7 Pages«<567
Maurice Odumbe!
mkeiy
#121 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 2:25:24 PM

Swenani wrote:
willin2learn wrote:
mkeiy wrote:
As they say, life ain't fair at all.

There are thousands and thousands who never had a chance in life yet people are quick to give second chance to a guy who had it.

I'm keeping to my lane, supporting those who never had the chance.

The call was for like minded people!

@Mkeiy, you should have kept to you lane and keep your comment to yourselfsmile smile smile

I'm keeping to my lane and didn't tell anyone not to give.

About keeping my comment to myself, how about well all do that and leave this space for Wazualets?
Atalaku
#122 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2015 6:06:26 PM

Dude married a white girl because he had money (ahahahahah where is Chris Rock to advice him. Aliachwa mahali my uncle aliachwa na bibi mzungu wake). He kept white girlfriends. He had no time for African girls. At least if he had married a Kenyan girl, she would have stolen some of the money and 'invested' for him and he would not be shedding tears on national televisions begging for handouts. Yes, second chances should be given to those who have not had them.
vin
#123 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2015 6:12:31 PM

FALLING SEVEN TIMES AND RISING UP EIGHT TIMES IS THE ULTIMATE TEST OF A MAN.This gentleman is down but i wish him quick rising up.I know he can rise again.Not necessarily through cricket but God has a way of doing His things.
Advice is like snow.The softer it lands the harder is sticks.
sparkly
#124 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2015 8:15:19 AM

Failure is a recipe for success. He has a very tenacious spirit and will certainly bounce back.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Museveni
#125 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 8:27:24 AM

Museveni wrote:
The other side of the coin!

Lesson: Always treat people nicely.

Takes me to this thread Tragedy of Kenyan stars: Henry Motego
2012 wrote:
I'm so sad to see in today's Daily Nation that Henry Motego at his age and all the trophies is a casual laborer at construction sites. For those of you my age ore thereabout, you knew this man to be a great footballer.
What's with us Kenyans and disrespecting our heros. I'm sad.

Impunity wrote:
I saw Peter Dawo on Ketwende foo jana and almost cried, I actually cried by the way.
The guy lives in a single mabati house in Kisumu slum and is a single parent of two.
He looks so low just like Osuofia when acting a poor man in Nigeria movies.
He coaches some low key village football team in Kisumu and cant even afford 30 bob for matatu so uses bodaboda and pays 10 bob.
This is the guy who score 99% of all his goal by the header and ensured Gor winning the 1987 Mandela cup

Not all sad stories though
Alba wrote:
Tobias Ocholla is doing quite well. I have to admit that he never struck me as an academic.
See below

Gor Mahia’s defender of yore recalls good old days

Do we only bump the tip of this huge iceberg in Dec - Jan ?

It is a sad situation. Na si Odumbe peke yake. What about the 'Men' of the moment ? Wanyama & co. Who is advising them ?

Someone should introduce these athletes and sportsmen to wazua.

Lots af great insights here to prevent such episodes.

Trusting people just because wanakuita mheshimiwa ama mbingwa is a path down a very slippery tunnel.
Live and learn; and don’t forget, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Angelica _ann
#126 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 8:39:36 AM

Museveni wrote:
Museveni wrote:

2012 wrote:
I'm so sad to see in today's Daily Nation that Henry Motego at his age and all the trophies is a casual laborer at construction sites. For those of you my age ore thereabout, you knew this man to be a great footballer.

Impunity wrote:
I saw Peter Dawo on Ketwende foo jana and almost cried, I actually cried by the way.
The guy lives in a single mabati house in Kisumu slum and is a single parent of two.
He coaches some low key village football team in Kisumu and cant even afford 30 bob for matatu so uses bodaboda and pays 10 bob.
This is the guy who score 99% of all his goal by the header and ensured Gor winning the 1987 Mandela cup

Alba wrote:
Tobias Ocholla is doing quite well. I have to admit that he never struck me as an academic.
See below

It is a sad situation. Na si Odumbe peke yake. What about the 'Men' of the moment ? Wanyama & co. Who is advising them ?

