wazua Tue, May 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

26 Pages«<1617181920>»
Ali Hassan Joho
tnai9
#341 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 8:46:13 AM

Thitifini wrote:
hardwood wrote:
My high school certificate is full of As. And my undergraduate and post graduate transcripts from the UoN are also full of As. So I will not waste any more time here discussing some seriously weak rogue and fraudulent D- student from some little known, backwater, village school called Serani harambee secondary school. He is not my equal, or worth even a mention or my time, since he never went to Alliance like me. There are some things money can never buy....like my pride and academic achievements.

@hardwood, don't dismiss a person on his 8-4-4 grades. If you engage some they have wisdom greater that that of Professors.

My parents never stepped in any formal classroom but their guidance got me where I am. I have a form-6 dropout friend whose wisdom is gold.

If 001 faked papers, that is a crime, but what I say is this, listening to the guy talk, he comes off as a person with above average intelligence and you cannot just dismiss him. I will not judge him solely based on the D-. And I got an A myself. The notion i want to dispute here is because of he got a D- then he cant do anything. It just confirms the theory of street-smart vs book smart. There are guys I used to teach Maths and Physics our days and the guys managed Cs. I meet some of them, some who have never set foot inside of a university lecture hall, and what they have achieved I can only dream of. And they introduce me to their friends as 'our marking scheme those days' and the friends look and me and wonder why I don't have a 'V10' now that my 'foolish' classmate has a V8.

I don't know how he has made his money but I believe part of it is genuine money. How many of us can even address a crowd like he does? How many? Those who are admonishing him, go to your ushago and vie to be an MCA, then report to us after August 8th how you fared.

I respect the guy, especially that he got a D- and he has been able to get where he is.

You can continue yapping here how he did whatever, but he has sorted his family plus his extended family. Many are comfortable. What have we done ourselves to change the communities we come from? Just start with your extended family. There are paupers among them. And You come here to admonish a Governor as though you have achieved so much.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ― Charles Bukowski
#342 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 9:28:06 AM

tnai9 wrote:
Thitifini wrote:
[quote=hardwood]My high school certificate is full of As. And my undergraduate and post graduate transcripts from the UoN are also full of As. So I will not waste any more time here discussing some seriously weak rogue and fraudulent D- student from some little known, backwater, village school called Serani harambee secondary school. He is not my equal, or worth even a mention or my time, since he never went to Alliance like me. There are some things money can never buy....like my pride and academic achievements.

I respect the guy, especially that he got a D- and he has been able to get where he is.

How do you know that the D- cert is not forged?
If I was to forge the certificate I would not not give myself an A or B, that would raise suspicion.
The Examination council has dismissed the D- cert as a fake. This guy is trying to be smart. I don't think Jubilee wants to take the 001 seat, It's not a Jub zone, they just want the out!

BBI will solve it
:)
tnai9
#343 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 9:44:33 AM

2012 wrote:

If I was to forge the certificate I would not not give myself an A or B, that would raise suspicion.
The Examination council has dismissed the D- cert as a fake. This guy is trying to be smart. I don't think Jubilee wants to take the 001 seat, It's not a Jub zone, they just want the out!

The fuss here is about how the guy is a failure. I don't want to go into the details of which one is fake and which one isn't. He said he got a D- and that is what i was referencing. My point is failing an exam is not synonymous with failing in life. I really would like to know the impact the A guys here have had on their communities compared to this 001 guy!
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ― Charles Bukowski
Njung'e
#344 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 9:46:05 AM

tnai9 wrote:
[quote=Thitifini][quote=hardwood]

You can continue yapping here how he did whatever, but he has sorted his family plus his extended family. Many are comfortable. What have we done ourselves to change the communities we come from? Just start with your extended family. There are paupers among them. And You come here to admonish a Governor as though you have achieved so much.

Joho is peddling a lot of lies and bull crap. In the early 90s,when he claims he was selling mangoes to pay fee, his brother was already an established smuggler (smuggling stuff between Zanzibar,TZ and Kenya) and a millionaire by his own right. Joho owes his wealth to the little known but very astute elder brother and so, if you removed the brother, Joho's quicksand empire would collapse without further delay. On another note, does amassing money vide smuggling and bootlegging amount to success?
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
mburuke
#345 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 9:58:53 AM

Surely are saying getting a good grade in our school id of no significant! yet we are spending so much taking our kids to the best school. If u beleif johos D- is okay the dont take ur kid to school and let him or her get an E.its time we stopped belittling good performance as long as its earned.
One's first step in wisdom is to question everything - and one's last is to come to terms with everything
tnai9
#346 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 10:04:21 AM

Njung'e wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
[quote=Thitifini][quote=hardwood]

Joho is peddling a lot of lies and bull crap. In 1992,when he claims he was selling mangoes to pay fee, his brother was already an established smuggler (smuggling stuff between Zanzibar,TZ and Kenya) and a millionaire by his own right. Joho owes his wealth to the little known but very astute elder brother. On another note, if smuggling and bootlegging equals to success, i want none of that!

