#81 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 4:34:41 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
McReggae wrote:
masukuma wrote:
I am guessing it went something like this
KQ guy: Where is your ID?
Senator from Bungoma: I am hon. Moses Wetangula
KQ guy: Weta-who? wapi kipande ama passport
Senator from Bungoma: don't you know me? I am the Senator from Bungoma county. hon. Moses Wetangula
KQ guy: that name sounds familiar - wapi ID? Weta-who again?

Watu waache ujeuri... ama he was not a 'passenger'? coz 'passengers' are expected kujitambulisha.

.....and you know he eventually flew without it, now beat that!!!!

So all these makelele is in vain...... should know people....... majority leader in Senate!

so hii kelele yote ni ya nini?
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
jaggernaut
#82 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 4:50:03 PM

He can use fly540 if he's unhappy with the measures KQ has put in place. After all KQ isn't the only airline flying to mbs.
Angelica _ann
#83 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 4:52:54 PM

jaggernaut wrote:
He can use fly540 if he's unhappy with the measures KQ has put in place. After all KQ isn't the only airline flying to mbs.

He still flew without the ID on KQ, so the sideshows were useless in the 1st place!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
masukuma
#84 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 4:56:31 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:

He still flew without the ID on KQ, so the sideshows were useless in the 1st place!

so he is not pissed that he was not allowed to fly... he is pissed since he was stopped and questioned? it makes things even worse.
Impunity
#85 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 4:58:35 PM

masukuma wrote:
banyamulenge wrote:
kysse wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Eti ID ilikuwa in a bag which the driver had already gone with!....Jinga!!!

ID or PP?? How did they pass immigration without a Passport?? We must be jokers.
Ai.

Kweli pwani si Kenya

domestic flights hazina 'immigration'

I thought wazuans do fly sometimes,kumbe most of "us" ni washamba tu in "sheep" skin!And for this to come from someone who toils at the cargo area of the airport 12hrs a day please!

Sad Sad Sad
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Angelica _ann
#86 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 4:59:51 PM

masukuma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:

so he is not pissed that he was not allowed to fly... he is pissed since he was stopped and questioned? it makes things even worse.

He is pissed for the 2+ hours wasted with same eventual outcome ...... plane flew to mombasa na yeye ndani
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Atalaku
#87 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 5:06:34 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:

He is pissed for the 2+ hours wasted with same eventual outcome ...... plane flew to mombasa na yeye ndani

These CORD people!
Shotgun
#88 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 5:07:31 PM

masukuma wrote:
Senator from Bungoma: don't you know me? I am the Senator from Bungoma county. hon. Moses Wetangula

Watu waache ujeuri... ama he was not a 'passenger'? coz 'passengers' are expected kujitambulisha.

Wetangula? What's that?

jaggernaut
#89 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 5:08:14 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:

He should be billed for the 2hrs he delayed the plane...i.e what it would cost to charter the plane for 2hrs. As a KQ shareholder am very mad about this.
Tebes
#90 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 5:42:37 PM

"Never regret, if its good, its wonderful. If its bad, its experience."
Gordon Gekko
#91 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 6:16:08 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Where did humility go to????

Kudos to PORK UMK Applause Applause Applause

Quite disappointing. I recall one time when he was chairman of energy regulatory commission, I flew with him to Dar in economy while his position entitled him to business class - he even lingered around gate 4 waiting for the flight to be called, like us mortals. Where did humility go to????
masukuma
#92 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 7:11:22 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:

if he had carried his ID hatungekuwa an thread hapa
harrydre
#93 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 7:39:47 PM

McReggae wrote:
Wainadi wrote:
McReggae wrote:
From FB I see Senator Martha wangari had a similar situation but she managed to fly, humility is a virtue!!!

Quote:
Wetangula situation!
This morning i was almost having a Weta Kenya Airways situation. I forgot my ID (i never do that!) . I was however nice to the ladies serving me n they allowed me to board.
My take on the whole saga with Weta is simple just be nice! You dont have to shout or quarrel every1 expecting they know you. Mark you the majority of the staff serving you there were born in the late 90s. They know Sonko and Uhuru fullstop. So dont catch feelings ukiambiwa utoe ID, be humble and explain if you forgot.
Good day people.

There however no excuse for breaking of rules even by her!!!

Did she just abuse the born 90's? mama nini anauliza watoto wadogo?