Trusting people just because wanakuita mheshimiwa ama mbingwa is a path down a very slippery tunnel.

I feel his case is different because he was conned due to his literacy levels. Others are philanderers!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
masukuma
#127 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 8:41:57 AM

Atalaku wrote:
Dude married a white girl because he had money (ahahahahah where is Chris Rock to advice him. Aliachwa mahali my uncle aliachwa na bibi mzungu wake). He kept white girlfriends. He had no time for African girls. At least if he had married a Kenyan girl, she would have stolen some of the money and 'invested' for him and he would not be shedding tears on national televisions begging for handouts. Yes, second chances should be given to those who have not had them.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly watu huwa wanafikiria kuoa mzungu ni kufika Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Museveni
#128 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 8:53:35 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Museveni wrote:
Museveni wrote:

Quote:
Onyinkwa Onyakundi
11 January 2015
Could those trying to raise funds for that loser Maurice Odumbe kindly stop that nonsense. When I saw him shamelessly shedding tears and begging for a '2nd chance' on #JKL the other day, I wasn't sure what to feel for him, but sympathy wasn't an option. At the height of his 'stardom' he had me thrown out of a disco club in Bangalore, India over a very stupid reason just to prove who between us was the star. The wiser, sober and more mature Steve Tikolo intervened and I was allowed back in. However, that is not why I think we shouldn't raise any funds for him.
1. He still denies he did not fix matches, which he did. An indication that his remorse is fake.
2. All his team mates from that history making team were earning far less than he was, but are doing really well
3. Henry Motego is not any less a national sports hero and does menial jobs at construction sites in Nairobi, but he hasn't gone crying on TV begging for charity.
If Odumbe needs my help, i'll be happy to pass him Motego's phone number so he can hook him up with a 'Mjengo' job.

2012 wrote:

Impunity wrote:

Alba wrote:
See below

I feel his case is different because he was conned due to his literacy levels. Others are philanderers!!!

There is a very thin line between the two. Most of the athletes go wayward due to that Big Man syndrome while others fall due to inferiority complex - they want to be at par with their village-mates whom they always thought were well off. Komen fall into the second category. Wanjiru is on the first category same as Bungei and Odumbe.
Financial literacy is elusive to many. Even those who have spend a good time in classes. It is like the different between being top of your class and street savvy. Most people graduate expecting people to shower accolades on them not knowing that the knowledge they have gained they should be able to use it in the real world to solve real issues.
Back to the sportsmen, once they have loads of cash they have no idea how to wisely invest in, they rely on they hangons and are fleeced left right and centre. Getting a glance of what people go through from posts here would at least open some eyes.
Lolest!
#129 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 12:55:23 PM

You're harsh Ssebo. So many people have been conned by family and friends. These guys are just more tempting!
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Museveni
#130 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 1:10:24 PM

Lolest! wrote:
You're harsh Ssebo. So many people have been conned by family and friends. These guys are just more tempting!

Being conned afew thousands is not the same as these cases where tens of millions just vanish.

To make matters worse those being conned mostly have no other skill apart from what propelled them to stardom.

A few posts here would have saved them alot of stress and anguish. Here they are anonymous. No one need to know how much you earn or just made.

Advise here is mostly not skewed and fairly honest.
murchr
#131 Posted : Wednesday, October 04, 2017 6:56:53 PM

the Star wrote:
The former star is currently staying in a three bedroom rental apartment in Highland Garden on Kileleshwa's Siaya Road with his "spanner boys". He has been spotted of late making several trips to a popular bar along Lang'ata Rd where he is always seen sipping on 18 year old whiskies in the company of ratchet football groupies. An annoymous source hints that the money for booze comes from his new 'gold business' which is not doing too bad.

