Co-operative Bank fate.. discuss
Aguytrying
#501 Posted : Thursday, August 04, 2016 6:47:26 PM

obiero wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Seriously what spooked the COOP share.. This is madness

You. It appears you have bad blood/omen following you just like someone who when he supports a side, that side loses kama Harambee stars. Now @Obiero if we had wazua ipsos rating am sure you'd be ranked lowest and loosing publicity/liking fastest. Having misled the upcoming investors into the compost KQ covered with perfume. Now coop too. It's high time you went under, refresh and be reborn. Come back when you're sobber that you distinguish emotions and investments. Your sells were good but your buys?????? KQ PPT...is Co-op hiring you again?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly compost covered KQ.
I once said the reason coop shares never fly is coz they have too many shares. It's a good bank, but serious growth is needed to exorcise the demons above 30. This is a good time to buy now that share price is beaten down. Kcb, nic have also dropped sharply remember and they are decent banks too.

Now if COOP is accused of having many shares what about SCOM. Kuna watu hunishangaza sana hapa wazua Laughing out loudly

Exactly. remember how long safaricom laboured below 5 bob because of those many shares, share consolidation was the hot topic then.
How did they exorcise the sub 10 demon? Consistent growth and becoming a super brand. now baffling everyone. the former being my recommended remedy for coop. Even Cic has too many shares. When a company is still growing its better to have fewer shares then the impact can be felt. too many shares coupled with a slight overvaluation historically equals price stagnation in future. my 2 cents.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Ebenyo
#502 Posted : Thursday, August 04, 2016 7:56:09 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
@Ebenyo. As long as you hold good counters, watch over them to ensure they are solid and not overpay for them. You will be rich!!

I bought kk over the last 3 years below 9.00 and look at me now. Dont be fooled by this is an election year or this is a bear market. Just look at the valuation and pull the trigger. I'm currently buying Dtb below 170. Equity below 37.00, pan Africa below 37, and FTGH below 5.55. Check my bear wishlist thread. Those are my holdings / planned holdings. Im Also a long termer, speculation is not for me. I don't believe in selling unless an underlying detrimental problem with the company or sector emerges.

I have a twin Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Right on. I saw the light

Im seeing four.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
enyands
#503 Posted : Thursday, August 04, 2016 8:20:20 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
@Ebenyo. As long as you hold good counters, watch over them to ensure they are solid and not overpay for them. You will be rich!!

I bought kk over the last 3 years below 9.00 and look at me now. Dont be fooled by this is an election year or this is a bear market. Just look at the valuation and pull the trigger. I'm currently buying Dtb below 170. Equity below 37.00, pan Africa below 37, and FTGH below 5.55. Check my bear wishlist thread. Those are my holdings / planned holdings. Im Also a long termer, speculation is not for me. I don't believe in selling unless an underlying detrimental problem with the company or sector emerges.

I have a twin Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Right on. I saw the light

Aguy and vvs you guys have always been together in everything and have never seen any difference in opinion .so the twin word just proved it
obiero
#504 Posted : Thursday, August 04, 2016 8:43:31 PM

@aguy=@vvs, @qw=@spikes, @obiero=@lucius

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Aguytrying
#505 Posted : Thursday, August 04, 2016 8:46:49 PM

obiero wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Ebenyo
#506 Posted : Thursday, August 04, 2016 9:38:01 PM

Aguytrying wrote:

Thanks brother for encouragement.
Im still creating my ideal portfolio.
Diversity is what im struggling to attain.I was so much into financials and i have tried to move to other counters while shading off some financials.
I will go through your holdings.I will ask many questions and pliz be ready to offer good explanations.

Towards the goal of financial freedom
Realtreaty
#507 Posted : Thursday, August 04, 2016 10:20:08 PM

......and a 25 cents won't be bad for interim. This will corner any bad talk!!!
obiero
#508 Posted : Thursday, August 04, 2016 10:29:41 PM

Realtreaty wrote:

Say that once again for emphasis..

Aguytrying
#509 Posted : Thursday, August 04, 2016 11:20:10 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Thanks brother for encouragement.
Im still creating my ideal portfolio.
Diversity is what im struggling to attain.I was so much into financials and i have tried to move to other counters while shading off some financials.
I will go through your holdings.I will ask many questions and pliz be ready to offer good explanations.