She has broken the rules and then flaunting on social media, for her only leaders from her side of persuasion are known to born 1990s!!!

lakini ni ukweli. born 90's know not who weta is.
i.am.back!!!!
harrydre
#94 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 7:47:22 PM

McReggae wrote:
PRESS RELEASE
MISTREATMENT BY THE KENYA AIRWAYS STAFF
I would like to register my disappointment with the mistreatment and humiliation that I went through last night in the hands of the staff of the Kenya Airways, the national carrier as travelled to Mombasa on Parliamentary business.
I was in the company of the Speakers of the two houses of parliament Hons. Ekwee Ethuro of the Senate and Justin Muturi of the National Assembly and a host of other parliamentary colleagues when the aircraft we had boarded for Mombasa was grounded and everyone evacuated on what the airline staff claimed was a security threat.
They further announced that I should be ejected from the plane on grounds that I had not produced my National Identification Card before boarding. I explained to the airline staff that I forgot to pick my ID card from the travel bag which my driver and security officer had driven with to Mombasa ahead of me. When they insisted, I produced my KQ Frequent Flier Platinum Card which bares my name, my parliamentary medical card which has my photo and all the five bank credit cards just to prove that it was me, but none of them could here this.
The two speakers stepped in and pleaded with them telling that I am the Senate Minority Leader and was accompanying them to the Senate Leadership retreat in Mombasa which began today but they could not listen to the two parliamentary leaders. My colleagues Senators Mutahi Kagwe, Peter Mositet, Wilfred Machage and Daizy Kanainza alongside National Assembly Members Gonzi Rai (Kinango) and Rashid Bedzimba (Kisauni) and Nairobi County Assembly Speaker Mr. Alex Ole Magelo also stepped in to persuade them to allow me in saying that I was their colleague, but the staff remained intransigent.
It is at this juncture that the airline’s intransigent, discourteous and rude staff ordered all the passengers on board to disembark from the plane including the Speakers who head an arm of Government. Even one of the two pilots of the plane pleaded with the ground team saying that he knew me in person and that he went to the same university in South Africa with my daughter and my son in-law, but he was overruled. Passengers too came to my defense, but their pleas fell on deaf ears.
After a three hour stand-off, we were all asked to board the plane again and departed for Mombasa at 2350 hours, a flight which had been scheduled to take off at 2050 hours.
I believe this is a plot by travel authorities to embarrass and humiliate leaders especially those in opposition and subject them to unnecessary psychological and emotional torture in public. Two months ago, CORD leader Mr. Raila Odinga was denied access to the VIP section of the Wilson Airport as he led a team of the coalition leaders to a tour of Taita Taveta County. Together with Senators Muthama and I and other leaders, he watched as the airport staff locked up the door to the lounge and kept the key.
The humiliation and embarrassment I was subjected to at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport last night in the presence of the two Speakers did not augur well with my colleagues present who have vowed to move a motion of adjournment next Tuesday to discuss the misconduct of the KQ staff and decide on any future engagement with the national carrier which enjoys a monopoly of travel services with the two Houses of Parliament.
I want to make to make it clear that I have been a member of parliament since 1993 to date and held several cabinet portfolios for ten years including Foreign Affairs docket which I served diligently. I have flown with Kenya Airways all through both locally and internationally to the extent of acquiring the Frequent Flier’s Platinum status. I feel offended and demand an apology from the national carrier for their mistreatment last night.

Sen. Moses Wetang’ula
Senator Bungoma County and Senate Minority Leader.
Mombasa
24/10/2014

It's all about me me me and who I am B/S. c'mon, the rule of law should be followed by everyone.

i.am.back!!!!
harrydre
#95 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 8:13:17 PM

McReggae wrote:
masukuma wrote:

.....and you know he eventually flew without it, now beat that!!!!

i don't buy that. He probably had to arrange for a passport to be delivered from home. that's why it took 3 hrs. Stop trying to mend his bruised ego.

i.am.back!!!!
harrydre
#96 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 8:17:01 PM

jaggernaut wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:

He should be billed for the 2hrs he delayed the plane...i.e what it would cost to charter the plane for 2hrs. As a KQ shareholder am very mad about this.

he should be the one apologizing to passengers and KQ for wasting their time in the first place but his arrogance and ego can't allow him to see that.
i.am.back!!!!
jaggernaut
#97 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 8:30:47 PM

harrydre wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:

he should be the one apologizing to passengers and KQ for wasting their time in the first place but his arrogance and ego can't allow him to see that.

And this is the person who was Kenya's Diplomat no. 1, the foreign minister. Sad! They should have arrested him and put him in the jkia police cells. Also ban him from flying kq since he's a nuisance passenger.
kysse
#98 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 8:51:24 PM

Ah so it was a domestic flight.
Why the hurry,if there was a next available flight of Was it a night meeting?

The poor kq staff is under watchful eyes and we are the first to scream whenever a stranger passes by undetected, so allow them to obey laws instead of aiding them to break.
limanika
#99 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 9:49:24 PM

How would you expect to board an airline without ID/PpT yet you know it's the most basic of requirements? What are airline staff for? And upto now he has not expressed an iota of remorse? And why would anyone think everyone knows them? Even PORK himself produced documents to identify himself when going to Hagu yawa?
sparkly
#100 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 10:25:32 PM

Kumbe ni yule jamaa wa kuangukiwa na bill board.
Life is short. Live passionately.