wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages123>»
Peculiar Diasporan habits
KulaRaha
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2014 4:41:17 PM

I've noticed there is a huge chunk of RTS (Return To Sender) diaspora types back in town.

Most claim to be back home so they can "feel grounded" and miss home.

Yet when you hear their conversations, they spend most of their time telling us how things were so much better back in X ( for X use SA, USA, UK, Canada, Dubai etc).

They also make fun of local ethnic accents, while they talk in fake twangs that sound nothing like English.

Share your observations.

All for a good laugh! smile
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
sheri
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2014 4:52:34 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
I've noticed there is a huge chunk of RTS (Return To Sender) diaspora types back in town.

Yet when you hear their conversations, they spend most of their time telling us how things were so much better back in X ( for X use SA, USA, UK, Canada, Dubai etc).

They also make fun of local ethnic accents, while they talk in fake twangs that sound nothing like English.

Share your observations.

Ha! one was suprised guys are so busy these days. Hata mtu wakukaa na yeye kwa nyumba hakuna. We leave the house at 6AM and back at 7pm. When he complained my auntie was like " the 2k you send after 6 months is not enough for us to sit here the whole day listening to your stories.
alma
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2014 5:00:39 PM

sheri wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Share your observations.

Ha! one was suprised guys are so busy these days. Hata mtu wakukaa na yeye kwa nyumba hakuna. We leave the house at 6AM and back at 7pm. When he complained my auntie was like " the 2k you send after 6 months is not enough for us to sit here the whole day listening to your stories.

Sheri, I allowed you to keep the 2k. Why bring it up here?
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
kysse
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2014 5:11:39 PM

kiash are you coming home for christmas?

Robinhood
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2014 6:11:19 PM

kysse wrote:

Christmas is when the niqqa makes some cash when Wazungu are relaxing... Pole Kiash
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
Wainadi
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2014 6:38:17 PM

Bringing electronics as gifts some of which are incompatible with the Kenyan system. Without consulting the receivers.
Its all good.
kiash
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2014 6:46:42 PM

KulaRaha wrote:

Share your observations.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Kwani you work at the posta ?

Start another thread coz when you go to shagz the people there say the same thing about you (If you were born there and moved to the citi after) Anyway sitetei mtu . I also laughed when some guy in a lost state was talking about going back to Kenya in a borrowed accent.

kiash
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2014 6:48:32 PM

kysse wrote:

Are you going to shagz for krissi?

ZZE123
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2014 6:50:40 PM

Uchungu wa kulipa bills (Except alcohol) when they are here!!
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
kiash
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2014 6:58:49 PM

ZZE123 wrote:

What bills pwana? out here people pay for elec + gas (heating winter + cooking) house insurance (sijui kaama iko Kenya) car maintenance, (when you go to a garage you pay per hour of labour) phone, internet health insurance (not that one for NHIF)
+ many more so when you talk of billsShame on you
Kratos
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2014 7:21:53 PM

kiash wrote:
kysse wrote:

Are you going to shagz for krissi?

“People will believe a big lie sooner than a little one, and if you repeat it frequently enough, people will sooner or later believe it.” ― Walter C. Langer
ecstacy
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2014 7:26:27 PM

KulaRaha wrote:

Share your observations.

Can't these brothers wear clothes that fit? Once a hommie, always a hommie?
mawinder
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2014 7:35:07 PM

kiash wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Share your observations.

Kwani you work at the posta ?

Start another thread coz when you go to shagz the people there say the same thing about you (If you were born there and moved to the citi after) Anyway sitetei mtu . I also laughed when some guy in a lost state was talking about going back to Kenya in a borrowed accent.

I agree, when the Nairobians come back to Eremo village, they disturb us.They insist they cannot take ordinary water and are seen carrying mineral water, some who used to go to bushes to defecate and used leaves to wipe their behinds now insist on their kids using toilets and cannot allow their kids to use latrines plus so many other bad things!!!!!!!
These Nairobians!!!!!!!!
ZZE123
#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2014 8:11:31 PM

kiash wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:

What bills pwana? out here people pay for elec + gas (heating winter + cooking) house insurance (sijui kaama iko Kenya) car maintenance, (when you go to a garage you pay per hour of labour) phone, internet health insurance (not that one for NHIF)
+ many more so when you talk of billsShame on you

So when you come to Kenya you stay in some ones house with your entire family from huku kwenyu for a month and you do not contribute a cent!!!Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
Swenani
#15 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2014 8:12:48 PM

ecstacy wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Share your observations.

I know one who needs a road with a width of 1 metre to walk and walks as if the earth surface has electricity shocks
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
harrydre
#16 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2014 8:20:53 PM

Swenani wrote:
ecstacy wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Share your observations.

I know one who needs a road with a width of 1 metre to walk and walks as if the earth surface has electricity shocks

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
i.am.back!!!!
ecstacy
#17 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2014 8:40:58 PM

harrydre wrote:
Swenani wrote:
ecstacy wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Share your observations.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Don't even get me started on summer bunnies who are practically wazees wearing those oversized caps, the Ebony and Skylux owner is a typical example. Alirudi Kenya but NY has never left his head.

NB: I respect the man's achievements otherwise, ni nguo tu.
ecstacy
#18 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2014 8:44:21 PM

As for the ladies who return, what's with lecturing EVERYONE in customer service whilst on tweng mode??
ecstacy
#19 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2014 8:49:09 PM

Which US state was Benson Kibue in? The tweng is in koroga mode.
Am
#20 Posted : Thursday, December 04, 2014 7:42:50 AM

ecstacy wrote:
Which US state was Benson Kibue in? The tweng is in koroga mode.

Did I hear him tweng while singing?? Comes out rather fake.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God..