wazua Wed, May 15, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

16 Pages«<1011121314>»
Why I'm Still Paying 110/= Plus at the Pump
Swenani
#221 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2015 4:42:46 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Excise duty on petrol and diesel wasn't applicable this time around.
The excise duty was implemented in 2009 by one Amos Kimunya.

what are you saying?Have you read the new excise duty act?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Ericsson
#222 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2015 4:46:29 PM

Yes swenani I read it in detail.
The ones without codes don't have excise duty.
In the bill items which already have excise duty were mentioned like Airtime,banking transactions
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
mlennyma
#223 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2015 4:53:12 PM

http://www.businessdaily...82/-/d2jr7s/-/index.html
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
mlennyma
#224 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2015 4:58:13 PM

mlennyma wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Prices-to-go-up-as-new-VAT-rules-take-effect-next-month/-/539552/1289382/-/d2jr7s/-/index.html

sorry i have lost the link to the intented article on tax this is abit old
Ericsson
#225 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2015 5:03:25 PM

Seen it excise duty iko
Ericsson
#226 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2015 5:05:26 PM

As attached in the briefing by ERC excise duty didn't apply in super petrol from the excise act;
Marginal impact of Excise Duty in December 2015 pump prices review

The effect of the Excise Duty Act 2015 on petroleum pump prices has been marginal, according to the latest monthly price review by ERC. Today's price review set out petroleum pump prices for the period 15th December 2015 to 14th January 2016.

Excise duty for Super Petrol remained the same at Kshs 19.895 per litre while kerosene remained zero rated. However, one cargo of diesel was increased by Kshs 2.061 per litre. The other diesel cargoes considered in this month’s price review remain unaffected since their last dates of discharge were before the effective date of the new excise tax (i.e. 1st Dec 2015). This has been verified with the Kenya Revenue Authority.

Taking account of the weighted average cost of imported refined petroleum products, the changes in the maximum allowed petroleum pump price are as follows: Super Petrol reduces by Kshs 0.40 per litre, Diesel reduces by Kshs 1.15 per litre while Kerosene reduces by Kshs 1.54 per litre.

Accordingly, the prices of super petrol, diesel and kerosene per litre in Nairobi during this period will be Kshs 90.06, Kshs 78.51 and Kshs 53.27, respectively.

For information, the general reduction in petroleum prices during this period was a consequence of the average landed cost of imported Super Petrol decreasing by 0.88% from US$ 546.85 per ton in October 2015 to US$ 542.02 per ton in November 2015. For diesel, the average landed cost decreased by 6.19% from US$ 506.93 per ton to US$ 475.53 per ton. The average landed cost of imported Kerosene decreased by 4.93% from US$ 510.88 per ton to US$ 485.70 per ton.

The Free On board (FOB) price of Murban crude oil lifted in November 2015 was posted at US$ 43.55 per barrel, a decrease of 7.93% from US$ 47.30 per barrel in October 2015. Over the same period, the mean monthly US Dollar to Kenya Shilling exchange rate appreciated by 0.30% from KES 102.51 per US$ in October 2015 to KES 102.20 per US$ in November 2015.
hisah
#227 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2015 5:14:41 PM

Btw KE fuel prices are fair! Only Ethiopia cheaper than KE in the EA region. Also note that KE prices are cheaper than those in China, Brazil and a host of EU nations! Have a look at this global fuel retail price statistics site. Note unit price is in US cents.

Gasoline/Petrol: http://www.globalpetrolp...es.com/gasoline_prices/

Diesel: http://www.globalpetrolprices.com/diesel_prices/

ERC is doing a fine job! And no, I'm not an ERC price control fun before wazuans start crucifying me as a sympathizer et al.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
mlennyma
#228 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2015 5:48:43 PM

hisah wrote:
Btw KE fuel prices are fair! Only Ethiopia cheaper than KE in the EA region. Also note that KE prices are cheaper than those in China, Brazil and a host of EU nations! Have a look at this global fuel retail price statistics site. Note unit price is in US cents.

ERC is doing a fine job! And no, I'm not an ERC price control fun before wazuans start crucifying me as a sympathizer et al.

kenyans only cry because the tax is lost on corruption
Lolest!
#229 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2015 5:59:41 PM

hisah wrote:

smile
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Ericsson
#230 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2015 7:19:43 PM

@Lolest!
Purchasing powere/disposable income between us and the mentioned countries is not the same.
They are higher than ours;why haven't you mentioned US where fuel is cheaper than in kenya despite their high disposable income
Ericsson
#231 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2015 7:28:19 PM

Super petrol is not being affected by the new excise duty.Its diesel.
So super prtrol user were spared
whiteowl
#232 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2015 8:19:34 PM

Lolest! wrote:
hisah wrote:

smile

smile smile
MaichBlack
#233 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2016 7:19:27 AM

No reprieve for Kenyans! Excuses, Counter Excuses, Taxes and a truck load of bull crap!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#234 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2016 7:28:13 AM

Cartel Like Behaviour!!!

The ERC apologists, teteeni hii watu sasa! Sijui mara refined products, fixed costs bla bla bla. I am sorry today you cannot use the the exchange rate because the shilling has been stable since the last review.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Boris Boyka
#235 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2016 7:29:19 AM

You forgot Braari Gasket
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
MaichBlack
#236 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2016 7:38:59 AM

Thanks @Boris. Hii ni Brary Gaskets!!! Binadamu ya #@&! ya kuku!!!
MaichBlack
#237 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2016 7:47:26 AM

I am waiting for the day there will be a huge increase internationally and only marginal increase in the pump price and the ERC comes out to explain "The reason there was only a marginal increase in pump prices despite the huge increase in price of crude is because a number of costs and taxes are fixed".

That will be the day!!!

Ati we buy refined oil. Kwani inatokaga kwa crude gani?? Hiyo crude hai-reduce price?? Ama ni special crude?? Total nonsense!!!
joga bonito
#238 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2016 7:50:41 AM

whiteowl wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
hisah wrote:

smile

smile smile

Come on, but why does 50% of the ksh. 90/liter go to govt and we still drive in potholes.That is robbery
whiteowl
#239 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2016 8:57:21 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
Cartel Like Behaviour!!!

The ERC apologists, teteeni hii watu sasa! Sijui mara refined products, fixed costs bla bla bla. I am sorry today you cannot use the the exchange rate because the shilling has been stable since the last review.

We were also told on this thread that the price of yogurt doesn't correlate with the price of milk.
jerry
#240 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2016 9:34:21 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
I am waiting for the day there will be a huge increase internationally and only marginal increase in the pump price and the ERC comes out to explain "The reason there was only a marginal increase in pump prices despite the huge increase in price of crude is because a number of costs and taxes are fixed".

That will be the day!!!

Ati we buy refined oil. Kwani inatokaga kwa crude gani?? Hiyo crude hai-reduce price?? Ama ni special crude?? Total nonsense!!!

I concur. Let's wait for the day!
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.