Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages<12345>»
Passport - Huduma Centre
webish
#41 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 5:58:19 PM

Rahatupu wrote:
webish wrote:
Hallo,

I am looking to urgently renew my filled Passport. Having reviewed the below discussions, has anything changed?

I'd particularly like to know

- is there an Official Fast track process (to get it within a day or two?) and how much?

- In case I have to wait for 5-10 days or so, will they be keeping my Old Passport during the processing, or I will have it for Take a look at @RobertAlai's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Robe...623942215442780165?s=09 travels, while they make my new one?

- what happens to "active" visas on your old passport? Do they become Null/void ? (you all know how hard it is to get some of them).

Someone please give me insight...as I am stranded...

1. No official fast track. - Ok.
2. You said ppt is filled. It remains with Immigration but you get it back plus the new one.
3. Visas remain active you'll need to carry the old and new ppt always or have the visas transferred to new ppt by the issuers.

Yes I have it full (i.e cannot take extra full page VISA), but with some tiny spaces enough to squeeze several immigration stamps for trips where I don't need visas.. smile

I guess I'll just have to follow due process. Unfortunately my trips in Aug are one exact week in between each other which makes it unfortunate if it delays by a day.

But thanks for the information Sir.

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
Rahatupu
#42 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 6:26:02 PM

webish wrote:
Rahatupu wrote:
webish wrote:
Hallo,

I am looking to urgently renew my filled Passport. Having reviewed the below discussions, has anything changed?

- is there an Official Fast track process (to get it within a day or two?) and how much?

- In case I have to wait for 5-10 days or so, will they be keeping my Old Passport during the processing, or I will have it for Take a look at @RobertAlai's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Robe...623942215442780165?s=09 travels, while they make my new one?

- what happens to "active" visas on your old passport? Do they become Null/void ? (you all know how hard it is to get some of them).

2. You said ppt is filled. It remains with Immigration but you get it back plus the new one.
3. Visas remain active you'll need to carry the old and new ppt always or have the visas transferred to new ppt by the issuers.

Yes I have it full (i.e cannot take extra full page VISA), but with some tiny spaces enough to squeeze several immigration stamps for trips where I don't need visas.. smile

I guess I'll just have to follow due process. Unfortunately my trips in Aug are one exact week in between each other which makes it unfortunate if it delays by a day.

Filled up ppt can't have visa endorsed on the spaces between visas, one visa per page policy applies. However you can get entry/exit stamps. All the best pal.
webish
#43 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 6:44:23 PM

Rahatupu wrote:
webish wrote:
Rahatupu wrote:
webish wrote:
Hallo,

Filled up ppt can't have visa endorsed on the spaces between visas, one visa per page policy applies. However you can get entry/exit stamps. All the best pal.

Sure. That's the case for me.

Thanks again. Will give some feedback on my experience.

Cheers.

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
tinker
#44 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 5:28:16 PM

I recently went to ImmigrationDept(Nyayo Hse) to renew my filled-up Kenyan passport. I armed myself with all original documents,application form and e-Citizen payment slip, I told myself that, since I had prepared myself'well' through e-citizen system, it will take 10 Minutes or so to submit the docs and later wait for few days to receive my replacement passport.

I casually walked in Immigration Hq at about 10:00 am to submit the application but to my surprise, the queue was too long, you can imagine you had to 'beat' two corners behind Nyayo to see the last person on the queue.
Since there were so many stone faced 'GSU' guys, I couldn't even fathom any monkey business. I had to patiently follow the queue. unfortunately, there was no any information or advise on the latest time to submit, so I waited until 14:00 pm where I was five people behind the 1st gate to get into the 1st waiting bay, then a shocker of the day was announced by this GSU lady that, " No new application until tomorrow, period".
Well, the argument ensued from 'we the People' but nothing would change the mind of the officer. After much urgument and because the voices were being raised, the officer called in the Immigration supervisor who dismissed us that, No new application until tomorrow and that we should come the following by 6:00 AM as those who were ahead of us.

The following day I was at Nyayo hse few minutes past 7:00 am. and indeed there were other Kenyans ahead of the queue. This time I had to beat only one corner, over-looking Uhuru Highway.

