without affecting biashara, even in times accident!
But walikataa kuinvolve seasoned welders like us!

harrydre
#80 Posted : Wednesday, February 04, 2015 7:37:58 PM

Impunity wrote:
kiash wrote:
Impunity wrote:
kiash wrote:

@Kiash, hiyo mambo ya two-track parallel rail vis-a-vis 327B tuliongererea in 2013 mpaka wale watu wa ile pande ingine wakatushinda...Ethiopia is doing a double track at a much lessor cost per mile than Kenya but we were told to accept and move on since pesa haikuwa ya nyina zetu.
Managing singol track is very difficult and pron to accident especially in high traffic areas.
In fact for double track you can close a section for maintenance without affecting biashara, even in times accident!
But walikataa kuinvolve seasoned welders like us!

Welders, I am sure they have thought about all this. Maybe the budget was the constraint and they will build the 2nd one in a few years. what about the already existing one? will it just be abandoned? ama inang'olewa as they lay the new one? in the meanwhile, a single should do just fine with stations.
i.am.back!!!!