wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

26 Pages«<2223242526>
Ali Hassan Joho
Shak
#461 Posted : Friday, July 07, 2017 3:08:57 PM

QUOTE FROM DP RUTO:

“Your governor claims that the Jubilee government wants to relocate the port of Mombasa to Naivasha. I want to ask you, how possible is it to transfer a port to a place that does not even have water? This is as a result of someone with little education. I am asking Governor Joho to go back to school because education is now free,” said Mr Ruto.

Woi! Mberow the mbelt!
Angelica _ann
#462 Posted : Friday, July 07, 2017 3:14:34 PM

Shak wrote:
QUOTE FROM DP RUTO:

“Your governor claims that the Jubilee government wants to relocate the port of Mombasa to Naivasha. I want to ask you, how possible is it to transfer a port to a place that does not even have water? This is as a result of someone with little education. I am asking Governor Joho to go back to school because education is now free,” said Mr Ruto.

Woi! Mberow the mbelt!

(un)fortunately, the people he is addressing also need the free education more than their Governor. Of course Joho will turn this round and say DPORK is laughing at those who are poor and didnt go to school ..... na wako wengi Mombasani smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
harrydre
#463 Posted : Friday, July 07, 2017 4:57:12 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Shak wrote:
QUOTE FROM DP RUTO:

Woi! Mberow the mbelt!

(un)fortunately, the people he is addressing also need the free education more than their Governor. Of course Joho will turn this round and say DPORK is laughing at those who are poor and didnt go to school ..... na wako wengi Mombasani smile smile smile

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

@Angelica Alai, you have indeed transformed!

i.am.back!!!!
Obi 1 Kanobi
#464 Posted : Friday, July 07, 2017 5:26:27 PM

Shak wrote:
QUOTE FROM DP RUTO:

Woi! Mberow the mbelt!

May be Ruto is the one who needs to go back to school. Dry port anyone? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_port
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Bigchick
#465 Posted : Friday, July 07, 2017 7:16:53 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Shak wrote:
QUOTE FROM DP RUTO:

Woi! Mberow the mbelt!

May be Ruto is the one who needs to go back to school. Dry port anyone? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_port

Am sure you know/understand what he meant.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
mkenyan
#466 Posted : Saturday, July 08, 2017 9:59:39 AM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Shak wrote:
QUOTE FROM DP RUTO:

Woi! Mberow the mbelt!

ruto's statement seem to have worked. given how even shak actually bought into it. oh dear. Sad Sad
essyk
#467 Posted : Saturday, July 08, 2017 6:03:44 PM

uuhm... fyi.We have DRY PORTS.

NBO ICD is an inland dry port
In Ethiopia there's one called Modjo- Entry Djibouti port.And many more.

What 001 fears is the shifting of Container freight stations to other regions

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
thuks
#468 Posted : Sunday, July 09, 2017 4:20:20 PM

essyk wrote:

Please 'educate' 'us'; truly yours included
I care!
murchr
#469 Posted : Sunday, July 09, 2017 4:46:09 PM

thuks wrote:
essyk wrote:

001 owns CFS so with the train shipping stuff interior so fast, business is moving away
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
essyk
#470 Posted : Sunday, July 09, 2017 5:54:14 PM

murchr wrote:
thuks wrote:
essyk wrote:

001 owns CFS so with the train shipping stuff interior so fast, business is moving away

Yep.

Mombasa-based container freight stations (CFS) operators plan to move part of their operations to Nairobi as fast trains prepare to start hauling cargo in December.
Through their national trade lobby, the Container Freight Stations Association (CFSA), the customs-bonded storage facilities are looking for land within six-kilometres of the Nairobi Inland Container Depot (ICD).
The ICD is currently under expansion to hold 450,000 twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs) annually, up from the current 180,000 TEUs.
Source: Business Daily

If my client is inland based ,what's the point of consigning his cargo to a CFS based in Mombasa ?
I will be able to monitor it closely.
This expansion is aimed at improving logistics in the region,no sober minded Kenyan should oppose it.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
thuks
#471 Posted : Sunday, July 09, 2017 6:24:24 PM

essyk wrote:
murchr wrote:
thuks wrote:
essyk wrote:

Yep.

Mombasa-based container freight stations (CFS) operators plan to move part of their operations to Nairobi as fast trains prepare to start hauling cargo in December.
Through their national trade lobby, the Container Freight Stations Association (CFSA), the customs-bonded storage facilities are looking for land within six-kilometres of the Nairobi Inland Container Depot (ICD).
The ICD is currently under expansion to hold 450,000 twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs) annually, up from the current 180,000 TEUs.
Source: Business Daily

If my client is inland based ,what's the point of consigning his cargo to a CFS based in Mombasa ?
I will be able to monitor it closely.
This expansion is aimed at improving logistics in the region,no sober minded Kenyan should oppose it.

"Why I visit wazua'
If I didn't know this and have imported at least something, seize 'wanjiku?'
I care!
thuks
#472 Posted : Sunday, July 09, 2017 6:26:13 PM

murchr wrote:
thuks wrote:
essyk wrote:

I would seize this as an opportunity to expand, but no 001?
I care!
essyk
#473 Posted : Sunday, July 09, 2017 9:29:49 PM

thuks wrote:
murchr wrote:
thuks wrote:
essyk wrote:

I would seize this as an opportunity to expand, but no 001?

Revenue collections.

When local cargo (kenya) arrives at Mombasa port then owner has 4 day to clear it from Port before storage starts.
CFS were built to ease congestion at port so containers that haven't been nominated to any particular CFS by their owners are moved to a CFS of choice by KPA .
You will have to pay that particular CFS charges.

Now imagine being a cfs owner with influence.
murchr
#474 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:11:23 PM

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Njung'e
#475 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:47:24 PM

murchr wrote:

If he had used SGR, maybe he would not have been caught. Idiot!smile
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Angelica _ann
#476 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 5:53:20 PM

Njung'e wrote:
murchr wrote:

If he had used SGR, maybe he would not have been caught. Idiot!smile

But that police officer d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
washiku
#477 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 4:11:14 PM

murchr
#478 Posted : Wednesday, August 02, 2017 4:49:46 PM

KulaRaha
#479 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 7:49:50 AM

What a beating he gave Shahbal...as expected!
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
wazuaguest
#480 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 9:07:22 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
What a beating he gave Shahbal...as expected!

Not really,Hassan Omar
Africa belongs to Africans.