The queue dragged for hours and you couldn't make a mistake to go out for tea otherwise you will be 'cut-off' again. we entered the 1st waiting bay at 11:00 am and we were lucky to get this tickets [token similar to those used in banking hall] which were being dished-out by one aging officer, the 1st milestone down.

Then another long wait until we were ushered into the second waiting bay which is inside the Immigration building, this was around 14:00 pm, the 2nd Milestone. Inside here, there was a big information poster indicating the requirements, amount charged, other offices and waiting time.

So, from the posters, there are other immigration offices around the country where one can submit his application, namely Kisumu, Embu, Nakuru etc, etc. I asked this lady who was ahead of me why she did not submit her application in Nakuru, her home town but she informed me that she indeed visited the Nakuru office where her docs were 'verified' but she was told she has to submit them in person at Hq.
Still on the same poster INSIDE the office, it was indicated that 'renew/placement' waiting period is 4 days. Unfortunately, I was informed that some guys have even waited for two months.
The immigration clerks were lazily serving, only 2 of them were available at time where we have up nine counters, I also noticed they were always talking on phone while they were serving customer [who were they calling?].

To cut the long story short, I finally submitted my application documents at around 16:00 pm, The submission process took less than 3 minutes and there was no communication on when the Passport will be ready.

I went to the supervisor's office and pushed hard to be given the due date and I was told, since it is a renewal, it will take shorter time and I should check after 2 Weeks!!!.

Why are the system tickets being handed by an officer, is it an avenue for jumping queue?.
what was the benefit of applying via e-Citizen system?.
Why is the CUT-off time not being passed way before the actual time.
Why hang an inaccurate poster inside the 'Hq'?.
Why all this mediocrity?.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
murchr
#45 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 9:00:12 PM

Kenyans abroad can renew their passports online, why can't the service be extended to Kenyans in Kenya?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
maka
#46 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 11:40:52 PM

tinker wrote:
I recently went to ImmigrationDept(Nyayo Hse) to renew my filled-up Kenyan passport. I armed myself with all original documents,application form and e-Citizen payment slip, I told myself that, since I had prepared myself'well' through e-citizen system, it will take 10 Minutes or so to submit the docs and later wait for few days to receive my replacement passport.

I casually walked in Immigration Hq at about 10:00 am to submit the application but to my surprise, the queue was too long, you can imagine you had to 'beat' two corners behind Nyayo to see the last person on the queue.
Since there were so many stone faced 'GSU' guys, I couldn't even fathom any monkey business. I had to patiently follow the queue. unfortunately, there was no any information or advise on the latest time to submit, so I waited until 14:00 pm where I was five people behind the 1st gate to get into the 1st waiting bay, then a shocker of the day was announced by this GSU lady that, " No new application until tomorrow, period".
Well, the argument ensued from 'we the People' but nothing would change the mind of the officer. After much urgument and because the voices were being raised, the officer called in the Immigration supervisor who dismissed us that, No new application until tomorrow and that we should come the following by 6:00 AM as those who were ahead of us.

The following day I was at Nyayo hse few minutes past 7:00 am. and indeed there were other Kenyans ahead of the queue. This time I had to beat only one corner, over-looking Uhuru Highway.

The queue dragged for hours and you couldn't make a mistake to go out for tea otherwise you will be 'cut-off' again. we entered the 1st waiting bay at 11:00 am and we were lucky to get this tickets [token similar to those used in banking hall] which were being dished-out by one aging officer, the 1st milestone down.

Then another long wait until we were ushered into the second waiting bay which is inside the Immigration building, this was around 14:00 pm, the 2nd Milestone. Inside here, there was a big information poster indicating the requirements, amount charged, other offices and waiting time.

So, from the posters, there are other immigration offices around the country where one can submit his application, namely Kisumu, Embu, Nakuru etc, etc. I asked this lady who was ahead of me why she did not submit her application in Nakuru, her home town but she informed me that she indeed visited the Nakuru office where her docs were 'verified' but she was told she has to submit them in person at Hq.
Still on the same poster INSIDE the office, it was indicated that 'renew/placement' waiting period is 4 days. Unfortunately, I was informed that some guys have even waited for two months.
The immigration clerks were lazily serving, only 2 of them were available at time where we have up nine counters, I also noticed they were always talking on phone while they were serving customer [who were they calling?].

