wazua Sun, May 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

12 Pages<1234>»
Safaricom HY 2014/2015 EPS up 32%
MaichBlack
#21 Posted : Wednesday, November 05, 2014 7:51:57 PM

Oh the way things have changed!!! Safcom releases results, sets a new half-year profits record and after two days we are still at post #21. A while back we would be in page 21!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
shobiz
#22 Posted : Wednesday, November 05, 2014 7:55:40 PM

jwatesh wrote:
mv_ufanisi wrote:
I jumped out of SCOM bus a while back. This giant has grown too much and won't sustain high growth rates indefinitely. They are kind of stuck to the Kenyan market so upside is limited by that. However it's a good investment for funds with billions.
Now I'm more interested in well run smaller companies which show good growth potential and could expand regionally. Centum has been my favorite stock for a while now and delivered great returns so far.

Mobile data and home internet have the ability to bring in ksh120 billion in future if 10 million users spend 1000 a month on internet bundles. Still lots of room for growth in mpesa in terms of bill payments...plus its a good future dividend stock like BAT...I wish they could go regional

The new kid in the family will contribute immensely to its revenues http://www.my1963.co.ke/

maka
#23 Posted : Wednesday, November 05, 2014 10:04:21 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
Oh the way things have changed!!! Safcom releases results, sets a new half-year profits record and after two days we are still at post #21. A while back we would be in page 21!!!

smile One day....
possunt quia posse videntur
jwatesh
#24 Posted : Wednesday, November 05, 2014 10:34:37 PM

shobiz wrote:
jwatesh wrote:
mv_ufanisi wrote:
I jumped out of SCOM bus a while back. This giant has grown too much and won't sustain high growth rates indefinitely. They are kind of stuck to the Kenyan market so upside is limited by that. However it's a good investment for funds with billions.
Now I'm more interested in well run smaller companies which show good growth potential and could expand regionally. Centum has been my favorite stock for a while now and delivered great returns so far.

Mobile data and home internet have the ability to bring in ksh120 billion in future if 10 million users spend 1000 a month on internet bundles. Still lots of room for growth in mpesa in terms of bill payments...plus its a good future dividend stock like BAT...I wish they could go regional

The new kid in the family will contribute immensely to its revenues http://www.my1963.co.ke/

With Safaricom's ability to advertise, this thing can get a major market share
MaichBlack
#25 Posted : Wednesday, November 05, 2014 11:37:32 PM

maka wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

smile One day....

Two days.

Yesterday after market closure and the whole day today!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
kiwaru
#26 Posted : Thursday, November 06, 2014 6:03:40 AM

shobiz wrote:
jwatesh wrote:
mv_ufanisi wrote:

@shobiz, what is the relationship between this card and Safaricom? I dont like the insinuation that this is a Safaricom "associated" entity... (new kid in the family????)
Wewe wacha... http://www.my1963.co.ke/blog/?p=90
murchr
#27 Posted : Thursday, November 06, 2014 7:41:41 AM

kiwaru wrote:
shobiz wrote:
jwatesh wrote:
[quote=mv_ufanisi]I jumped out of SCOM bus a while back. This giant has grown too much and won't sustain high growth rates indefinitely. They are kind of stuck to the Kenyan market so upside is limited by that. However it's a good investment for funds with billions.

@shobiz, what is the relationship between this card and Safaricom? I dont like the insinuation that this is a Safaricom "associated" entity... (new kid in the family????)
Wewe wacha... http://www.my1963.co.ke/blog/?p=90

????
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
poundfoolish
#28 Posted : Thursday, November 06, 2014 4:59:14 PM

And then they start pushing for this Mpesa to Bank, Bank to Mpesa Never seen them push it.. but they have started, albeit on twitter..
murchr
#29 Posted : Saturday, November 08, 2014 5:40:44 AM

murchr wrote:
mv_ufanisi wrote:

There's so much room for growth. I'll expound more on Saturday

Saturday is here and am here to debunk the Safaricom has reached its maturity myth.

There's talk over the media that Mobile penetration in Kenya has reached its maturity and an insinuation that in a few years there will be no more new subscribers coming aboard. That is all hogwash and baloney. Kenyans have not stopped procreating, the population is still growing, mobile telecommunication is so much with us, the xaxa generation cannot stop texting, tweeting or posting their selfies on instagram/facebook etc.