However, as a parting shot, one of Oliech's 'hangers on' who did not want to be named, revealed to us that "the Menace" is broke and might soon become another Odumbe.

"Siku hizi Dess (as his "boys" refer to him) hana kakitu, kazi ni kuchana miraa na moguka pale Dago. Wale socialites walikuwa wanamdai sai hawaonekani. Cheki Facebook cover photo yake, hao ndo madem ahang out nayo". he concludes.

https://www.the-star.co....to-the-gutters_c1314949

Pray
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
masukuma
#132 Posted : Wednesday, October 04, 2017 7:05:20 PM

murchr wrote:
the Star wrote:
The former star is currently staying in a three bedroom rental apartment in Highland Garden on Kileleshwa's Siaya Road with his "spanner boys". He has been spotted of late making several trips to a popular bar along Lang'ata Rd where he is always seen sipping on 18 year old whiskies in the company of ratchet football groupies. An annoymous source hints that the money for booze comes from his new 'gold business' which is not doing too bad.

However, as a parting shot, one of Oliech's 'hangers on' who did not want to be named, revealed to us that "the Menace" is broke and might soon become another Odumbe.

"Siku hizi Dess (as his "boys" refer to him) hana kakitu, kazi ni kuchana miraa na moguka pale Dago. Wale socialites walikuwa wanamdai sai hawaonekani. Cheki Facebook cover photo yake, hao ndo madem ahang out nayo". he concludes.

https://www.the-star.co....to-the-gutters_c1314949

Pray

All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
alma1
#133 Posted : Wednesday, October 04, 2017 7:35:34 PM

Wivu na chuki
hazina dhamana

Yako imotoni

Shukuru kuwaona na kujifunza
Usidhanie, uko mbali sana nao

And please men who go around with muchene should always be avoided. Muache Dennis awe Dennis.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

FRM2011
#134 Posted : Thursday, October 05, 2017 7:02:11 PM

alma1 wrote:
Wivu na chuki
hazina dhamana

Yako imotoni

Shukuru kuwaona na kujifunza
Usidhanie, uko mbali sana nao

And please men who go around with muchene should always be avoided. Muache Dennis awe Dennis.

Thanks @alma.

This star newspaper is full of idiots. From the reporters to editors.

I am reading so much about Dennis from people who are pissed of by that star article.

Dude spent over Kes.20M to get his mum best cancer treatment money could buy. Even if he ever became broke, and he has not, that gesture alone would make him a hero to me.

He once paid flight tickets for entire Harambee stars team. I am also reading of a time when goalkeeper Origi broke his leg or something during a match and Oliech wore gloves and finished the rest of the match as the goalkeeper. He went ahead to pay the medical expenses for Origi.

He is the same guy who turned down an offer from Qatar to trade his nationality for their oil dollars.

To the idiots at the star including the owner.

You really are the scum of the earth. The lowest a human being can descend to while still alive. For starters, your story is false quoting some imaginary friends of Oliech. he is not broke and will not be.

And secondly, even if all his money were to disappear, he has achieved more than any of you will ever do. You can't measure a man's life using a useless number on a paper printed by a bank. Let me illustrate.

One of Nyeri county's most "successful" sons is former Tetu MP Hon.FT Nyammo. I campaigned for him in 2002. He was National Bank MD in the 60s. He handed over to Stanley Githunguri in 1973. He would later become Kenya Re's MD in the 70s.

FT Nyammo's is one of the owners of Finance house, he is founder of KSPS(Inorero university), Longhorn publishers and real estate across Nairobi including Runda Mae. His home in Karen sits on 20 acres. He is one of the few billionaires from Nyeri county.

Nyammo is a father of 4. 2 boys and 2 girls. Both sons passed on at their prime. The condition of the two daughters is too sad to share here.

So who wants to trade their lives with this successful billionaire from Nyeri ?