7 Pages«<4567>
Passport - Huduma Centre
Angelica _ann
#101 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2019 2:52:37 PM

kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
Signs of a failed State

Account Hacked!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Jubilee has been naked since the handshake day!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
hardwood
#102 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2019 3:06:50 PM

kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
Signs of a failed State

Account Hacked!

Signs of increasing cybercrime.
Shak
#103 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2019 3:03:32 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Renewing my expired passport from Mombasa has proven to be a very unpleasant experience. I applied one and a half month ago and whenever i go there to collect i am taken round in circles. The immigration officer in-charge asked me to look for the guy i handed my file which i found to be quite irregular. To cut a long story short, they want me to bribe them to expedite processing my passport. I have resisted and will not give them hata ndururu. If they like they can stay with that passport. Shenji kabisa.

Na ifikie Matiang'i na DCI Kinoti.

@Fyatu, did you finally get your passport?
Fyatu
#104 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2019 3:52:18 PM

Shak wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Renewing my expired passport from Mombasa has proven to be a very unpleasant experience. I applied one and a half month ago and whenever i go there to collect i am taken round in circles. The immigration officer in-charge asked me to look for the guy i handed my file which i found to be quite irregular. To cut a long story short, they want me to bribe them to expedite processing my passport. I have resisted and will not give them hata ndururu. If they like they can stay with that passport. Shenji kabisa.

No i did not. I left my documents with passport control Mombasa when it became clear that the immigration officials were hell bent to extort a bribe from me to the tune of a staggering kshs. 5000. I told them to their face that they can stay with their passport and had to regrettably forfeit international travel this year.(sipendagi ujinga)

My policy is never, ever bribe gok officials to get a service. I will go there to collect next year , if it is not ready by next year i will escalate to H.E. Uhuru/Matiang'i himself via wazua and other avenues
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Uhondo
#105 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2019 1:42:06 AM

Are people still queuing up at those ungodly hours of 5 a.m.? I am up for renewals, have only 4 months left before expiry.
murchr
#106 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2019 5:20:11 AM

Fyatu wrote:
Shak wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

No i did not. I left my documents with passport control Mombasa when it became clear that the immigration officials were hell bent to extort a bribe from me to the tune of a staggering kshs. 5000. I told them to their face that they can stay with their passport and had to regrettably forfeit international travel this year.(sipendagi ujinga)

My policy is never, ever bribe gok officials to get a service. I will go there to collect next year , if it is not ready by next year i will escalate to H.E. Uhuru/Matiang'i himself via wazua and other avenues

Now what is that? Ati you look for the person who you handed your file to? You should have told him that you handed it to the Immigration office in Mombasa. Or what does he mean?

We talk big about adopting technology yet a simple renewal....the file already exists...is an uphill task. Infact you have no business showing up at the office. They should send your passport to your address ala some of that application/renewal fee should be used for postage. That way they can revive posta.

I have never seen useless employees as those who work to serve other Kenyans, more especially those who work for GOK.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
kimanimsc
#107 Posted : Saturday, September 07, 2019 6:51:34 AM

Uhondo wrote:
Are people still queuing up at those ungodly hours of 5 a.m.? I am up for renewals, have only 4 months left before expiry.

Booking system via ecitizen has been introduced for both passport application and collection. But seems the numbers has been very low lately.

Amores
#108 Posted : Saturday, September 07, 2019 3:16:45 PM

kimanimsc wrote:
Uhondo wrote:

Booking system via ecitizen has been introduced for both passport application and collection. But seems the numbers has been very low lately.

Queue ni lazima. Appointment system is implemented, watu wa picha and finger print are enforcing it.

It moves fast though.
I am happy
Amores
#109 Posted : Saturday, September 07, 2019 3:18:30 PM

kimanimsc wrote:
Uhondo wrote:

Queue ni lazima. Appointment system is implemented, watu wa picha and finger print are enforcing it.

It moves fast though.
I am happy
deadpoet
#110 Posted : Saturday, September 07, 2019 8:07:17 PM

Amores wrote:
kimanimsc wrote:
Uhondo wrote:

It moves fast though.

I went for the renewal recently. Booked an appointment at 11 but was served around 1.15. I had arrived around 10.20 to line up. Overall, it was more civilized than waking up in the early morning. One observation though, try to book an appointment either early in the morning or later in the afternoon. Most people seemed to have appointments between 10 and 12 pm.
Lolest!
#111 Posted : Saturday, September 07, 2019 9:34:58 PM

deadpoet wrote:
Amores wrote:
kimanimsc wrote:
Uhondo wrote:

It moves fast though.

I went for the renewal recently. Booked an appointment at 11 but was served around 1.15. I had arrived around 10.20 to line up. Overall, it was more civilized than waking up in the early morning. One observation though, try to book an appointment either early in the morning or later in the afternoon. Most people seemed to have appointments between 10 and 12 pm.

How long does it take to get renewal passport?

What are the requirements?
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Amores
#112 Posted : Sunday, September 08, 2019 11:19:03 AM

Old passport
Printout of online application form
3 copies of the payment receipt
Print out copy of appointment date
Photo copy f last 4 pages
Original and copy of ID
Recommenders ID copy signed ( any Kenyan citizen will do )
2 photos
Parents ID copy
Next of KIN copy of IDs

I am happy
Lolest!
#113 Posted : Sunday, September 08, 2019 11:26:49 AM

Amores wrote:
Old passport
Original and copy of ID
2 photos
Parents ID copy
Next of KIN copy of IDs

AsanteApplause
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Uhondo
#114 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2019 8:35:26 AM

Amores wrote:
Old passport
Original and copy of ID
2 photos
Parents ID copy
Next of KIN copy of IDs

Next of KIN copy of IDs? Do i presume you mean Recommender's copy of ID? And that cannot be a 'Next of KIN?'
Amores
#115 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2019 6:47:07 PM

Uhondo wrote:
Amores wrote:
Old passport
Original and copy of ID
2 photos
Parents ID copy
Next of KIN copy of IDs

Next of KIN copy of IDs? Do i presume you mean Recommender's copy of ID? And that cannot be a 'Next of KIN?'

Unafikiria mimi navuta bangi ?smile
I am happy
Uhondo
#116 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:02:47 AM

Amores wrote:
Uhondo wrote:
Amores wrote:
Old passport
Original and copy of ID
2 photos
Parents ID copy
Next of KIN copy of IDs

Unafikiria mimi navuta bangi ?smile

Ni swali tu. Had not seen that requirement hapo E-Citizen.
Mukiri
#117 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 11:31:08 AM

Fyatu wrote:
Shak wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

If you find someone who can 'motivate' these bribe seekers into doing their work, please share. I'm already dreading making my application in Mombasa, even before doing so... sijui I get a Senor Police/Anti corruption officer to be my recommender?smile

Proverbs 19:21
Mukiri
#118 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 11:33:54 AM

Fyatu wrote:
Shak wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

If you find someone who can 'motivate' these bribe seekers into doing their work, please share. I'm already dreading making my application in Mombasa, even before doing so... sijui I get a Senor Police/Anti corruption officer to be my recommender?smile

Proverbs 19:21
Amores
#119 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:59:10 PM

Mukiri wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Shak wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Shame on you. We are the same people who say Kenya is corrupt, then turn around an perpetuate it.
I am happy
murchr
#120 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 5:25:49 PM

Amores wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Shak wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Shame on you. We are the same people who say Kenya is corrupt, then turn around an perpetuate it.

Clearly you dont understand Mukiri
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore