mlennyma
#1 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2014 2:31:51 PM

How to tell the NSe has Topped.
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
kasibitta
#2 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2014 2:38:13 PM

mlennyma wrote:

@mlennyama....kindly start a thread with that tittle...

theking
#3 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2014 3:56:24 PM

kasibitta wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

there is one. madness at the NSE
kasibitta
#4 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2014 4:06:36 PM

theking wrote:
kasibitta wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

there is one. madness at the NSE

@theking....madness at NSE is good to explain when the bull is charging...as it is happening now.But when to tell exactly when the stock market is topping would also be good..

I think a title like....'How to tell the NSE has topped' would be more catchy
hisah
#5 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2014 6:18:39 PM

$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
kasibitta
#6 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 10:28:59 AM

hisah wrote:

thankyou Hisah...once in a awhile such reminders get me back on track when excitement wants sto overtake me....
kasibitta
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 4:48:04 PM

We have the following threads...
1.How to tell the NSE has bottomed out.started in 2008
2.Madness at the NSE.

Therefore, i believe a thread to also discuss how to tell when the NSE has maxed out is important.

Also noted, is that there is actually a movie titled MAXED OUT...(Maxed Out takes us on a journey deep inside the American debt-style, where everything seems okay as long as the minimum monthly payment arrives on time)

Based on the above, i seek the indulgence of wazua elders, chiefs, newfarers,members and Hellos based on their experiences to try and define the point at which the market maxes out.
hisah
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 5:22:42 PM

I started the bottomed out thread on July 13, 2011 when the market was skidding with no brakes and felt endless.

You are on the right track about topping out if you read the bottomed out 1st post.

I have been bearish this market since Nov 2013 while the market has continued to meltup. I closely follow Mpesa bank and it has proved to be a reliable signal since its IPO debut. The likes of @mukiri has been throwing stones at me for being the party spoiler with my never appearing sizable market selloff. False prophesy etc smile

NSE20 has the buying climax symptoms across many counters. When crappy stocks (very small caps) rally on endless price gaps on small volume, the market has run out of quality picks!
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
muganda
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 6:10:09 PM

dunkang
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 7:09:12 PM

hisah wrote:
I started the bottomed out thread on July 13, 2011 when the market was skidding with no brakes and felt endless.

You are on the right track about topping out if you read the bottomed out 1st post.

I have been bearish this market since Nov 2013 while the market has continued to meltup. I closely follow Mpesa bank and it has proved to be a reliable signal since its IPO debut. The likes of @mukiri has been throwing stones at me for being the party spoiler with my never appearing sizable market selloff. False prophesy etc smile

NSE20 has the buying climax symptoms across many counters. When crappy stocks (very small caps) rally on endless price gaps on small volume, the market has run out of quality picks!

@hisa, you have been singing this climax song for soooo looong, remember you sold SafCom at 5.80/-, didn't you?

I dare say, lets throw away all the valuation b.s and swim with the tide!!!
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

murchr
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 7:55:19 PM

Am never the pessimist, but yesterday I logged into FB and the "Hallo questions" we see here were there in some group. Someone asked how they can join the NSE band wagon and they were advised to buy 200 shares of HAFR for just 900/- (cheap ha!) and sell later for a PROFIT. Another told them to take some small loan if they dont have enough saved..THIS IS THE TIME. Then it clicked on me that the pigs are now ripe for slaughter. Watching shares like KORCH with the manipulation, EXPR floating with a PE of 700, i believe there are lessons to be learnt. But Still, there are bargians
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
sparkly
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 8:13:45 PM

dunkang wrote:
hisah wrote:

@hisa, you have been singing this climax song for soooo looong, remember you sold SafCom at 5.80/-, didn't you?

And hope the tide goes on and on answer...
Life is short. Live passionately.
its2013
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 8:22:33 PM

Pretty hurts
its2013
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 8:25:09 PM

murchr wrote:
Am never the pessimist, but yesterday I logged into FB and the "Hallo questions" we see here were there in some group. Someone asked how they can join the NSE band wagon and they were advised to buy 200 shares of HAFR for just 900/- (cheap ha!) and sell later for a PROFIT. Another told them to take some small loan if they dont have enough saved..THIS IS THE TIME. Then it clicked on me that the pigs are now ripe for slaughter. Watching shares like KORCH with the manipulation, EXPR floating with a PE of 700, i believe there are lessons to be learnt. But Still, there are bargians

Sounds like a FB page I'd like to read through for my bedtime reading. Like the VIPortal page... many want to be rich without struggling through the fundamentals.
Pretty hurts
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 8:45:59 PM

dunkang wrote:
hisah wrote:

True but remember, the trend is your friend except at the end when it bends - Ed Seykota
And we could be right at the end of that trend.Yesterday's NSE close of 5406 could as well be the top. Today, we were down 29 points. The top will be confirmed by week close. Watch out for the divergence, what @Hisah calls price gaps which have to be filled. Don't write him off as yet.
As i finish, most of this bull run you are seeing has been due to foreign buys. When the FED ups its cbr from 0.25 by mid June next year, the correction will be one to watch!
Locally, CBK has begun the excess liquidity mop up to tame the KES pressure. Higher interest rates are on the way. A shift to fixed income will follow.
#Staytuned
@SufficientlyP
hisah
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 9:42:43 PM

@dunkang - I've been selling mpesa bank in portions from 5.80 and not the entire holding. My portfolio is in the wazua google group.
Pesa Nane
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 10:00:01 PM

kasibitta wrote:
We have the following threads...
1.How to tell the NSE has bottomed out.started in 2008
2.Madness at the NSE.

Therefore, i believe a thread to also discuss how to tell when the NSE has maxed out is important.

Also noted, is that there is actually a movie titled MAXED OUT...(Maxed Out takes us on a journey deep inside the American debt-style, where everything seems okay as long as the minimum monthly payment arrives on time)

Based on the above, i seek the indulgence of wazua elders, chiefs, newfarers,members and Hellos based on their experiences to try and define the point at which the market maxes out.

....when we start discussions on 'How to tell NSE topped/maxed out' smile smile
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Aguytrying
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 10:26:17 PM

@dunkang. a full elder like you shouldn't be participating in this madness. you know how the monkey business story ended.

its monkey business at the NSE now.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Mukiri
#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2014 12:23:35 AM

sparkly wrote:
dunkang wrote:
hisah wrote:

And hope the tide goes on and on answer...

hehehe @Hisah, no stonesPray Just playing 'Devil's Advocate'smile

But you've been signing this song way too long, and the market isn't playing to your tune. Mara bearish on banks as they continue to thrive, mara 15th Sept is black Monday, yet market is no-where near the collapse you predict.... shedding off 20% didn't you say?

From where I stand, you are human...

Proverbs 19:21
murchr
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2014 12:53:40 AM

And where is guru?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore