wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
My electricity bill.
Ceinz
#1 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 1:09:37 PM

Despite much hullabaloo by the Jubilee government my electricity bill remains disturbingly high. Sob sob sob.
“small step for man”
MaichBlack
#2 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 1:17:42 PM

Ceinz wrote:
Despite much hullabaloo by the Jubilee government my electricity bill remains disturbingly high. Sob sob sob.

While exercising to lose weight, don't eat more.

When cost of electricity is coming down, don't increase your usage. That is if you want your bill to reduce.

Example: Calling rates came down drastically and for most people expenditure on phone bills/airtime went up. Why? People talk more. Much more! Standard phone call used to be "Hello. We meet at 10:00am same place?", "Yes.", "Okay, Bye.". 15 seconds! Nowadays it a whole story complete with episodes and seasons!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Angelica _ann
#3 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 1:22:56 PM

Mine has come down or rather the units i get has increased with 3k thus:

September - 138 units

October - 143 units

November - 154 units

I used to get 168 units sometimes back so i am yet to get back to where we started!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
dunkang
#4 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 2:04:42 PM

Mine was 1,000/-, then 1,200/-, then 1,250/-, then 1,400/- today the bill is back to 1, 070/-.

Surely, this is a joke. They have steadily been raising the bill for the last 6 months then they return it the normal rate and hold press conferences to announce "good news". What good news?????

#Jubilee'Trying very hard to fool us'!!!!
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

maka
#5 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 5:40:06 PM

dunkang wrote:
Mine was 1,000/-, then 1,200/-, then 1,250/-, then 1,400/- today the bill is back to 1, 070/-.

Surely, this is a joke. They have steadily been raising the bill for the last 6 months then they return it the normal rate and hold press conferences to announce "good news". What good news?????

#Jubilee'Trying very hard to fool us'!!!!

4010...Sad
possunt quia posse videntur
jwatesh
#6 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 7:09:25 PM

Consume more and more...that way our dividends will be much higher soon
jerry
#7 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 7:38:11 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Mine has come down or rather the units i get has increased with 3k thus:

September - 138 units

October - 143 units

November - 154 units

I used to get 168 units sometimes back so i am yet to get back to where we started!

You can tell where "we" started from this:
http://rayofsolaris.net/misc/kenya-electricity/
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
Kihara joni
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 3:07:27 PM

341/- consuption 20kwh down from 918/- but we have been having daily blackouts here in Mombasa so not suprised
shamwari
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 4:30:06 PM

ukiona mwenzio amenyolewa,kichwa chako tia maji.I am yet to receive my eletricity bill shamwari
butterflyke
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 10:18:40 PM

shamwari wrote:
ukiona mwenzio amenyolewa,kichwa chako tia maji.I am yet to receive my eletricity bill shamwari

Whilst I was at Stima Plaza sorting out what seems to be a small factory electricity bill for my house, I learnt that KPLC will no longer be sending paper bills to customers. Mambo ni sms
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
Rankaz13
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 11:25:39 PM

butterflyke wrote:
shamwari wrote:

Whilst I was at Stima Plaza sorting out what seems to be a small factory electricity bill for my house, I learnt that KPLC will no longer be sending paper bills to customers. Mambo ni sms

SMS and email (pdf which you can print). Been getting both consistently since around March this year. The sms comes about 3-5days before the email.
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
jwatesh
#12 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2014 9:35:59 PM

Rankaz13 wrote:
butterflyke wrote:
shamwari wrote:

SMS and email (pdf which you can print). Been getting both consistently since around March this year. The sms comes about 3-5days before the email.

I like my prepaid meter
Tebes
#13 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2014 1:13:29 PM

Rankaz13 wrote:
butterflyke wrote:
shamwari wrote:

Why are people still this analogue waiting for their bills to be sent via mail?

You can check your bill here any time with a reliable network and within seconds......

Just type the first part of your electricity account no. (without -01) and pap! you get your bill

http://contactcentre.kplc.co.ke/KEIOPEN/

Thank me latersmile
"Never regret, if its good, its wonderful. If its bad, its experience."
jerry
#14 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2014 10:16:33 PM

Tebes wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
butterflyke wrote:
shamwari wrote:

Why are people still this analogue waiting for their bills to be sent via mail?

You can check your bill here any time with a reliable network and within seconds......

Just type the first part of your electricity account no. (without -01) and pap! you get your bill

http://contactcentre.kplc.co.ke/KEIOPEN/

Thank me latersmile

Why bother checking if it comes via SMS and email? What you need is this!
Post #7 above:

You can tell where "we" started from this:
http://rayofsolaris.net/misc/kenya-electricity/

If you are keen you will note that we are paying power at same rate as at start of Jubilee gov. I hope the momentum downwards doesn't end there.

*****Don't thank me but the developers of the site!
dunkang
#15 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2014 4:37:21 AM

jerry wrote:

If you are keen you will note that we are paying power at same rate as at start of Jubilee gov. I hope the momentum downwards doesn't end there.

*****Don't thank me but the developers of the site!

Jubilee sycophants can't see that. They are so blind.

They have been raising the bill continuously month by month, and what is happening now is just going back to the true numbers.
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

vin
#16 Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2014 7:28:53 AM

Ceinz wrote:

I have never had such a high bill since i started consuming stima.I wish it was never announced that there would be reduction on tariffs.Mine went up by almost 150%.
Advice is like snow.The softer it lands the harder is sticks.
jerry
#17 Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2014 12:02:29 PM

I was surprised to hear that IPPs had signed a 25 year "irrevocable" contract!
Gordon Gekko
#18 Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2014 8:29:12 PM

jerry wrote:

That's standard in the industry, in fact there's also a capacity charge, which you pay even when there's no electricity being produced.
Cde Monomotapa
#19 Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 12:13:37 AM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
jerry wrote:

That's standard in the industry, in fact there's also a capacity charge, which you pay even when there's no electricity being produced.

Also, the hydro/thermal dynamics have long been experienced - that's enough for clarity. No rain, more thermal & viceversa. Sasa iko geothermal pia. #Tafakari
butterflyke
#20 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2014 11:46:03 AM

How is it that when you have meter issues for KPLC to check out, you have to draw a map to your residence but when KPLC want to disconnect your power, their motorbikes/vehicles are on auto-pilot?
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