Some wazuans may think success is what you have achieved and how comfortable your immediate family is. You may be staying in runda, nyali etc and drive a 4X4 and are able to afford exotic holidays etc. But you have not had any impact beyond wazua/your village/neighborhood. As long as there is that pauper whose life needs to be touched(and you don't need to go far, start with your extended family, there is one), you have not succeeded.

So shouting here how someone is useless, and you have achieved nothing beyond your house, yet he is a governor(amidst all)is incomprehensible
#347 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 10:22:27 AM

tnai9 wrote:
2012 wrote:

The fuss here is about how the guy is a failure. I don't want to go into the details of which one is fake and which one isn't. He said he got a D- and that is what i was referencing. My point is failing an exam is not synonymous with failing in life. I really would like to know the impact the A guys here have had on their communities compared to this 001 guy!

I get you, and I'm telling you that this guy is a story teller (costerian style) and he's come up with a believable story and the D- doesn't make him credible or earn him my sympathy votes either. The reason he didn't give himself an E is because very few students get Es and he would be easily flashed our while Ds are highly concentrated.
Very many people in his trade have low or no education at all so don't fall for the mashy stories.
That said, his English is very impressive.

BBI will solve it
:)
hardwood
#348 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 10:30:33 AM

tnai9 wrote:
Njung'e wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
[quote=Thitifini]

And You come here to admonish a Governor as though you have achieved so much.

So shouting here how someone is useless, and you have achieved nothing beyond your house, yet he is a governor(amidst all)is incomprehensible

If success is forging papers, smuggling goods through some "family owned" container depots thus making wanjiko and the economy suffer, selling mihadarati messing the lives of the youth, having your mihadarati ships blown up, then wacha hiyo success ikae. Surely a thugs life, a criminal life, can't be the yardstick for success.
hardwood
#349 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 10:40:34 AM

The guy is an impostor, a fraud, and all his life is built on lies. He should join his partner-in-crime Waiganjo in kamiti.
tnai9
#350 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 10:45:01 AM

hardwood wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
Njung'e wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
[quote=Thitifini]

If success is forging papers, smuggling goods through some "family owned" container depots thus making wanjiko and the economy suffer, selling mihadarati messing the lives of the youth, having your mihadarati ships blown up, then wacha hiyo success ikae. Surely a thugs life, a criminal life, can't be the yardstick for success.

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone
hardwood
#351 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 10:48:49 AM

The story of his purported degree from Kampala university is even more interesting...He has been buying judges to cleanse fake documents but as they say mbio za sakafuni huishia ukingoni. AmeNASWA.

http://www.nation.co.ke/...5104-lwqxxbz/index.html

Quote:
Hassan Joho degree a fraud, says Uganda higher education authority

The degree certificate obtained by Mombasa Governor Ali Hassan Joho from Kampala University is a fraud, the Uganda National Council of Higher Education (NCHE), has said.

The details emerged even as a Mombasa judge directed that a case challenging the academic credentials of the governor be forwarded to the Chief Justice for further direction.

In Uganda, the council chaired by Prof Nyeko Pen-Mogi adopted the recommendations of a sub-committee which had been asked to investigate how the governor obtained a Bachelor’s degree from the private university.

“There was no clear evidence that academic due process was followed from admission to graduation regarding a Bachelor of Business Administration degree (Human Resource Management option) awarded to Mr Hassan Ali Joho by Kampala University,” the council said in a resolution.

It further said in its April 30, 2013 report that it does not recognise Mr Joho’s degree, a decision that further complicates matters for the Cord governor, who is fighting for political survival after his rivals went to court to challenge his election on the grounds that he was not a degree holder. The law requires a governor and his deputy to be university graduates.

MAY NOT HAVE BEEN IN UGANDA

NCHE has said that Mr Joho may not have been in Uganda to physically undertake studies, raising doubts about how the university awarded him the degree.

It was acting on the recommendations of a committee chaired by Mr S.H. Nsubuga, which had it had that Mr Joho “fraudulently obtained the said qualifications from Kampala University” and that he “neither qualified for admission to the degree programme nor was he subjected to the due process.”

The committee also found that Mr Joho paid his entire fee for the programme in lump sum.

“In addition, the receipts presented as evidence for payment of university fees were forgeries,” the committee had said before forwarding its recommendations to NCHE.

The report also said that Mr Joho did not live in Uganda for a sufficient period of time and, therefore, could not have fulfilled the Kampala University in-service mode requirement.

Said the report: We, therefore, conclude that Hassan Ali Joho did not fulfil the due process related to acquiring the Bachelor of Business Administration degree of Kampala University.

