wazua Wed, May 1, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
PSCU
alma
#21 Posted : Sunday, December 21, 2014 7:27:56 PM

thuks wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Hata kama lusungu ilikuja na meli,this is just so embarrassing.Someone might think the statement was written by Idi Amin Dada
Quote:
The US state department statement on the security law President Uhuru Kenyatta signed into law yesterday is a clear indication that the agency decided to go with the view of the noisemakers rather than the Security (Amendment Act) itself. First, our law is better than the American patriot and homeland security acts that give rogue powers to security agencies. In the US, fbi and intelligence officers have a carte blanche in the fight against terrorism and biological warfare. But our law has provided checks by courts of law. What is more, Kenya has no Guantanamo Bay!
Our law doesn’t curtail the freedom of assembly and the state department should read the law as passed, and not what go by what its associates want them to believe.
On refugees, our law sets a limit of 150,000 refugees. That is the decision Kenya has made and it is final. Kenya has played and will continue to play its role in providing a roof for those who run away from conflict.
The statement questions a decision by a government department that deregistered rogue NGOs and put on notice those that flout the law. NGOs aren’t above the law and they must answer to the authorities. Isn’t it peculiar that a foreign government appears sympathetic to organisations that think the law is an irritating irrelevance? But Kenya cannot look the other way when the law is as clear as day and night. The law is good for Kenya and kenyans. It will help Kenya in the same way the patriot act and the homeland security act have helped Americans. Munyori buku senior director of public
communication at state house

UnderStood

At least they are not using Kahawa Tungu as the SI Unit of grammar in a press release. They are using drunkards on wazua instead.

I'm more worried by the fact that they see the need to issue press statements on each and every press statement that's made in this world.

At this rate I'm expecting a press statement on how atheists and gays are taking over Christmas.

They also forget that just last week, they were saying that the "deleted" proposals were modeled on the US Patriot Act.

"Even Americans have tough anti-terror laws and they are not a front-line state like us"

They also forget that just last week they were tweeering and wazuaring on how the same foreign powers were supportive of the new law.

You can't eat your cake and have it too.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.