To cut the long story short, I finally submitted my application documents at around 16:00 pm, The submission process took less than 3 minutes and there was no communication on when the Passport will be ready.

I went to the supervisor's office and pushed hard to be given the due date and I was told, since it is a renewal, it will take shorter time and I should check after 2 Weeks!!!.

Why are the system tickets being handed by an officer, is it an avenue for jumping queue?.

Ni ujinga tu.... That's all I can say... For crying out loud we are in 2018...
possunt quia posse videntur
Thitifini
#47 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2018 1:40:57 AM

Well, common sense is silent on human virtues. But I don't say you be corrupt.

We hope that one day the government will be more responsive to citizens. They government system that is.....Sad

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
simonkabz
#48 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2018 9:19:17 AM

tinker wrote:

You narrated so well I can almost feel your frustration. It seems in Africa, its one step forward, 2 steps back and I resigned myself to this fate. We are Africans and Africa is our business.

The same can also be said of TIMS and NTSA. Such a confusing platform that keeps going back and forth. If It can fail to work for me, how about the common man out there? They complicate stuff IOT create eating avenues.

Digitization of the Lands ministry was also halted.

Important implementations in the hands of too many rigid and corrupt jokers who dont appreciate the fact that they are SERVANTS and the jobs don't actually belong to them.

Africa maze, Issa throw!
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
tinker
#49 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2018 9:28:06 AM

murchr wrote:
Kenyans abroad can renew their passports online, why can't the service be extended to Kenyans in Kenya?

I had not even watched this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgt9ununcfs

Even the diaspora are crying.
Who will save us from ourselves?.
tinker
#50 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2018 4:41:13 PM

simonkabz wrote:
tinker wrote:

You narrated so well I can almost feel your frustration. It seems in Africa, its one step forward, 2 steps back and I resigned myself to this fate. We are Africans and Africa is our business.

The same can also be said of TIMS and NTSA. Such a confusing platform that keeps going back and forth. If It can fail to work for me, how about the common man out there? They complicate stuff IOT create eating avenues.

Digitization of the Lands ministry was also halted.

Important implementations in the hands of too many rigid and corrupt jokers who dont appreciate the fact that they are SERVANTS and the jobs don't actually belong to them.

Africa maze, Issa throw!

I felt indebted to tell my story about how difficult it was to renew a passport in Republic of Kenya.

Am telling my story because I believe the process can be made better.

Kenyan youths are losing opportunities due to mediocrity at Nyayo house.
Resources and man-hours are wasted by citizens queuing for days at Nyayo house only to be told to "check again after two weeks".

After patiently waiting for two weeks as I had been advised by the immigration officer. I went back to Nyayo house to collect my new passport.
This time, I purposed to be there early enough to avoid 14:00 hrs cut-off time. True to the resolve, I was there at 07:30 am thinking that, I will be done by latest 10:00 am, unfortunately and to my surprise, the queue was snaking all around the building as usual. I could only imagine at what time did the 1st person in the queue arrived at the Nyayo house.

The queue dragged as usual and minutes turned to hours, we made friends on the queue and hoped against hope that we will be successful.
different people shared their stories of frustration waiting to get a new Passport.
Some had weighted for four (4) months, others three (3) months. I saw a lady who applied hers a year ago, July 2017, you could tell she has been in that queue for ages
from the worn-out e-Citizen receipt.

AP's or are they GSU officers were all over the premises and occasionally kept intimidating us.

I eventually reached the other end of the queue at around 1:00 pm, only for the immigration officer to bark their usual orders "check again after two weeks".
I felt I was no closer to to getting a new Passport than I was two weeks ago. I smelt a rat and I had to do something out of ordinary.

I clandestinely accessed Officer in-charge, explained my case and she promised to help. She noted my ID number and she followed-up with her officers. I had high hopes, little did I know this was beginning of another long journey. To cut the long story short, it took another 3 weeks to for me to get to dead end.

I had to press a button somewhere high, and viola!! I went home with my new passport in that day.

