wazua Wed, May 15, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

30 Pages«<1011121314>»
Uchumi - A value play?
mlennyma
#221 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 9:55:14 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
Uchumi is definitely headed to insolvency.Now can someone pliz enlighten me,when uchumi will be winded up,what happens to shareholders funds?

the shareholder has the highest chance of losing all their money if a company goes under,they can only be paid after all other debts are cleared so in the case of uchumi no shareholder can get a penny,you go home empty handed chewing cud
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Spikes
#222 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 9:55:52 AM

Plimsoul wrote:
murchr wrote:

Wow, that is a knock out blow. Poor Cytonn, I know they love their brand and this really hurts.

I can't listen to Cytonn Investments right from the beginning. They are the best at spreading falsehood like the gospel truth. Their botched plot to shaft Britam was enough lesson to learn from.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
enyands
#223 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 10:16:35 AM

Spikes wrote:
Plimsoul wrote:
murchr wrote:

Wow, that is a knock out blow. Poor Cytonn, I know they love their brand and this really hurts.

I can't listen to Cytonn Investments right from the beginning. They are the best at spreading falsehood like the gospel truth. Their botched plot to shaft Britam was enough lesson to learn from.

Laughing out loudly

Ebenyo
#224 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 8:42:19 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Uchumi is definitely headed to insolvency.Now can someone pliz enlighten me,when uchumi will be winded up,what happens to shareholders funds?

the shareholder has the highest chance of losing all their money if a company goes under,they can only be paid after all other debts are cleared so in the case of uchumi no shareholder can get a penny,you go home empty handed chewing cud

@mlennyma,thanks.Thats a very sad reality we shareholders face.Now i realize the importance of wazua forum.In two months i have been here,it has sharpen my skills that im very comfortable with all the companies i have invested in nse.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
watesh
#225 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 9:39:30 PM

The day i will go to Uchumi and find everything i want is the day i will invest, otherwise still waiting patiently for that Nakumatt listing on the stock market
VituVingiSana
#226 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 5:32:19 AM

sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Uchumi to receive a capital injection of sh.1.2bn from the government within the next 14 days

Who is the Treasury CS? Who is Uchumi CEO? Why is GOK wasting taxpayers money whereas Treasury has only 14.6% shareholding? This 1.2B will end up in Wailer's pockets. Ngoja tu
d'oh! Sad d'oh! Sad #Truth
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Spikes
#227 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 7:22:03 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Uchumi to receive a capital injection of sh.1.2bn from the government within the next 14 days

Who is the Treasury CS? Who is Uchumi CEO? Why is GOK wasting taxpayers money whereas Treasury has only 14.6% shareholding? This 1.2B will end up in Wailer's pockets. Ngoja tu

Unlike the real shafters CK DJ and Mworias at the helm of Centum, Treasury CS and CEO Uchumi are known for good track records. I don't think the money will be wasted unless Arap Mashamba sends proxies in the name of tenderpreneurs to raise campaign money.
VituVingiSana
#228 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 7:30:01 AM

Spikes wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Unlike the real shafters CK DJ and Mworias at the helm of Centum, Treasury CS and CEO Uchumi are known for good track records. I don't think the money will be wasted unless Arap Mashamba sends proxies in the name of tenderpreneurs to raise campaign money.

When a management with a reputation for brilliance tackles a business with a reputation for bad economics, it is the reputation of the business that remains intact. Warren Buffett
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.c.../w/warrenbuff163581.html
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
streetwise
#229 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 12:22:21 PM

Capital injection to be eaten again, please give us a break and shut the damn thing!!!!!!!
Plimsoul
#230 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 12:26:30 PM

Out of curiosity, who here still owns Uchumi shares? Mikono juu tafadhali
streetwise
#231 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 12:37:12 PM

No.1 . The Kenya Government - Meaning all of us
ARAP CHARLES
#232 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 12:45:19 PM

OK. 1.2b injection is not viable for this supermarket... they need to change the business change just everything... Uchumi I thing has tried everything.. with this.. it is a Big NO NO FOR ME....
Watch and Listen and Live
Plimsoul
#233 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 1:23:35 PM

streetwise wrote:
No.1 . The Kenya Government - Meaning all of us

LOL.