Phones keep advancing by the day making it possible to do more and more on the web, Safaricoms main business is not selling phones rather selling the service to keep that phone on. Applications such as OLX are making it more and more necessary for individuals to have smart phones. As you transact online, you are streaming your data via Safaricom. The more and more you transact, the more and more you use data.

I watched Matiangi talk about the EastAfrican "one network area" he explained that the main intention is to pull down the barriers such that Kenyans can buy the MTN network and use it in Kenya seamlessly likewise, EastAfricans can buy Safcom and enjoy its services as if they are in Kenya. So the buying of YU's infrastructure will be greatly utilized. I guess no one doubts Safcoms selling abilities.
So far UG RW SS and KE are for the one network area.

Now, when the analog TVs are finally switched off Safaricom will be very well positioned to provide Kenians with cheaper digital television,Zuku will get a partner. I believe THIS is the reason they are laying cable with all this zeal. Satellite TV is expensive fiber is the way most communication companies have gone.

So those dreaming that this giant is done....i say, they are only scratching the surface
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
hisah
#30 Posted : Saturday, November 08, 2014 7:47:38 AM

The fact that this thread has taken so long to reach page 2 means that few guys are onboard. Institutionals (local/foreigners) have taken over. This will be driven like BAT, EABL, BAMB etc where large fund managers exist until the vol dries out. Meaning 10/- and lower is a closed zone unless the elephant gets sick (losses).
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
murchr
#31 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2014 5:52:29 PM

13/- printed today
MaichBlack
#32 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2014 11:14:24 AM

murchr wrote:
13/- printed today

Current demand outstrips supply by far at 13/=
Angelica _ann
#33 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2014 11:25:21 AM

Many left the mbus and cannot believe how strong it continues to hold on at 12.5bob smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
hisah
#34 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2014 12:41:13 PM

Waiting to see if the breakout above 13.50 will materialize to confirm bullish continuation from the congestion range between 11.50 and 13.50.

Fibonacci extension targets on breakout of strong resistance @13.50 from the low of 11.50

100% = 14.00
138.2% = 14.75
161.8% = 15.20
200% = 16.00

Will it play out again? Ref this CIC discussion back in Mar 2014?

hisah wrote:
Metasploit wrote:
hisah wrote:
It is interesting after the listing high of 5.25 and crash to 3.10 then rally back to 5.80 and retrace back to 4.50, this counter has been bullish since.

As per cartoons, the breakout from 6/- was going to be furious since 5.25 and 5.80 had proved to be tough resistance layers. Using the fibo tool, when measure from 4.50, the counter today has printed a high of 7.80 which is a 100% fibo level. If bulls can keep up, the next extension 123.6% will see the price hit 8.50 and at 138.2% extension the price will scale 9/-. The market being what it is always tends to behave beyond reason and it is getting frothy at these levels as bulls chase the bonus issue...

@metaspoilt - this one has played out nice for a trader's game.

@stockhunter - what is your profit take. Are you in the long haul? If yes, no need to answer, but if you have recovered your capital like @pkoli and @bartum, then selling some is not a bad idea.

Been a long and difficult fight..bulls taking over 8 level.

Next supply point 8.50

Wow! 8.20 has traded. Behaving like mpesa bank when it broke down very stubborn multi-yr resistance @7.50 and has rocketed ever since...

Btw have you been keeping an eye on EABL as it tries to stay afloat the 220 - 260 range. If this level (multi yr support) breaks down, it will fall off a cliff!

$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
hisah
#35 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2014 1:44:39 PM

mlennyma
#36 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2014 1:58:45 PM

When will it make 40b profit to make 1 bob earnings per share?
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
murchr
#37 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2014 6:31:53 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
murchr wrote:
13/- printed today

Will the all time high of 13.40/- be smashed tomorrow?
MaichBlack
#38 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2014 7:16:08 PM

murchr wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
murchr wrote:
13/- printed today

Will the all time high of 13.40/- be smashed tomorrow?

Happened today @murchr. A high of 13.55/=
edwinmukiri
#39 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2014 7:26:36 PM

I believe this counter will remain profitable for along time. There is more advancements in this field that have not been exploited meaning more profit making opportunities available.
Bulls make money,bears make money and pigs get slaughtered.
jwatesh
#40 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2014 10:28:47 PM

Am glad I bought a huge chunk at 12.10.... Cant wait for 4G