Experiences.
1. Passport applications/collection queues at Nyayo house start at 05:30 am, only for the 1st person to be served at 8:30 am.
2. Wahindi's, loaded Somali's and privileged Kenyans are getting 'fast tracked' services.To verify this, just fight for your way into the 1st floor and see it all.
3. I saw a young woman (Kindu 35 years) wailing loudly to the Officer in-charge because her passport was not ready in-time.
4. I talked to a young lad who disclosed to me that, after waiting for more than two months, he had to sought assistance from his area MP to fast-track issuance of his passport as he was about to miss a scholarship opportunity.

On a positive notes, I notices Medical cases and KDF officers cases were genuinely being fast-tracked - which I agree.

Am not ranting, am just adding a voice to this issue and hopefully preparing a Wazuan on what to expect at Nyayo house if things do not change.

This and similar stories should be told, and this officers should be exposed for what they are.

Why are they in a hurry to migrate to e-Passport?.
Is the PS-Immigration and CS-Interior not aware of what is happening at Nyayo house?.

essyk
#51 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2018 10:47:40 PM

Mine was a replacement...smh.
Stood in line under the hot sun for 2+ hrs..
Got inside and thought I had entered a goat market.Queus, mathogothanio, disgruntled fellows and slow service.I was patient..
Squeezed until I found myself a seat next to the photo place. Now I know whey Kenyans look funny on their ID's and Passports! You can't afford a smile after that hustle! No way.
Sat for another 3 hrs. till my turn came, I walked majestically breathing a sigh of relief and feeling like I had conquered the world. Patience pays, I kept whispering to myself.
The guy who was supposed to serve me was talking to another dude at the counter, so he asked me 'what have you come to do?! Ngai! What the hell? I had come to eat chips almost screamed back.
Told him it was my turn, but he asked me to step aside and stop interfering with his 'talk'. Whoa!!I started feeling like a gangster. Was ready to commit crime.
Meanwhile, the numbers kept moving forward and just like that, I was bypassed while waiting! Almost 10 people were bypassed but he didn't seem to care.
Who was pressing the button yet we were not getting served?? !
Shock on me again.I approached the counter after he was done and the useless fellow in full glare of the public chased me away like a thief. Woi woi woi! This one is possessed by 27 demons. This is not normal human behavior, who bewitched you?? I consoled myself. 'Kwenda huko number yako imepita' he shouted as he waved his hand. I stood wondering where to go!
What to do now? tomorrow? No way, I WILL BURN the ugly passport on my way out and run like lot's wife. No looking back never.
Everyone saw what had happened so they tried to tetea me.unapitwa tu hivyo? The guy at the next counter (he's from coast) called and offered to serve me. He was so helpful and kind. God bless you.
I left the place cursing that 'bitter with life' fellow.
I got the replacement last year and after 2 months of waiting.
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
Tokyo
#52 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2018 4:55:38 AM

essyk wrote:
Mine was a replacement...smh.
Stood in line under the hot sun for 2+ hrs..
Got inside and thought I had entered a goat market.Queus, mathogothanio, disgruntled fellows and slow service.I was patient..
Squeezed until I found myself a seat next to the photo place. Now I know whey Kenyans look funny on their ID's and Passports! You can't afford a smile after that hustle! No way.
Sat for another 3 hrs. till my turn came, I walked majestically breathing a sigh of relief and feeling like I had conquered the world. Patience pays, I kept whispering to myself.
The guy who was supposed to serve me was talking to another dude at the counter, so he asked me 'what have you come to do?! Ngai! What the hell? I had come to eat chips almost screamed back.
Told him it was my turn, but he asked me to step aside and stop interfering with his 'talk'. Whoa!!I started feeling like a gangster. Was ready to commit crime.
Meanwhile, the numbers kept moving forward and just like that, I was bypassed while waiting! Almost 10 people were bypassed but he didn't seem to care.
Who was pressing the button yet we were not getting served?? !
Shock on me again.I approached the counter after he was done and the useless fellow in full glare of the public chased me away like a thief. Woi woi woi! This one is possessed by 27 demons. This is not normal human behavior, who bewitched you?? I consoled myself. 'Kwenda huko number yako imepita' he shouted as he waved his hand. I stood wondering where to go!
What to do now? tomorrow? No way, I WILL BURN the ugly passport on my way out and run like lot's wife. No looking back never.
Everyone saw what had happened so they tried to tetea me.unapitwa tu hivyo? The guy at the next counter (he's from coast) called and offered to serve me. He was so helpful and kind. God bless you.
I left the place cursing that 'bitter with life' fellow.
I got the replacement last year and after 2 months of waiting.

