Passport - Huduma Centre
kaka2za
#81 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 6:38:22 PM

tinker wrote:
Rahatupu wrote:
tinker wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
[quote=essyk]Mine was a replacement...smh.
Stood in line under the hot sun for 2+ hrs..
Got inside and thought I had entered a goat market.Queus, mathogothanio, disgruntled fellows and slow service.I was patient..
Squeezed until I found myself a seat next to the photo place. Now I know whey Kenyans look funny on their ID's and Passports! You can't afford a smile after that hustle! No way.
Sat for another 3 hrs. till my turn came, I walked majestically breathing a sigh of relief and feeling like I had conquered the world. Patience pays, I kept whispering to myself.
The guy who was supposed to serve me was talking to another dude at the counter, so he asked me 'what have you come to do?! Ngai! What the hell? I had come to eat chips almost screamed back.
Told him it was my turn, but he asked me to step aside and stop interfering with his 'talk'. Whoa!!I started feeling like a gangster. Was ready to commit crime.
Meanwhile, the numbers kept moving forward and just like that, I was bypassed while waiting! Almost 10 people were bypassed but he didn't seem to care.
Who was pressing the button yet we were not getting served?? !
Shock on me again.I approached the counter after he was done and the useless fellow in full glare of the public chased me away like a thief. Woi woi woi! This one is possessed by 27 demons. This is not normal human behavior, who bewitched you?? I consoled myself. 'Kwenda huko number yako imepita' he shouted as he waved his hand. I stood wondering where to go!
What to do now? tomorrow? No way, I WILL BURN the ugly passport on my way out and run like lot's wife. No looking back never.
Everyone saw what had happened so they tried to tetea me.unapitwa tu hivyo? The guy at the next counter (he's from coast) called and offered to serve me. He was so helpful and kind. God bless you.
I left the place cursing that 'bitter with life' fellow.
I got the replacement last year and after 2 months of waiting.

I went there prepared for the worst but I surprisingly found it very organised and efficient.I arrived some minutes to 6.am and was issued ticket no 65 and I was served at 7.50 am. There was an officer explaining what was needed. Not bad,not bad at all! I have seen much worse in Govt offices.

Am glad to hear that the situation has improved or normalised.
May be the wailing and all the noises we made were not in vain and it reached the high office.
Or it is true that 'the system' was down as we were being told.

My insider avers:
1 The was a change of officer in charge of passports who changed things for what we're hearing. The congestion then was due to passports being printed 8n records numbers that their collection became chaotic as this wasn't anticipated.
2. Streamlined processes cleared previous backlog where passports were being churned out in small doses.
3. The physical facilities need overhaul. Since 1980s the banking hall designed for 300 applicants now has to hold over 2000 per day.
4. They are in the process of installing client communication system to advise applicants on when to collect their passports so they aren't made to go to check on status. This is being delayed by bureaucratic procurement procedures.
5. Overhaul of processes is also awaiting authorization from procurement and finance side.
6. Kisii,Eldoret,Nakuru and Embu to roll out passport issuance.

So they promise to get better

Application and collection process is still a painful exercise.
https://nairobinews.nati...yans-acquire-passports/

surely, something need to be done here.

I applied in Mid-Nov and it was ready on 5th December

The only challenge is you have be there very early in the morning but generally I was happy with the service.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
tinker
#82 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2019 3:14:16 PM

https://www.nation.co.ke...1984-107r91i/index.html

At last, someone has heard the cry of ordinary Kenyans.
Hope this audit will put to an end all the shenanigans that has been taking place at Nyayo hse.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
Ryko
#83 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2019 6:16:26 PM

tinker wrote:
Rahatupu wrote:
tinker wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Got inside and thought I had entered a goat market.Queus, mathogothanio, disgruntled fellows and slow service.I was patient..
Squeezed until I found myself a seat next to the photo place. Now I know whey Kenyans look funny on their ID's and Passports! You can't afford a smile after that hustle! No way.
Sat for another 3 hrs. till my turn came, I walked majestically breathing a sigh of relief and feeling like I had conquered the world. Patience pays, I kept whispering to myself.
The guy who was supposed to serve me was talking to another dude at the counter, so he asked me 'what have you come to do?! Ngai! What the hell? I had come to eat chips almost screamed back.
Told him it was my turn, but he asked me to step aside and stop interfering with his 'talk'. Whoa!!I started feeling like a gangster. Was ready to commit crime.
Meanwhile, the numbers kept moving forward and just like that, I was bypassed while waiting! Almost 10 people were bypassed but he didn't seem to care.
Shock on me again.I approached the counter after he was done and the useless fellow in full glare of the public chased me away like a thief. Woi woi woi! This one is possessed by 27 demons. This is not normal human behavior, who bewitched you?? I consoled myself. 'Kwenda huko number yako imepita' he shouted as he waved his hand. I stood wondering where to go!
What to do now? tomorrow? No way, I WILL BURN the ugly passport on my way out and run like lot's wife. No looking back never.
Everyone saw what had happened so they tried to tetea me.unapitwa tu hivyo? The guy at the next counter (he's from coast) called and offered to serve me. He was so helpful and kind. God bless you.

I went there prepared for the worst but I surprisingly found it very organised and efficient.I arrived some minutes to 6.am and was issued ticket no 65 and I was served at 7.50 am. There was an officer explaining what was needed. Not bad,not bad at all! I have seen much worse in Govt offices.

May be the wailing and all the noises we made were not in vain and it reached the high office.