On Wednesday in Mombasa, Mr Justice Edward Muriithi directed that Mr Joho’s case be referred to the Chief Justice after consenting to submissions made by lawyers representing petitioners, respondents and interested parties, all of whom had said that there were substantive issues which ought to be dealt with by a three-bench judge.
hardwood
#352 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 11:00:54 AM

tnai9 wrote:
hardwood wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
Njung'e wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
[quote=Thitifini]

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone

So you are suggesting that the prison gates be flung open and all the fraudsters and criminals (including waiganjo) let out because as you argue up there, like joho, "their criminal deeds have sorted their families plus their extended families, and many are comfortable".
tnai9
#353 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 11:18:39 AM

hardwood wrote:

So you are suggesting that the prison gates be flung open and all the fraudsters and criminals (including waiganjo) let out because as you argue up there, like joho, "their criminal deeds have sorted their families plus their extended families, and many are comfortable".

I know if the affected person was from another politically correct side some people would have googles(sp). I am looking objectively at this. I don't entertain shortcuts and am not advocating for fraud etc. I hope and believe my kids will get As, but if they dont, I hope they will dust themselves and get up and move on.

This guy has the gift of gab that many of us dont have. There are moneyed people who cant even address a gathering of 100 people. So he beats them in that aspect. I dont see all gloom in a situation. Of course here, there are those who are happy the guy is being contained. They will talk about forgeries and lies as though they have never lied, or bribed, or perpetuated tribal bigotry. There are many pretenders here, who have no moral authority to comment on any issue touching on integrity.

Its just that they are nobodies, and cannot call press conferences and therefore their lies can never come to light.
Jump-steady
#354 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 12:30:09 PM

essyk wrote:
Ouch!
Guy stirred a beehive...

It's good to remain humble.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

The person who said silence is the best weapon was certainly not a D studentsmile
Fyatu
#355 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 12:30:12 PM

mburuke wrote:
Surely are saying getting a good grade in our school id of no significant! yet we are spending so much taking our kids to the best school. If u beleif johos D- is okay the dont take ur kid to school and let him or her get an E.its time we stopped belittling good performance as long as its earned.

Exactly. Its about time i said no to MEDIOCRITY. All of a sudden, the D- and E guys have credibility and as a nation we are now saying f*** merit. We are saying merit does not matter anymore. While commuting to work, this morning the FM radio guys(the D- and E guys) were all over the place with their D- level of arguments and justifications. For a moment i felt like Kenya has been invaded by aliens (D- and E guys) and that all the folks who use their intelligence to develop softwares, to treat patients, to teach kids in our schools/universities, to design roads, to do research on vaccines etc are now at the mercy ya hawa dunderheads.

While i agree with @tnai9 that grades should not limit guys in their pursuit of success, i am against the promotion of a culture of mediocrity. I am well sure that 001 is giving his kids the best education out there at the same time urging them to work hard in their school work. And yes, rising from D- to governor of port city of Kenya is no mean feat.

P.S. Assisting school kids to cross the road is very impactful to the society.

Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Fyatu
#356 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 12:39:10 PM

Goggles aside....What D- level of leadership has done for Mombasa city is out there for all to see.
maka
#357 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 12:43:43 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Goggles aside....What D- level of leadership has done to Mombasa city is out there for all to see.

What has the A student done for Nairobi?smile
possunt quia posse videntur
KulaRaha
#358 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 12:44:33 PM

I wish 527 crew had this much passion about recovering NYS, KPC, SGR and other scandal fund losses.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Fyatu
#359 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 12:53:32 PM

maka wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Goggles aside....What D- level of leadership has done for Mombasa city is out there for all to see.

What has the A student done for Nairobi?smile

I have all along thought Kidero also got a D- ...kumbe alipata division 25
TSi
#360 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 1:03:10 PM

tnai9 wrote:
hardwood wrote:

I know if the affected person was from another politically correct side some people would have googles(sp). I am looking objectively at this. I don't entertain shortcuts and am not advocating for fraud etc. I hope and believe my kids will get As, but if they dont, I hope they will dust themselves and get up and move on.

This guy has the gift of gab that many of us dont have. There are moneyed people who cant even address a gathering of 100 people. So he beats them in that aspect. I dont see all gloom in a situation. Of course here, there are those who are happy the guy is being contained. They will talk about forgeries and lies as though they have never lied, or bribed, or perpetuated tribal bigotry. There are many pretenders here, who have no moral authority to comment on any issue touching on integrity.

Its just that they are nobodies, and cannot call press conferences and therefore their lies can never come to light.

Tnai9
Ability to speak & ability to do are 2 very different things. Kibaki was not a great orator but his economic policies were felt by most while this joho is just speak speak.. By the way by default Coasterians have a very "smooth mouth" or "silver tongue" natural born story tellers so it is no wonder you are impressed by the guy n that is why you keep saying "if u listen to him speak he comes off as an above average fella" What people have a problem with is not his D, but that he faked it all the way to MBA by bribing & forging n to top it all his chest thumping. IMHO I don't think his English is good