Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

35 Pages«<2526272829>»
Co-operative Bank fate.. discuss
enyands
#521 Posted : Monday, August 08, 2016 11:46:08 PM

sparkly wrote:
enyands wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
[quote=obiero]Reports emerge that Coop owes the government over KES 200,000,000 and has consistently not honored its repayment over the years.. Bad news http://www.businessdaily...35530-5li154/index.html[/quote]
Sad Yet another mid havoc wrecking story.d'oh!
What did Coop get from the govt or insurance after the 1998 Bombing of US embassy that affected its building? Was this the money they never got from Insurance may be paid through the CBK?
Why has the Govt been quiet yet it is doing good business with Co-op Bank?
We need Muriuki and Muchiri here to set records straight!!!Sad

I think I and Ericsson are the only people who are have a thirst for fresh blood in this bank. There is so much underneath the carpet

Are you a shareholder?

Big time daddy.you asked me the same question if I would have bought kengen if it went down to 3 bob and I told I'm not a shareholder and will if it drops.so why ask the same question ?Laughing out loudly
sparkly
#522 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 6:23:09 AM

enyands wrote:
sparkly wrote:
enyands wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
[quote=obiero]Reports emerge that Coop owes the government over KES 200,000,000 and has consistently not honored its repayment over the years.. Bad news http://www.businessdaily...35530-5li154/index.html[/quote]
What did Coop get from the govt or insurance after the 1998 Bombing of US embassy that affected its building? Was this the money they never got from Insurance may be paid through the CBK?

I think I and Ericsson are the only people who are have a thirst for fresh blood in this bank. There is so much underneath the carpet

Are you a shareholder?

Big time daddy.you asked me the same question if I would have bought kengen if it went down to 3 bob and I told I'm not a shareholder and will if it drops.so why ask the same question ?Laughing out loudly

There are ways and means of replacing Directors as a shareholder. Have a look at the companies Act as well as Articles of the company.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Angelica _ann
#523 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 7:23:00 AM

sparkly wrote:
enyands wrote:
sparkly wrote:
enyands wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

Are you a shareholder?

There are ways and means of replacing Directors as a shareholder. Have a look at the companies Act as well as Articles of the company.

Very naive comment under the circumstances Sad
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
sparkly
#524 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 7:44:49 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
enyands wrote:
sparkly wrote:
enyands wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

Are you a shareholder?

Explain yourself dear @AA.
Ericsson
#525 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 8:34:25 AM

13 Bob per share here we come.
If drastic changes are not done 12 Bob next
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
enyands
#526 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 8:56:29 AM

Ericsson wrote:

Back to 9 soonest
Othelo
#527 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 9:02:47 AM

enyands wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Back to 9 soonest

There are no new income streams and ideas. Growth of profit is through cost cutting. Tough/hard times ahead. MD also behaves like a King, nowadays. There is no help in sight cc. Naikuni days at KQ.
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
obiero
#528 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 9:48:42 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
enyands wrote:
sparkly wrote:
enyands wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

Are you a shareholder?

Extremely naive

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
MaichBlack
#529 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 11:55:22 AM

obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
enyands wrote:
sparkly wrote:
enyands wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

Are you a shareholder?

Extremely naive

@Obiero and @Angelica_ann - Don't be so hard on fellows who are not shareholders of any company. Some people are here just to theorize and tell us how prices are going to crash without support evidence/supporting information/data etc, how they will buy Safaricom at 10/= and KK at 8/= next month bla bla bla.

Some times you just let them be.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
obiero
#530 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 12:16:42 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
enyands wrote:
sparkly wrote:
enyands wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

Are you a shareholder?

Extremely naive

@Obiero and @Angelica_ann - Don't be so hard on fellows who are not shareholders of any company. Some people are here just to theorize and tell us how prices are going to crash without support evidence/supporting information/data etc, how they will buy Safaricom at 10/= and KK at 8/= next month bla bla bla.

OK elder

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
sparkly
#531 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 3:10:07 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
enyands wrote:
sparkly wrote:
enyands wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

Are you a shareholder?

Extremely naive

Still waiting for an explanation why my statement above is naive
enyands
#532 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 4:49:32 PM

sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
enyands wrote:
sparkly wrote:
enyands wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

Are you a shareholder?

Extremely naive

Still waiting for an explanation why my statement above is naive

@sparkly naivety and price crash theory is directed to me I think you are right about changing leadership through Articles of a company and all but sometimes it's hard when a majority shareholder after coop movement is the CEO and chairman.. all you do is "uwezi pishana na ndovu msalani" .somethings ain't practical. Once you are simple minority ,you remain that way -ask ogiek community Laughing out loudly

The time when coop will think of newer ways of enhancing growth and stop only style of recycling ideas- mainly cost cuttings as a tool for growth ,is when Mr market will appreciate this shares .

I have a substantial volume in coop and it hurts when it drops even if I'm for the drop ,but I ask myself bad things have to happen to let good things in.New ideas are badly needed.