Sad 😔. Very sad.
I had a similar experience in a certain busy government office.
Last time I needed their services, I decided to be innovative. It always seems to work
work to prosper
D32
#53 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2018 4:38:24 AM

Will be in the queue this Monday morning. Hoping for the best. Renewal.
They tried to bury us, they didn't know we were seeds.
tinker
#54 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2018 4:12:21 PM

D32 wrote:

Wishing you well but prepare for a long haul.
Mine was renewal too and I learnt that they are 'interested' with those that have a stamped visa or Visas - because they know you will be desparate to travel.
essyk
#55 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2018 4:28:12 PM

D32 wrote:

Carry a power bank and share your experience once back.
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
D32
#56 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 5:52:12 AM

tinker wrote:
D32 wrote:

Wishing you well but prepare for a long haul.
Mine was renewal too and I learnt that they are 'interested' with those that have a stamped visa or Visas - because they know you will be desparate to travel.

Laughing out loudly
D32
#57 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 5:54:30 AM

essyk wrote:
D32 wrote:

Carry a power bank and share your experience once back.

First of all, apologies for coming late with the update, I did visit as scheduled.

It was a two day affair, not because of them but my own fault in not having all the documents.

I thought the recommender could be anyone, I had a family member, the recommender needs to be someone who knows you but is not family, Another, three copies of my ID, I had just one.

If you want to be in and out as quick as possible (I can only speak for passport applications, not collection), you will have to be in the queue at 5 am. On the first day I arrived at 15 min past 5, I was about the 15th person. There are two queues, males / females. Second day I arrived at about 5:30, was about the twentieth.

They open the gate 6 am sharp. On the first day I had a bag with me, the documents inside, because bags have to go through a scanner, some people passed me, after the security check, it was a 60 meter dash to the second queue to enter the building. If you can gain some spots in the dash, good for you. I gained a few. The dash was there in the second day too, this time I didn’t take the bag with me, just a folder, was ready for the dash quick.

Once the building is opened, you are seated, if you are one of the first couple of people, maybe the first 45, you’ll be the first ones to get a ticket number, that’s been numbered sequentially, if you’re last, you’ll be called the last.

Once seated, in the inner building, the officer will briefly go over the requirements, mentioning the most common errors or missing documents, at that point, some people will give back their tickets, and go fix their error. Go and ask him nicely for a better ticket number, because maybe number 6 left, yet you got ticket number 30. On the first day I slept on that, plus I had to give back my ticket. On the second day, I nailed it. Got a sub 10 ticket, from at ticket that was 20+. Another guy saw what I did, tried to ask, got denied. Come with your A game.

At first there will be one counter open, then as time progresses, more counters will open as they report to work. When all counters are open, the tickets are called at intervals of about 1 - 2 min.

I applied, was told to wait for a photo, queued again, it was quick, was out sometime around 7 am.

If you you arrive at about 7 am, you’ll find about 450 people waiting in a buffer building. I guess that if there are more people, they begin queuing outside.

Next update will be about collecting. Was told to collect at 3 weeks.
Swenani
#58 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 11:16:12 AM

I can't believe this is what guys go through. A friend I know got a passport renewed within a record 3 hrs after paying facilitation fee of 5K.

If you think your productive hr/hrs are less than 5k, keep on queuing
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
essyk
#59 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 6:15:53 PM

Swenani wrote:
I can't believe this is what guys go through. A friend I know got a passport renewed within a record 3 hrs after paying facilitation fee of 5K.

A Bribe in other words.So your friend is corrupt.And that excuse doesn't hold any water because they are the people who mess up systems/processes and come complaining later.
Swenani
#60 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 6:31:29 PM

essyk wrote:
Swenani wrote:

A Bribe in other words.So your friend is corrupt.And that excuse doesn't hold any water because they are the people who mess up systems/processes and come complaining later.

Sweet pie, why are you behaving as if you just landed from mars aboard Mars rover? corruption and kenya is synonymous an it's our culture. Be patriotic and own the Kenyan culture.

Corruption, Proudly perfected in Kenya.
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?