Atalaku wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Wendz wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Nyayo, one day!!!

at what cost? I need to renew.

The normal cost plus 5K
!

...5k za nini? I renewed for kids two years ago in a day without '5k'...Saa zingine sisi ndio tunacomplicate mambo and our willingness to pay bribe so fast! Services in most government bodies have improved immensely...People are scared of losing their jobs.
...If the book still has pages all you will need is a new stamp...And that takes minutes! Not sure about a new passport.

Wewe Magigi, you are talkin from a point of ignorance, if you want your passport in one day(either new passport or renewal-not extension),you pay the immigration the 5K and you are issued with a receipt,it is not a bribe!

Hio yako ilikua ni stamp ya extension,not renewal

...What does normal cost plus 5k mean?
Swenani
#22 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2015 12:45:26 PM

Atalaku wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Wendz wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Nyayo, one day!!!

The normal cost plus 5K
!

...5k za nini? I renewed for kids two years ago in a day without '5k'...Saa zingine sisi ndio tunacomplicate mambo and our willingness to pay bribe so fast! Services in most government bodies have improved immensely...People are scared of losing their jobs.
...If the book still has pages all you will need is a new stamp...And that takes minutes! Not sure about a new passport.

Wewe Magigi, you are talkin from a point of ignorance, if you want your passport in one day(either new passport or renewal-not extension),you pay the immigration the 5K and you are issued with a receipt,it is not a bribe!

The normal cost will vary depending with the passport pages numbers and the 5k is fixed for all passports regardless of the number of pages if you want your passport in a day.

The problem is that when people are toldthey can get their passport in one day they pay thinking its a briber and the PCU officer doesnt issue them with a receipt for the 5k
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Atalaku
#23 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2015 1:01:40 PM

Swenani wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Wendz wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Nyayo, one day!!!

The normal cost plus 5K
!

The normal cost will vary depending with the passport pages numbers and the 5k is fixed for all passports regardless of the number of pages if you want your passport in a day.

The problem is that when people are toldthey can get their passport in one day they pay thinking its a briber and the PCU officer doesnt issue them with a receipt for the 5k

Okay!!!
Rahatupu
#24 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2015 1:27:07 PM

Atalaku wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Wendz wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Nyayo, one day!!!

The normal cost plus 5K
!

Okay!!!

From a point of knowledge and information:
1. Huduma centres don't accept passport applications. Effective November 2014 Only Nyayo House,Mombasa and Kisumu passport control centres do.
2. There are no wet stamping on passports anymore ie no extension by stamping.
3. 32 pg ppt fee is 4500,48 pg fee is 6000 and 64 pg ppt fee is 7500. Replacement of lost ppt fee is 12000. All fees are receipted and an electronic tracking number serves as an receipt as well. No leakage of govt revenue.
4. New applications for ppt take 10 days replacement 5 days. New sheriff in the Dept enforcing simple fifo systems to stem corruption in passport processing, all urgent applications are approved by the director himself. All delayed applications must be directed to his office as well.
Ngong
#25 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2015 5:01:56 PM

Swenani wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
Impunity wrote:
How long does it take to get a passport if applied at the Jubilee's Huduma center?
d'oh!

...Asi..Twice you have traveled with 'Wakas' on an 8 hour flight. You travel without a passport?

You do not need a passport to travel to Kisumu

Eldoret express takes 8 hrs while Easy coach takes 10hrs to fly to Kisumu

...He said he was jetting out of the country!!!

It was a typing error,He meant county

Hehehe!
if you have an existing. file with the immigration you and kin get the PP within 24 hrs.
BTW They work at night too
ZZE123
#26 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2015 12:33:26 PM

I hear there are new passport application procedures.. Anybody with a clue how? I need to renew mine.
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
freiks
#27 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2015 1:26:10 PM

ZZE123 wrote:
I hear there are new passport application procedures.. Anybody with a clue how? I need to renew mine.

go to www.ecitizen.go.ke and you will be sorted out online
Life is an endless adventure
ZZE123
#28 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2015 2:55:43 PM

freiks wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:

It Says coming soon!!!
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
Swenani
#29 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2015 3:21:37 PM

ZZE123 wrote:
freiks wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:

It Says coming soon!!!

Stop lying, I can testify that the online system is working....Have you created your online profile on e-citizen?Its only the Ag's and ministry of lands platform which aren't working. NTSA and immigration department platforms are working
Impunity
#30 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2015 3:54:22 PM

Swenani wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:
freiks wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:

It Says coming soon!!!

Stop lying, I can testify that the online system is working....Have you created your online profile on e-citizen?Its only the Ag's and ministry of lands platform which aren't working. NTSA and immigration department platforms are working

Sometimes you need to pull out for a brief cough, it will not go away.
Just pull out kidogo and give answer you are sure of, not just yapping yapping while struggling to maintain a pimple inside.
NKT.

C&P
Quote:
Application for Passport
DEPARTMENT OF IMMIGRATION
Coming soon!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Swenani
#31 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2015 4:15:58 PM

Impunity wrote:
Swenani wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:
freiks wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:

It Says coming soon!!!

