wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages123>»
Maurice Odumbe!
Ceinz
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 08, 2015 10:13:20 PM

Now on JKL. What??? you mean one can fall this low after such fame. Lord, I dont wonna be famous.
“small step for man”
Muheani
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 08, 2015 10:26:24 PM

Eiiish. Sad. Real sad. Definitely needs help.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 08, 2015 10:59:12 PM

Very disappointed by Odumbe.

A legend reduced to a bumbling idiot
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
washiku
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 08, 2015 11:00:11 PM

Angelica _ann
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 08, 2015 11:00:26 PM

Cricket world cup 96. Sad know your friends!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
mpobiz
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 08, 2015 11:05:59 PM

Its not morris who needs help. Its our government which needs help. Its shameful for a government to neglect its heroes.
I remember i was in high school when this guy played and his name plus the cricket team was always all over the daily news. At that time i got interested wih the game and its then i got to know some of the rules of the game.
After his team retired kenyan cricket kwisha kabisa..
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
murchr
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 08, 2015 11:15:08 PM

mpobiz wrote:
Its not morris who needs help. Its our government which needs help. Its shameful for a government to neglect its heroes.
I remember i was in high school when this guy played and his name plus the cricket team was always all over the daily news. At that time i got interested wih the game and its then i got to know some of the rules of the game.

After he was found to be guilty of match fixing, the team crumbled. There was no succession plan in place.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
propertyvaluer
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 08, 2015 11:38:12 PM

But he has learnt his lesson, am sure given a chance he will lead a better life. There is a guy from my home town, he started athletics at an early age of 16 and was the African Youth Champion 400 meters and 800 meters in 2004, and money started flowing in at that tender age. Upon hitting 18, he was employed by Kenya Police. He lived life of the fast lane and soon with age catching up drinking took a heavy toll on him, was fired. The guy now drinks 20 bob chang'aa back in the village and smokes the raw tobbaco coz he can't afford cigars!!! He has nothing else and is so depressed. Humility is priceless, wisdom pia ni muhimu sana
Alba
#9 Posted : Friday, January 09, 2015 12:13:14 AM

What happened to Odumbe? I am not able to watch
harrydre
#10 Posted : Friday, January 09, 2015 2:30:31 AM

Alba wrote:
What happened to Odumbe? I am not able to watch

Pray Pray Pray
i.am.back!!!!
Fullykenyan
#11 Posted : Friday, January 09, 2015 3:15:46 AM

I grew up admiring this guy. As a teenager all i wanted was to have odumbe's swagger. I am ready to donate something for his rent.
Tokyo
#12 Posted : Friday, January 09, 2015 3:43:40 AM

Individual responsibility. We should desist crying serikali saidia anytime we fail.
work to prosper
dunkang
#13 Posted : Friday, January 09, 2015 5:36:03 AM

mpobiz wrote:

In as much as i sympathize with Odumbe's plight, but, surely how is the GoK to blame?

Personal Responsibility is the answer. Nothing more, Nothing Less.
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

Alba
#14 Posted : Friday, January 09, 2015 6:35:58 AM

propertyvaluer wrote:
But he has learnt his lesson, am sure given a chance he will lead a better life. There is a guy from my home town, he started athletics at an early age of 16 and was the African Youth Champion 400 meters and 800 meters in 2004, and money started flowing in at that tender age. Upon hitting 18, he was employed by Kenya Police. He lived life of the fast lane and soon with age catching up drinking took a heavy toll on him, was fired. The guy now drinks 20 bob chang'aa back in the village and smokes the raw tobbaco coz he can't afford cigars!!! He has nothing else and is so depressed. Humility is priceless, wisdom pia ni muhimu sana

If a player starts making good money at 16, most will waste it unless they have good people around them. Abroad, NBA players often broke. In fact 60% of former NBA players are broke. Consider the case of Antoine Walker who made US $100 million and is now flat broke.
kysse
#15 Posted : Friday, January 09, 2015 7:45:23 AM

I don't get it , I refuse to.
Lets spare the goverment dramas of how we choose to live our lives or spend.That's the work of financial institutions.
You are given a platform to make it big and when you do hushikiki.You live and dine like a king forgeting that you are mortal.
When fortunes begin to dwindle,you continue living the same lifestyle just to maintain the status quo.

Halafu you come back blaming the goverment? ai were you partying with goverment? did they steal your money?

I see disabled people waking up early to go make a living under harsh conditions and bring home a few monies because they refuse to live on handouts.
Sasa you want us to fundraise for a well abled guy.?
This is how we abuse people's generousity.
Rob please find a worthy cause to fundraise for.
kysse
#16 Posted : Friday, January 09, 2015 7:52:03 AM

I don't get it.
Lets spare the goverment dramas of how we choose to live our lives or spend.That's the work of financial institutions.
You are given a platform to make it big and when you do hushikiki.You live and dine like a king forgeting that you are mortal.
When fortunes begin to dwindle,you continue living the same lifestyle just to maintain a fake status quo.

Halafu you come back blaming the goverment? ai were you partying with goverment? did they steal your money?

I see disabled people waking up early to go make a living under harsh conditions and bring home a few monies because they refuse to live on handouts.
Sasa you want us to fundraise for odumbe? Can he sell maize? is he humble to brush shoes?
Kratos
#17 Posted : Friday, January 09, 2015 8:20:17 AM

kysse wrote:
I don't get it.
When fortunes begin to dwindle,you continue living the same lifestyle just to maintain a fake status quo.

Sasa you want us to fundraise for odumbe? Can he sell maize? is he humble to brush shoes?

Applause Applause Applause

“People will believe a big lie sooner than a little one, and if you repeat it frequently enough, people will sooner or later believe it.” ― Walter C. Langer
kaka2za
#18 Posted : Friday, January 09, 2015 8:25:03 AM

@kysse I agree 100%. It is one thing to sympathize with amatuer sportsmen but not proffesionals who are paid handsomely.
We all contribute to our nation in a small way but each must take responsibility for his/her life.
Hii mambo ya serikali saidia must be banished to Siberia.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
maka
#19 Posted : Friday, January 09, 2015 8:25:29 AM

Shida za kujitakia...
possunt quia posse videntur
Ceinz
#20 Posted : Friday, January 09, 2015 9:04:31 AM

mpobiz wrote:

I know the government neglects its role like say for instance taking care of street kids but in this one I differ. This is purely a case of ignorance and lack of financial discipline, fyi even the the guy admitted this in JKL. His was a life of parting and generosity. Indeed choices do got consequences.
“small step for man”