Opus came up with a theory of Changing MD AFTER a certain term,actually im for it EXCEPT some special leaders like JM-EQUITY and few others. But I don't know how you can make exceptions to favor selective performers and get rid of others is the question.
Othelo
#533 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 5:27:04 PM

Coop movement is still managed through delegates systems and people vote the way they are swayed (read by the Chairman + team who are influenced by the MD). their votes carry more weight since they represent sacco movement who have more shares than and their class (I think A and plus B?????) has more weight in decisions making where votes are concern. You should attend one or any of the AGMs. So throwing at 'us' how to remove MD and Chair/Board at Coop Bank showed that you don't understand how this specific 'company' operates. Of course the Sacco delegates are always hosted for a day before the AGM at Coop Staff Training College in Karen ..... you know the outcome of such a meeting - sycophancy at its level best emerge during the main AGM as position have been taken prior to defend people's interests - which people you may ask - Chair/Board/MD.
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
enyands
#534 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 5:51:34 PM

Othelo wrote:
Coop movement is still managed through delegates systems and people vote the way they are swayed (read by the Chairman + team who are influenced by the MD). their votes carry more weight since they represent sacco movement who have more shares than and their class (I think A and plus B?????) has more weight in decisions making where votes are concern. You should attend one or any of the AGMs. So throwing at 'us' how to remove MD and Chair/Board at Coop Bank showed that you don't understand how this specific 'company' operates. Of course the Sacco delegates are always hosted for a day before the AGM at Coop Staff Training College in Karen ..... you know the outcome of such a meeting - sycophancy at its level best emerge during the main AGM as position have been taken prior to defend people's interests - which people you may ask - Chair/Board/MD.

Applause Applause you have to be one of them to know them.Applause you said it all . especially that college has alot to tell.When these delegates came out of that Karen place they are all hypnotized,don't know what role the full moon plays in hypnosis .....
sparkly
#535 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 6:26:10 PM

Othelo wrote:

This is what said "There are ways and means of replacing Directors as a shareholder. Have a look at the companies Act as well as Articles of the company."

Now if you can answer these specific questions

1. Can the directors be replaced by anyone else other than the shareholders?
2. Is there any other Act of parliament under which the directors of Co-op Bank can be replaced other than the Companies Act?
3. The classes of shares, delegates system of voting and weighting in decision making - Are these regulations contained in the Articles of Association of Co-op Bank or is there another document involved?

To avoid unnecessary arguments I was urging @enyands to read what the Act and Articles of the company say about the appointment of managers and make his own conclusions on how fresh blood can be infused at the bank.
luxel
#536 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 8:50:38 PM

I wonder what people have against coop?
Just because they mentioned cost cutting it doesn't mean that is the only strategy. Their loan book has been growing.
The current leadership has grown the bank from nothing to no.2 in market share! What are you fixing? Succession will happen and you will still be complaining as they become no.1.
If you love the management of NBK, dispose coop and buy NBK.
Unless of course you have no shares and your are just yapping.
Angelica _ann
#537 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 9:11:16 PM

luxel wrote:
Just because they mentioned cost cutting it doesn't mean that is the only strategy. Their loan book has been growing.
The current leadership has grown the bank from nothing to no.2 in market share! What are you fixing? Succession will happen and you will still be complaining as they become no.1.

Left Coop at 20.25 for I&M bank at 110, let us compare notes in 2 years time
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
enyands
#538 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 11:15:36 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
luxel wrote:

Left Coop at 20.25 for I&M bank at 110, let us compare notes in 2 years time

I wish I heed to hisa's advise last year so I would have done the same as you.anyway we will go down with it and hope it will rise again after a miracle happens...
Realtreaty
#539 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 8:38:41 PM

President Uhuru as a Banker himself will not be much swayed by hysteria to punish banks heavily by cutting a 400 point basis but will throw back the bill to Parliamentary committee to check more on proper regulation that is workable.
Kenya should never focus on General Elections to make decisions. They should focus on what is good for all.
With the Liberalized banking systems and competition, regulations should never come as fixed notes. Its not all Kenyans are seeking Loans and so not all banks should be forced to charge the same as each is free to look for market it want to serve.
Regulation should Never be fixed. Banks like any other business are in business.
Or Should we regulate Vegetable prices?
enyands
#540 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 11:36:31 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
President Uhuru as a Banker himself will not be much swayed by hysteria to punish banks heavily by cutting a 400 point basis but will throw back the bill to Parliamentary committee to check more on proper regulation that is workable.
Kenya should never focus on General Elections to make decisions. They should focus on what is good for all.

With the Liberalized banking systems and competition, regulations should never come as fixed notes. Its not all Kenyans are seeking Loans and so not all banks should be forced to charge the same as each is free to look for market it want to serve.
Regulation should Never be fixed. Banks like any other business are in business.
Or Should we regulate Vegetable prices?

Realtreaty this is outright plagiarism on me. I'm going to sue you Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly anyway we share the same views