6 Pages«<23456>
Of poor and lazy Agikuyu's kitchen skills
Atalaku
#61 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 2:33:30 PM

Jus Blazin wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
washiku wrote:
"Some of their other lazy inventions include tumbukiza: Simply you cut 2 kilograms of beef steak, deep it in salted water and let it boil, boil,boil, booooooooil. At some point bring a 2 kilogram cabbage or 20 leaves of uncut spinach and throw in. Serve while hot…"

My local is owned by a kamba, inaitwa Kwa Muli. Tumbukiza with cabbages and viazi served every evening while peeps, mostly kambas, partake with their drinks. So it's not confined to Kyuks... Ama aje Atalaku?

Ahahahaha...cooking is an art. Can be learnt. Its none of my business how other communities cook. I eat kamba food...
but hey bro ... how is the project getting along...ile ya mbuzi 8! Imeiva?

On that I can say I don't have poor and lazy kitchen skills. :d/ :d/

...hivo hivo bro. I was worried that you will be condemned to alife of njahi and tumbukizaLaughing out loudly
Jus Blazin
#62 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 2:37:14 PM

Atalaku wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
Atalaku wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
washiku wrote:
"Some of their other lazy inventions include tumbukiza: Simply you cut 2 kilograms of beef steak, deep it in salted water and let it boil, boil,boil, booooooooil. At some point bring a 2 kilogram cabbage or 20 leaves of uncut spinach and throw in. Serve while hot…"

My local is owned by a kamba, inaitwa Kwa Muli. Tumbukiza with cabbages and viazi served every evening while peeps, mostly kambas, partake with their drinks. So it's not confined to Kyuks... Ama aje Atalaku?

Ahahahaha...cooking is an art. Can be learnt. Its none of my business how other communities cook. I eat kamba food...
but hey bro ... how is the project getting along...ile ya mbuzi 8! Imeiva?

On that I can say I don't have poor and lazy kitchen skills. :d/ :d/

...hivo hivo bro. I was worried that you will be condemned to alife of njahi and tumbukizaLaughing out loudly

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Variety/diversity whets the appetite, no? smile
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
jokes
#63 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 2:53:04 PM

I also noticed this serious shortcoming in such a large group of similar people.
Unlike the Luos, kiuks dont know how to cook. but what happened cause i remember eating some great food cooked by my grandma when i was young.
I found an explanation by the Nutritionist prof Ruth Oniang'o.
She was asked on TV why Kenyans lack cooking skills.
She explained that war has a serious effect on our nutrition and cooking skills.
An example in Kenya was the mau mau war which serious effected the Gema communities. The war caused a serious disruption of the normal practice of mothers passing on cooking knowledge and skills to their daughters. Due to war our grandmothers did not pass this knowledge to our mothers during the emergency period and by the time it was over they were grown and were already westernized people who frowned on traditional cooking.
kenmac
#64 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 2:53:39 PM

jaggernaut wrote:
One of the meals i've hated taking is the ugali made from millet and is made so soft that it feels and tastes more like porridge than ugali. Have taken it in kericho, kisii and western.

ditto.

Tastes like clay (to get back on that loam soil poke_
......Ecclesiastes
urstill1
#65 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 2:54:26 PM

kenmac wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:
One of the meals i've hated taking is the ugali made from millet and is made so soft that it feels and tastes more like porridge than ugali. Have taken it in kericho, kisii and western.

ditto.

Happens to be my favourite Ugali.
Impunity
#66 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 2:54:53 PM

jokes wrote:
I also noticed this serious shortcoming in such a large group of similar people.
Unlike the Luos, kiuks dont know how to cook. but what happened cause i remember eating some great food cooked by my grandma when i was young.
She explained that war has a serious effect on our nutrition and cooking skills.
An example in Kenya was the mau mau war which serious effected the Gema communities. The war caused a serious disruption of the normal practice of mothers passing on cooking knowledge and skills to their daughters. Due to war our grandmothers did not pass this knowledge to our mothers during the emergency period and by the time it was over they were grown and were already westernized people who frowned on traditional cooking.

Jokes!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

jaggernaut
#67 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 2:56:59 PM

95% of the food the middle and upper class eat at home is cooked by house girls. Therefore the quality of food you will enjoy will depend on the skill of the house girl. And you expect a teenager, a std 8 drop out deep from the village, to come up with a great meal.
jokes
#68 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 3:00:38 PM

Impunity wrote:
jokes wrote:

Jokes!

yes Impunity
jaggernaut
#69 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 3:05:29 PM

jokes wrote:

That(highlighted) is nonsense. Show us a typical luo meal eg from nyakach, bondo etc.
jaggernaut
#70 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 3:11:00 PM

urstill1 wrote:
kenmac wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:

ditto.

Happens to be my favourite Ugali.

Kila nyani na starehe zake....
Impunity
#71 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 4:14:46 PM

jaggernaut wrote:
jokes wrote:

That(highlighted) is nonsense. Show us a typical luo meal eg from nyakach, bondo etc.

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

Angelica _ann
#72 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 4:17:02 PM

Impunity wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:
jokes wrote:

Drool Drool Drool Weka osuga hapo kando
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Swenani
#73 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 4:24:56 PM

Impunity wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:
jokes wrote:

Hio ugali ni ya mtoto ama mtu mkubwa?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
rock
#74 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 12:28:20 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
washiku wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
Quote:
Their food is devoid of any heritage. Any cultural teachings. Nothing at all. Mukimo is tasteless, you will need salt and spiced soup for you to make head or tail of what eating. It is simply mashed potatoes mixed with githeri and a food colour made from some weeds. And their brand of beans, njahi, tastes like warmed loam soil. Bad, bad, bad…

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly That was harsh.

smile smile smile

I totally agree with that njahi comment. Why njahi of all beans?Sickamp;
Impunity
#75 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 12:38:48 AM

jokes wrote:
Impunity wrote:
jokes wrote:

Jokes!

yes Impunity

U got jokes!

kysse
#76 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 1:13:00 AM

yaawn
Impunity
#77 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 10:54:12 AM

kysse wrote:
yaawn

You never sleep!

jaggernaut
#78 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 12:23:15 PM

Isindu

jaggernaut
#79 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 12:32:20 PM

chiiswa

Atalaku
#80 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 1:46:48 PM

Impunity wrote:
kysse wrote:
yaawn

You never sleep!

Have good sex and you will sleep like a baby... inbox me... magigistock at gmail dot com