True, but some people opted to add to that minimum of their own volition.

These are the people we seek. These are the individuals to be counted.
mkate_nusu
#234 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 8:52:32 PM

Plimsoul wrote:

I still own 60 shares which my broker could not sell
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM
Plimsoul
#235 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 9:02:33 PM

mkate_nusu wrote:
Plimsoul wrote:

I still own 60 shares which my broker could not sell

Oh, odd lots that remained after selling all don't really count.

Good for you though.

Looks like Wazuans were wise to this one. No shareholders here. That's brilliant.
Chaka
#236 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 2:28:06 PM

Plimsoul wrote:

Zilch..but how many shares has the CEO acquired since he is so upbeat about that "dead" horse or is it "dying" horse?
streetwise
#237 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 2:38:24 PM

I think it’s now a corpse of a horse. The horse died long time ago.

Think about it like a shop in Ushagu whose owner has eaten the capital after selling the goods off. Kwisha.
ARAP CHARLES
#238 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 2:41:10 PM

VERY TRUE
streetwise wrote:
I think it’s now a corpse of a horse. The horse died long time ago.

Think about it like a shop in Ushagu whose owner has eaten the capital after selling the goods off. Kwisha.

Watch and Listen and Live
obiero
#239 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 3:33:02 PM

obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
enyands wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
enyands wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
Just wondering if any creditor say a bank might have relied on Lang'ata Branch title to secure a loan against Uchumi. Was the branch built during the days of good old dj?

The issue may not be the branch [or where it is located] but the 'other' land adjacent to Wilson. The original hypermart was built in the 90s when Suresh Shah was the MD when Uchumi was already a public company.

Hope DJ didn't have any hand in this
It would not surprise me. Not at all.

If that's the case let the shafting continue ....

kenyan land cases take ages,si wata collapse?

This can be tied up in court for upto 5 years! Poor Uchumi if they are on the winning side because it means it needs to spend cash to fight the case and cannot sell the property until the case is over.

hence reason it still appears on yasserbigchair stocks to sell

I would sell if I had shares here. This is a time bomb in the making . I feel sorry for the former kws, I guess he should go back to equity

I told you this guy is disruptive. Too quick to act. Simply asking around, would have made him aware that the Langata hyper land was illegally acquired. Heck, he could even have searched wazua!

On 15.10.2015 I warned all about the imminent doom. On 21.11.2015 a reminder was issued.. the exchange bar never gets it wrong. I sell KCB at 60 and it tanks all the way to KES 35, they call it luck. I offload HF at KES 30 and it falls to KES 19, they call it luck. Now, with KQ and it rises to KES 24, they shall again call it luck?? Binadamu jameni

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Spikes
#240 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 3:48:20 PM

obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
enyands wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
enyands wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
Just wondering if any creditor say a bank might have relied on Lang'ata Branch title to secure a loan against Uchumi. Was the branch built during the days of good old dj?

The issue may not be the branch [or where it is located] but the 'other' land adjacent to Wilson. The original hypermart was built in the 90s when Suresh Shah was the MD when Uchumi was already a public company.

Hope DJ didn't have any hand in this
It would not surprise me. Not at all.

If that's the case let the shafting continue ....

kenyan land cases take ages,si wata collapse?

This can be tied up in court for upto 5 years! Poor Uchumi if they are on the winning side because it means it needs to spend cash to fight the case and cannot sell the property until the case is over.

hence reason it still appears on yasserbigchair stocks to sell

I would sell if I had shares here. This is a time bomb in the making . I feel sorry for the former kws, I guess he should go back to equity

I told you this guy is disruptive. Too quick to act. Simply asking around, would have made him aware that the Langata hyper land was illegally acquired. Heck, he could even have searched wazua!

On 15.10.2015 I warned all about the imminent doom. On 21.11.2015 a reminder was issued.. the exchange bar never gets it wrong. I sell KCB at 60 and it tanks all the way to KES 35, they call it luck. I offload HF at KES 30 and it falls to KES 19, they call it luck. Now, with KQ and it rises to KES 24, they shall again call it luck?? Binadamu jameni

If you are not part of insider job how do you know 24/- high?