No problem I'll answer what I can. You can also learn alot from @cnn @sparkly they are seasoned long termers too.
enyands
#510 Posted : Thursday, August 04, 2016 11:38:25 PM

obiero wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Realtreaty
#511 Posted : Friday, August 05, 2016 6:09:57 PM

obiero wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

Pray Pray
That is on the higher side a 25 cents and a 15 cents Lower side giving us a weighted average of 20 Cents direct
obiero
#512 Posted : Friday, August 05, 2016 6:12:45 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
obiero wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

Pray Pray
That is on the higher side a 25 cents and a 15 cents Lower side giving us a weighted average of 20 Cents direct

Hayo maombi na yamfikie Mola

Ericsson
#513 Posted : Friday, August 05, 2016 6:38:53 PM

The MD/CEO needs to handover to a person with fresh ideas.
That will bring in confidence
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Realtreaty
#514 Posted : Saturday, August 06, 2016 7:19:56 PM

Ericsson wrote:

Sad Sad
What fresh Ideas? Can you mention at least 1(one) that you think Muriuki and Muchiri are missing.
I tend to think these two land Lords are at the top that even Millennials won't reach.
He has coped very well after Mwalimu SACCO went out after buying own Bank from Merali (Equitorial Bank)
Half year '16 results will tell a lot this time.
aemathenge
#515 Posted : Monday, August 08, 2016 5:09:05 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Sad Sad
What fresh Ideas? Can you mention at least 1(one) that you think Muriuki and Muchiri are missing.
I tend to think these two land Lords are at the top that even Millennials won't reach.
He has coped very well after Mwalimu SACCO went out after buying own Bank from Merali (Equitorial Bank)

What Africa’s Banking Industry (Coop?) Needs to Do to Survive

" Across Africa, banking is being redesigned.

Technology has emerged as a competitive weapon in driving operational excellence and superior service quality.

While the banks compete among themselves, they face existential threats from amalgam of entities, not necessarily possessing bank licenses.

For example, from telecommunication companies to fintech entrepreneurs, African banking fees and commissions are under tremendous pressure.

M-PESA offers services that are dislocating the banking architecture of Kenya, and not even global banking giants have been spared.

African banks, unlike their international counterparts, are more susceptible to disruptions largely because the newer alternatives are always preferable, owing to infrastructural challenges.

Anyone will prefer internet banking to avoid dreaded Nairobi traffic, just as millions of Africans leapfrogged owing computers to buying smartphones.

There is no requirement that non-banked Africans (Kenyans) will first get bank accounts before adopting digital wallets as ecosystems converge making it possible for people to buy and sell without a bank.

African banks must reinvent themselves to be part of the new banking sector".

Link: What Africa's Banking Industry Needs To Survive

obiero
#516 Posted : Monday, August 08, 2016 5:22:18 PM

Reports emerge that Coop owes the government over KES 200,000,000 and has consistently not honored its repayment over the years.. Bad news http://www.businessdaily...335530-5li154/index.html

Realtreaty
#517 Posted : Monday, August 08, 2016 7:27:21 PM

aemathenge wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Sad Sad

What Africa’s Banking Industry (Coop?) Needs to Do to Survive

" Across Africa, banking is being redesigned.

Technology has emerged as a competitive weapon in driving operational excellence and superior service quality.

While the banks compete among themselves, they face existential threats from amalgam of entities, not necessarily possessing bank licenses.

For example, from telecommunication companies to fintech entrepreneurs, African banking fees and commissions are under tremendous pressure.

M-PESA offers services that are dislocating the banking architecture of Kenya, and not even global banking giants have been spared.

African banks, unlike their international counterparts, are more susceptible to disruptions largely because the newer alternatives are always preferable, owing to infrastructural challenges.

Anyone will prefer internet banking to avoid dreaded Nairobi traffic, just as millions of Africans leapfrogged owing computers to buying smartphones.

There is no requirement that non-banked Africans (Kenyans) will first get bank accounts before adopting digital wallets as ecosystems converge making it possible for people to buy and sell without a bank.

African banks must reinvent themselves to be part of the new banking sector".

Link: What Africa's Banking Industry Needs To Survive

Applause Applause
Congrats, those are points home!!!!!
You scored a distinction in that simple discussion.Angel
Realtreaty
#518 Posted : Monday, August 08, 2016 7:36:41 PM

[quote=obiero]Reports emerge that Coop owes the government over KES 200,000,000 and has consistently not honored its repayment over the years.. Bad news http://www.businessdaily...35530-5li154/index.html[/quote]
Sad Yet another mid havoc wrecking story.d'oh!
What did Coop get from the govt or insurance after the 1998 Bombing of US embassy that affected its building? Was this the money they never got from Insurance may be paid through the CBK?
Why has the Govt been quiet yet it is doing good business with Co-op Bank?
We need Muriuki and Muchiri here to set records straight!!!Sad
enyands
#519 Posted : Monday, August 08, 2016 9:12:43 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
[quote=obiero]Reports emerge that Coop owes the government over KES 200,000,000 and has consistently not honored its repayment over the years.. Bad news http://www.businessdaily...35530-5li154/index.html[/quote]
What did Coop get from the govt or insurance after the 1998 Bombing of US embassy that affected its building? Was this the money they never got from Insurance may be paid through the CBK?

I think I and Ericsson are the only people who are have a thirst for fresh blood in this bank. There is so much underneath the carpet
sparkly
#520 Posted : Monday, August 08, 2016 9:57:51 PM

enyands wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

I think I and Ericsson are the only people who are have a thirst for fresh blood in this bank. There is so much underneath the carpet

Are you a shareholder?
Life is short. Live passionately.