Just pull out kidogo and give answer you are sure of, not just yapping yapping while struggling to maintain a pimple inside.
NKT.

C&P
Quote:
Application for Passport
Coming soon!

I tried applying for East African passport a few minutes ago,I processed up to the payment point.In March,I successfully renewed my PP on that portal
Quote:
Review Passport Application Form
Please review your entry below. Click Submit button to finish.
Step 1
>
Step 2
>
Step 3
>
>
Payment
KES990
TOTAL
Impunity
#32 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2015 4:28:47 PM

Swenani wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Swenani wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:
freiks wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:

It Says coming soon!!!

NKT.

C&P
Quote:
Application for Passport
Coming soon!

I tried applying for East African passport a few minutes ago,I processed up to the payment point.In March,I successfully renewed my PP on that portal
Quote:
Please review your entry below. Click Submit button to finish.
Step 1
>
Step 2
>
Step 3
>
>
Payment
KES990
TOTAL

Then haijafika kwa computer zetu, it coming na itafika soon.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

muganda
#33 Posted : Thursday, June 04, 2015 12:20:22 PM

Everyone across the divide lauded this Huduma achievement.
We need to fight to keep it so.

webish
#34 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 6:43:13 PM

Hallo,

I am looking to urgently renew my filled Passport. Having reviewed the below discussions, has anything changed?

I'd particularly like to know

- is there an Official Fast track process (to get it within a day or two?) and how much?

- In case I have to wait for 5-10 days or so, will they be keeping my Old Passport during the processing, or I will have it for other travels, while they make my new one?

- what happens to "active" visas on your old passport? Do they become Null/void ? (you all know how hard it is to get some of them).

Someone please give me insight...as I am stranded...

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
Speculz
#35 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 7:52:05 AM

webish wrote:
Hallo,

I am looking to urgently renew my filled Passport. Having reviewed the below discussions, has anything changed?

- is there an Official Fast track process (to get it within a day or two?) and how much? - Go to nyayo house ..passport renewal used to be 3-4 days but do the renewal first on the e-citizen platform to avoid any issues when going physically.

- In case I have to wait for 5-10 days or so, will they be keeping my Old Passport during the processing, or I will have it for other travels, while they make my new one? They do keep your old passport during renewal, they hand back old and new once done.

- what happens to "active" visas on your old passport? Do they become Null/void ? (you all know how hard it is to get some of them). They are still valid, you need to always keep the old passport and present both old and new to any immigration desks.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Stephen Wright
kiash
#36 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 9:25:57 AM

webish wrote:
Hallo,

- is there an Official Fast track process (to get it within a day or two?) and how much?

- In case I have to wait for 5-10 days or so, will they be keeping my Old Passport during the processing, or I will have it for other travels, while they make my new one?

- what happens to "active" visas on your old passport? Do they become Null/void ? (you all know how hard it is to get some of them).

Unless things changed , you will wait for several days you get a new passport and keep your old one after that. The number of days my friend 2 days uliskia wapi? . You ought to have applied earlier unless your visa applications or trips are planned only hours in advance.
webish
#37 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 10:39:40 AM

kiash wrote:
webish wrote:
Hallo,

Unless things changed , you will wait for several days you get a new passport and keep your old one after that. The number of days my friend 2 days uliskia wapi? . You ought to have applied earlier unless your visa applications or trips are planned only hours in advance.

I've heard from one or two, where they get within 2-3 days. But they're all struggling to hook me up with whoever did that for them (most are out of immigration).

But good to know, I will keep my Old passport after renewing. I wish they could let me have it while they process a new one.

I'm trying to complete the online profile at the moment, before manual submission when I will.

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
freiks
#38 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 11:19:31 AM

webish wrote:
kiash wrote:
webish wrote:
Hallo,

I've heard from one or two, where they get within 2-3 days. But they're all struggling to hook me up with whoever did that for them (most are out of immigration).

But good to know, I will keep my Old passport after renewing. I wish they could let me have it while they process a new one.

I'm trying to complete the online profile at the moment, before manual submission when I will.

Dont use panya routes, when you do online application and you have paid everything just go and ask to see the director at immigrations, with valid reasons why you need fast tracking your application and if possible carry any tickets or foreign appointments and you will be sorted out
Life is an endless adventure
Tara
#39 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 4:38:30 PM

Two questions from huku kwa kina kiash.
-Do you have to do this in person or can you send someone?
-I lost my ID years ago and don't have a copy or the numbers, do I need to apply for a brand new one or can they somehow get my info and replace the old one?
Rahatupu
#40 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 5:15:04 PM

webish wrote:
Hallo,

- In case I have to wait for 5-10 days or so, will they be keeping my Old Passport during the processing, or I will have it for Take a look at @RobertAlai's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Robe...623942215442780165?s=09 travels, while they make my new one?

1. No official fast track.
2. You said ppt is filled. It remains with Immigration but you get it back plus the new one.
3. Visas remain active you'll need to carry the old and new ppt always or have the visas transferred to new ppt by the issuers.