9 Pages<1234>»
Thoughts on TPS Serena
maka
#21 Posted : Thursday, February 05, 2015 3:03:07 PM

bubethi wrote:
Kausha wrote:
biddii wrote:
Hi Members,

What are thoughts on TPS Serena? Good Investment?

NAV of 55 against market price of 35/-. I know tourism is a tough industry at the moment but hits in Mombasa should be compensated by increase in Tz business. Also a weaker shilling should reflect better on the bottom line.

Thoughts welcome

Simmilar problems undoing KQ here. I would wait for higher travel numbers before doing something about it.

The ground will shift positively for KQ in the years to come - say after 2018, why?

1. The Greenfields Terminal will attract transit passengers this way. As it is, the new small Terminal 1-A is already diverting pax to JKIA from other regional ports.

2. The American's venture into shale oil will continue to see the oil prices heading South or otherwise cut the OPEC gluttony

3. The Mawingu Project will have come of age

Nothing on this...
possunt quia posse videntur
Mart_Consult
#22 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 10:02:25 AM

Just seen a tweet stating TPS SERENA has given a profit warning. Good entry point in the near future? Still believe the firm has good prospects going forward!
I went into the (Ferry) industry knowing the same thing I knew with all other businesses I went into- Nothing. Then I built it from there. - Sheldon Adelson (Titans at the Table- Giants of Macau)
mlennyma
#23 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 10:28:20 AM

http://mobile.reuters.co...N0VR06Z20150217?irpc=932
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
mkonomtupu
#24 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 10:56:50 AM

mlennyma wrote:
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSL5N0VR06Z20150217?irpc=932

interesting how this one was trading 2 million shares last week and they say NSE is not a fish market

Ok let's see how low this one will go
mlennyma
#25 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 11:11:47 AM

The introduction of value added taxes on tourism services and park fees in 2013 also affected Kenya's overall competitiveness,
Pesa Nane
#26 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 12:45:15 PM

Mart_Consult wrote:
Just seen a tweet stating TPS SERENA has given a profit warning. Good entry point in the near future? Still believe the firm has good prospects going forward!

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Aguytrying
#27 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 1:53:05 PM

The company is experiencing serious headwinds. Im shocked that coastal region business is still in bad shape. Nevertheless, its a good company, It should pull through in the next few years, hoping tourism picks up
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
mkonomtupu
#28 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 2:08:01 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
The company is experiencing serious headwinds. Im shocked that coastal region business is still in bad shape. Nevertheless, its a good company, It should pull through in the next few years, hoping tourism picks up

it will be quite a while before tourism recovers. Again there is a lot of competition coming up
Boris Boyka
#29 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 5:07:35 PM

mkonomtupu wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

it will be quite a while before tourism recovers. Again there is a lot of competition coming up

@Aguy is the buying guru, non of your convincing will stop him from buying untill he sees 1000% + in loss smile
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
Aguytrying
#30 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 5:34:15 PM

Boris Boyka wrote:
mkonomtupu wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

@Aguy is the buying guru, non of your convincing will stop him from buying untill he sees 1000% + in loss smile

haha. u just laugh at me, my laggards will wake up one day. kk already waking up
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
sparkly
#31 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 5:55:55 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
mkonomtupu wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

haha. u just laugh at me, my laggards will wake up one day. kk already waking up

Good company. Just buy slowly and wait for the recovery. Kenya is a tourism, horticulture and tea country. AND only the tourism industry books full profits onshore.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Boris Boyka
#32 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 6:24:46 PM

sparkly wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
mkonomtupu wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Good company. Just buy slowly and wait for the recovery. Kenya is a tourism, horticulture and tea country. AND only the tourism industry books full profits onshore.

Haha @Aguy....KK at least but still long way to go..i can sell you mine next month @ probably 11 there. all the best. na ukae hivo hivo (moi) one day ! utaonekaniwa sana.
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
VituVingiSana
#33 Posted : Wednesday, February 18, 2015 3:31:38 AM

Tough industry. Lots of competition. Solid management.

I am going to add more if the price falls to 35-ish ... the lower the better!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
The optimist
#34 Posted : Wednesday, February 18, 2015 8:29:14 AM

What's the purpose of issuing profit warnings after year has ended.
VituVingiSana
#35 Posted : Wednesday, February 18, 2015 10:01:11 AM

The optimist wrote:
What's the purpose of issuing profit warnings after year has ended.
#SwalaNyeti ... Unless there were factors beyond the control of the firm in the last Q or H, your question is valid!!! It is silly for firms to issue profit warnings just before they announce their results!

Williamson does it right. They remain pessimistic in their commentary. And issue PWs in their 1/2 year result announcements too!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
TheGeek
#36 Posted : Wednesday, February 18, 2015 1:06:47 PM

@stocksmaster should weigh in on this discussion.
In the world of securities, courage and patience become the supreme virtues after adequate knowledge and a tested judgment are at hand.
mazingira
#37 Posted : Wednesday, February 18, 2015 1:14:13 PM

I wouldnt touch anything tourism until 2018 tourism is not just tourism why kenya is declining is not just advisories. KENYA IS FAR TOO EXPENSIVE a destination compared to othe rlong hal places like goa like bangkok like vietnam
lochaz-index
#38 Posted : Wednesday, February 18, 2015 1:53:00 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Tough industry. Lots of competition. Solid management.

I am going to add more if the price falls to 35-ish ... the lower the better!

Ditto.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
mlennyma
#39 Posted : Wednesday, February 18, 2015 4:22:05 PM

In other news pan-african insurance issues a profit warning
Boris Boyka
#40 Posted : Wednesday, February 18, 2015 5:26:08 PM

I was about to touch this HOT pan. thank God i didn't because i could have waited longer.