wazua Tue, May 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Hi Wazuans: I need help on investing in Tbills
antonal
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 10, 2015 5:41:15 PM

This is my first post on Wazua though i have been checking out the forum for years. I am a beginner in investing and want to invest in T-bills. What is the return? What can I get if I invest in say, 200k every 3 months? Please don't try to advise me to invest in stocks as I don't have much time and skill to cherry pick as Wazuans call it. I just want a stable investment that will keep my money "safe". Also, how do I go about it? What is the process and what do I need to get started
Chaka
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 10:37:17 AM

The first thing you need to do is open a CDS account with CBK..this is different from the one that is opened via the stock broker for stocks..
mic_mic
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 11:37:45 AM

antonal wrote:
TI just want a stable investment that will keep my money "safe". Also, how do I go about it? What is the process and what do I need to get started

Karibu!

What you really need to invest in (at least part of your portfolio) is Bitcoin.

Buy it now and forget about it. Mid-to-long term, you won't find a better investment.

Here is a thread http://wazua.co.ke/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=29849

As for Tbills, they are seasonal. At times they make for a good investment and at times, there are better yielding alternatives. Maybe you should consider Government bonds of the 10+ year variety.

With Tbills, you have to redo the tendering process every 3 months. it is NOT a long term investments but rather a safe temporary cash hold asset.

If you want to find out more about bitcoin and its medium and long term prospects, drop me a line at

mkimani@pesaafrica.com

Meanwhile, i will leave this here

BITCOIN TRADERS KENYA Whatsapp group +254 705 299 429
stockshunter
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 6:40:18 PM

mic_mic wrote:
antonal wrote:
TI just want a stable investment that will keep my money "safe". Also, how do I go about it? What is the process and what do I need to get started

Karibu!

What you really need to invest in (at least part of your portfolio) is Bitcoin.

Buy it now and forget about it. Mid-to-long term, you won't find a better investment.

Here is a thread http://wazua.co.ke/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=29849

As for Tbills, they are seasonal. At times they make for a good investment and at times, there are better yielding alternatives. Maybe you should consider Government bonds of the 10+ year variety.

With Tbills, you have to redo the tendering process every 3 months. it is NOT a long term investments but rather a safe temporary cash hold asset.

If you want to find out more about bitcoin and its medium and long term prospects, drop me a line at

mkimani@pesaafrica.com

Meanwhile, i will leave this here

This appears like a global ponzi scheme but let see what will happen with the Bitcoin. Time will tell
fear makes people live a miserable life.