My insider avers:
1 The was a change of officer in charge of passports who changed things for what we're hearing. The congestion then was due to passports being printed 8n records numbers that their collection became chaotic as this wasn't anticipated.
2. Streamlined processes cleared previous backlog where passports were being churned out in small doses.
3. The physical facilities need overhaul. Since 1980s the banking hall designed for 300 applicants now has to hold over 2000 per day.
4. They are in the process of installing client communication system to advise applicants on when to collect their passports so they aren't made to go to check on status. This is being delayed by bureaucratic procurement procedures.
5. Overhaul of processes is also awaiting authorization from procurement and finance side.

Immigration has not fixed this problem guys begin streaming in at 4 they can only serve 200 people and sometimes guys are over 1000+. Looks like if you need the e-passport you need to part with some few coins or wake up at 4. I am genuinely looking for someone to fast track this crap... What a mess cant believe it has never been fixed since Jan. Things become real when its you facing the bullet.
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
Angelica _ann
#84 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2019 7:19:20 PM

Ryko wrote:
tinker wrote:
Rahatupu wrote:
tinker wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

My insider avers:

Immigration has not fixed this problem guys begin streaming in at 4 they can only serve 200 people and sometimes guys are over 1000+. Looks like if you need the e-passport you need to part with some few coins or wake up at 4. I am genuinely looking for someone to fast track this crap... What a mess cant believe it has never been fixed since Jan. Things become real when its you facing the bullet.

Yet some misguided fellows think Huduma Number will sort out this kind of inefficiencies. Never.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
murchr
#85 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2019 9:42:28 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Ryko wrote:
tinker wrote:
Rahatupu wrote:
tinker wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

My insider avers:

Yet some misguided fellows think Huduma Number will sort out this kind of inefficiencies. Never.

With Huduma namba sine your documents are verified, you will not need to submit docs in person, you'll only need to be there to collect it
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Ryko
#86 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2019 10:03:58 PM

Early in the morning @ 5 guys queueing up for passport its that bad. Good news is you can bribe your way in, bad news is you have to be there personally with your documents. Kenyan systems

I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
tinker
#87 Posted : Sunday, June 09, 2019 8:03:48 AM

Ryko wrote:
Early in the morning @ 5 guys queueing up for passport its that bad. Good news is you can bribe your way in, bad news is you have to be there personally with your documents. Kenyan systems

Thanks @Ryko for highlighting this with photos.
I painfully went through the same process a year ago.

It is a shame nothing has changed for better.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
sanity
#88 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 8:58:34 PM

Ryko wrote:

After queing 3 days for a birth certificate @ bishops house,I swore never ever to que again. Could you kindly link us up with the guy to bribe.?d'oh!
Hope is not a strategy
essyk
#89 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 4:13:46 PM

Ryko wrote:

woi you mean it's that bad? but where are kenyans running to?
This is madness.
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
essyk
#90 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 4:17:18 PM

sanity wrote:
Ryko wrote:

After queing 3 days for a birth certificate @ bishops house,I swore never ever to que again. Could you kindly link us up with the guy to bribe.?d'oh!

Opportunity screams.
I might need him to get a huduma namba when that time comes..
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
murchr
#91 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 4:34:59 PM

Signs of a failed State
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
masukuma
#92 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 9:16:14 PM

murchr wrote:
Signs of a failed State

I am surprised that this statement came from you!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Angelica _ann
#93 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 9:23:50 PM

masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
Signs of a failed State

Same here, was very surprised I had no comment!!! Laughing out loudly
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
murchr
#94 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 10:09:43 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
Signs of a failed State

Why are you surprised? I criticize what must.

In this day and age of technology, people should not queue to apply/renew a passport. Govt already has everyone's information if we apply online and the documentation matches what else do they need?
Lolest!
#95 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 3:52:36 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
Signs of a failed State

Laughing out loudly
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Impunity
#96 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 5:56:42 AM

murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
Signs of a failed State

In this day and age of technology, people should not queue to apply/renew a passport. Govt already has everyone's information if we apply online and the documentation matches what else do they need?

Tano tena is all I need.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Angelica _ann
#97 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 10:20:11 AM

murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
Signs of a failed State

Generally, you have toned down on your expectation of Jubilee to deliver. More of expectations vs reality. Don't worry, We knew it would come to this provided they are left naked the way they are now. smile
murchr
#98 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 3:09:34 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
Signs of a failed State

Generally, you have toned down on your expectation of Jubilee to deliver. More of expectations vs reality. Don't worry, We knew it would come to this provided they are left naked the way they are now. smile

Passport issuance is not a Jubilee thing, its a GOK service. Even if Jubilee goes away tomorrow the queues will not end. I took my 1st passport in 99, i was lucky then because my pops knew people. So even with delays someone was following up. When it came up for renewal in 09, nilijionea na meno. Its been 10 years now and am up for renewal in Aug....20 years and we're still sulking...what is that?

What is the difference between an ID and passport? Why cant we apply and opt to pick it at our nearest chiefs office if GOK can't send it by post?. Bureaucracy in govt is wanting

Now they want us to apply online and take those forms. Why not upload them everything online and get a confirmation and ticket number which you can track?

Replacing a passport to get the e-passport requirements :
1. Online application forms
2. Invoices, two copies
3. Original ID and a copy
4. 3 passport size photos
5. Old passport and a copy of the last 2 pages
6. Recommender ID copy.
Fyatu
#99 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2019 11:14:53 AM

Renewing my expired passport from Mombasa has proven to be a very unpleasant experience. I applied one and a half month ago and whenever i go there to collect i am taken round in circles. The immigration officer in-charge asked me to look for the guy i handed my file which i found to be quite irregular. To cut a long story short, they want me to bribe them to expedite processing my passport. I have resisted and will not give them hata ndururu. If they like they can stay with that passport. Shenji kabisa.

Na ifikie Matiang'i na DCI Kinoti.
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
kaka2za
#100 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2019 2:31:07 PM

murchr wrote:
Signs of a failed State

Account Hacked!
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)