Hello Equitel
muganda
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:04:14 PM

The race begins...
muganda
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:20:16 PM

mlennyma
#3 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2014 11:59:40 AM

I'm going for the normal sim and I have no intention of getting the thin sim because I don't want interruption when the supermarket financial services are officially launched
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
poundfoolish
#4 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2014 12:36:54 PM

mlennyma wrote:
I'm going for the normal sim and I have no intention of getting the thin sim because I don't want interruption when the supermarket financial services are officially launched

Supermarket financial services?

From some experts, i also do gather that the thin sim might not work so well with our numerous Shaina fones. more so low end phones (where the targeted Market is).
Could that be the cause of the delay in launching the game changer?
Gordon Gekko
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 27, 2014 7:13:55 PM

muganda wrote:

The race begins...

How can Equitel dictate rates for calls to Equitel? Arent these for the originating networks to determine while considering the MTR?
Rankaz13
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 27, 2014 7:28:57 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
muganda wrote:

The race begins...

How can Equitel dictate rates for calls to Equitel? Arent these for the originating networks to determine while considering the MTR?

I thought those are the rates for Equitel-to-Equitel calls.
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
newfarer
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 27, 2014 8:42:03 PM

I will just watch,.thought they had rates za ma hustlers. what seduces me to ground my safcon line?

orange to other networks is 3 bob.I'd rather go orange.
punda amecheka
Impunity
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2014 3:37:52 PM

This is turning out to be anti-climax!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

quicksand
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2014 4:21:20 PM

poundfoolish wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

From some experts, i also do gather that the thin sim might not work so well with our numerous Shaina fones. more so low end phones (where the targeted Market is).

Perhaps they could provide a part-financed-part-subsidy scheme to those who can afford but are indifferent to technology,...kick them up to a very basic smartphone.

The dumbphone app stack is fixed and can't be expanded, not programmable. So, technophiles in the house, how will an stk application on a dumb phone know how to select a network when it hasn't been programmed to know a selection action is necessary?
My bet here is there is a technical complication with feature phones.
Can Equity just roll out the damn things already? The curiosity is killing me¡¡¡
jerry
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2014 4:41:32 PM

Impunity wrote:
This is turning out to be anti-climax!

If these/above rates are grom "Finsave"(what's the EB subsidially called!) the who idea is a non-starter.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
target1360
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2014 4:51:19 PM

if the data charges dont significantly drop then we wont move
I find satisfaction in owning great business,not trading them
jerry
#12 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2014 4:53:02 PM

Who are the other two MVNOs and what'd their intention(s)?
urstill1
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2014 4:55:23 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
muganda wrote:

The race begins...

Huyo kwa kina @Kiash, one is charged for receiving a call. So that is possible, however, I believe that's not what they meant.
Um Sayala
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2014 8:34:31 PM

target1360 wrote:
if the data charges dont significantly drop then we wont move

No data changes no move. and this Equitel can take to Equity.
"Peace is our profession, War is our business" ...Unknown
arkard
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2014 8:41:29 PM

quicksand wrote:
poundfoolish wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Perhaps they could provide a part-financed-part-subsidy scheme to those who can afford but are indifferent to technology,...kick them up to a very basic smartphone.

The dumbphone app stack is fixed and can't be expanded, not programmable. So, technophiles in the house, how will an stk application on a dumb phone know how to select a network when it hasn't been programmed to know a selection action is necessary?
Can Equity just roll out the damn things already? The curiosity is killing me¡¡¡

With the thin sim, only one simcard can work at a time. The thin sim be the default but in its stk there is a 'SIM2' option which allows you to choose to use the other sim. The only drawback is that you have to restart the phone when switch between the SIMs, but it's definitely much better than having to remove your battery.
Above all, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.
quicksand
#16 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2014 8:56:43 PM

arkard wrote:
quicksand wrote:
poundfoolish wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

With the thin sim, only one simcard can work at a time. The thin sim be the default but in its stk there is a 'SIM2' option which allows you to choose to use the other sim. The only drawback is that you have to restart the phone when switch between the SIMs, but it's definitely much better than having to remove your battery.

Applause Cool. Thanks for that explanation.
jwatesh
#17 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2014 9:21:43 PM

Looks like Equity's calling, data and sms rates wont be any different from safaricom. Their focus is just mobile money. They would have had me at cheap data bundles...but anyway will try it out if it doesnt confuse my phone
Rankaz13
#18 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2014 10:42:56 PM

quicksand wrote:
arkard wrote:
quicksand wrote:
poundfoolish wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Applause Cool. Thanks for that explanation.

Reminds me of how we used to make a dual-sim phone out of a single sim one back in the early 2000s. Tumetoka mbali.smile
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
Rankaz13
#19 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2014 10:50:33 PM

jerry wrote:
Who are the other two MVNOs and what'd their intention(s)?

Tangaza Pesa and KQ, I believe.
jerry
#20 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2014 10:58:15 PM

jwatesh wrote:
Looks like Equity's calling, data and sms rates wont be any different from safaricom. Their focus is just mobile money. They would have had me at cheap data bundles...but anyway will try it out if it doesnt confuse my phone

What will AirTel get if any?