wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
kengen full year profit up 3.3%
murchr
#41 Posted : Wednesday, November 05, 2014 6:07:45 AM

Kenya Electricity Generating Company (KenGen) has postponed its Sh15 billion rights issue until the first quarter of next year as it waits for a firm commitment from the government, which is the majority shareholder.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Gatheuzi
#42 Posted : Wednesday, November 05, 2014 6:58:06 AM

Good for the stock. The price was so suppressed to make the issue successful.

I was sure the gvt was broke, in fact I expected them to agree on a dillution of their stake.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
VituVingiSana
#43 Posted : Wednesday, November 05, 2014 8:05:34 AM

Gatheuzi wrote:

I was sure the gvt was broke, in fact I expected them to agree on a dillution of their stake.
Debt conversion to Equity. No dilution.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sumber
#44 Posted : Wednesday, November 05, 2014 11:05:10 AM

Off cause is EPS is diluted when debt is converted to equity owing to increase in number of shares
The optimist
#45 Posted : Wednesday, November 05, 2014 11:20:12 AM

sumber wrote:
Off cause is EPS is diluted when debt is converted to equity owing to increase in number of shares

I guess @VVS meant to say no dilution to gvt's stake.
VituVingiSana
#46 Posted : Wednesday, November 05, 2014 11:20:42 AM

sumber wrote:
I meant no dilution of GoK's stake. That said re: EPS ... Debt to Equity = Interest to Dividends. Generally the Dividend Yield is much lower than Interest Cost.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Gatheuzi
#47 Posted : Wednesday, November 05, 2014 2:24:55 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

I had missed the debt conversion part but you are right. Government's loan will be converted to equity if they agree to that. Then the other shareholders will raise the 15b.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
Gatheuzi
#48 Posted : Wednesday, November 05, 2014 2:31:45 PM

Coming back to the government's loans to KenGen, from the 2013 financial's it seems that they are government guaranteed loans i.e. sources from international banks's such as Japan Bank for Intern Cooperation and Kreditanstalt Fur Wiederaufbau-Kindarum.

Are these the loans that are being converted to Equity, because in that case government will have to take care of interest payments. This will imply an additional direct burden to the treasury which could partly explain the delay. They have to change some of the debt covenants directly with the international institutions as well.
innovator
#49 Posted : Wednesday, November 05, 2014 4:27:12 PM

Gatheuzi wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

I had missed the debt conversion part but you are right. Government's loan will be converted to equity if they agree to that. Then the other shareholders will raise the 15b.

This would amount to the government taking advantage of a depressed stock from its citizenly. They sold the same share at sh 11.00 6years ago, now its below sh10.00
madebe
#50 Posted : Thursday, November 06, 2014 4:39:35 PM

Can anybody post the full annual report???
Gatheuzi
#51 Posted : Friday, November 07, 2014 12:17:52 PM

madebe wrote:
Can anybody post the full annual report???

Check out here.
VituVingiSana
#52 Posted : Friday, November 07, 2014 7:24:38 PM

Gatheuzi wrote:
Coming back to the government's loans to KenGen, from the 2013 financial's it seems that they are government guaranteed loans i.e. sources from international banks's such as Japan Bank for Intern Cooperation and Kreditanstalt Fur Wiederaufbau-Kindarum.

Are these the loans that are being converted to Equity, because in that case government will have to take care of interest payments. This will imply an additional direct burden to the treasury which could partly explain the delay. They have to change some of the debt covenants directly with the international institutions as well.
Of the (I think) 136n in loans/debt, I believe there is 15bn of loans from GoK. In the grand scheme, taking on an additional 15bn in debt is not a huge problem/concern as long as KenGen can pay a dividend as well as provide capital appreciation for a future sale of the shares.
Ericsson
#53 Posted : Saturday, November 08, 2014 8:50:17 AM

@Gatheuzi;
Do you have a downloadable format.
Reading in the link provided is hectic;the writings are too small.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
muimi
#54 Posted : Saturday, November 08, 2014 10:56:34 PM

In 2013 profit after tax was high due to capital allowances from Sangoro(Kshs 5.3b), Kindaruma (Kshs 6.8b) and Rigs (Kshs 4.3b).
In 2014 there has been massive capital investment in Olkaria 1 & 4 , wellheads and Ngong Hills wind (20.4 MW). Do these projects qualify for capital allowances?
sparkly
#55 Posted : Sunday, November 09, 2014 8:18:03 AM

muimi wrote:
In 2013 profit after tax was high due to capital allowances from Sangoro(Kshs 5.3b), Kindaruma (Kshs 6.8b) and Rigs (Kshs 4.3b).
In 2014 there has been massive capital investment in Olkaria 1 & 4 , wellheads and Ngong Hills wind (20.4 MW). Do these projects qualify for capital allowances?

Yes they do. 100% at Ngong hills and 150% at Naivasha
Life is short. Live passionately.
Gatheuzi
#56 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 6:54:12 AM

Ericsson wrote:
@Gatheuzi;

@Ericsson, sorry I don't have one for now. AfricanFinancialswebsite only gives viewing rights but not downloadable. Seems KenGen gave them a softcopy before posting one to their own website.
Akenyan2014
#57 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 9:15:42 AM

Gatheuzi wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@Gatheuzi;

@Ericsson, sorry I don't have one for now. AfricanFinancialswebsite only gives viewing rights but not downloadable. Seems KenGen gave them a softcopy before posting one to their own website.

@Ericsson, that document is quite legible. It initially opens a small window with minute font but when you click on a page it toggles to a full screen readable format, check out that.
Ericsson
#58 Posted : Tuesday, December 09, 2014 10:40:46 PM

http://www.msn.com/en-za...wer-projects/ar-BBgxcjy

Company on an aggressive expansion strategy.The rights issue iko wapi.Hela tutawapatia returns za faida na mgao tukule from the projects
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle