wazua Sun, May 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

39 Pages«<23456>»
Our thugs are getting bolder by the day.
Alba
#61 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:11:13 PM

Vallerrie wrote:

Lets stop rationalizing crime. I was jobless for 2 full years and I never pointed a gun at anyone.
People turn to crime by choice.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

You are likely one of those people obsessed with voting based on tribe thats why you cant handle being told the truth.

I am not rationalizing crime. I am telling the plain truth. Study after study has shown that in most societies, there is direct correlation between crime and unemployment. I do not need to rationalize. Its human nature

Its a simple equation really. Massive corruption costs jobs because it hinders investments.

Lack of jobs for the youth forces many especially those on drugs to seek other avenues for money. And this often leads to crime.

And in Kenya you have a youth unemployment rate of 60% which means there are about 8 million unemployed youth. If even 5% of these resort to crime, then a country is in deep trouble.

So you continue voting for tribal leaders instead of leaders who address issues like corruption, insecurity, unemployment and then see where it gets you.

At some point Kenyans must realize that they need to elevate the level of public discourse and start discussing serious issues at election time. At some point Kenyans have to start holding leaders accountable for issues like crime, unemployment, corruption etc.

I mean really. Is it more important to walk around without fear of being mugged or is it more important to have a member of your tribe as Prezzi ? Are you happy always fearing for your friends, relatives , children etc ?

Swali tu
Alba
#62 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:17:21 PM

McReggae wrote:

Both have points: Joblessness leads to more crime but being jobless is no excuse to be a criminal!!!!

I am not excusing anything. You and others are making the error of expecting human beings to act rationally. I am sorry but it does not happen. The youth are especially irrational.

Look there are hundreds of studies done by respectable institutions that show a direct correlation between crime and unemployment.

Are you saying these Universities are also making excuses for crime ?

http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/crimwage.htm
Impunity
#63 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:18:22 PM

simonkabz wrote:
littledove wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Impunity wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
Impunity wrote:
2012 wrote:
These guys look like cops. Have you noticed how the guy is not even bothered to look behind like he so sure that nothing is coming?

They should be arrested and get executed at Nyayo stadium, all citizen should be given guns too. We should be a gun-country; no thug will attempt such stupid action if they knew you were also armed.

@impunity am with you on this one 105%. I have a number of friends who are licensed and they do jua Kali business where they turnover millions everyday. They carry the cash in a very reckless way. Picture a guy walking out of a bank with 3m cash in a paper bag.

Now in the last ten years, no robbery attempt has ever been made on these guys. Kumbe word goes out even to the thugs.

When I become chumed enough, I am getting one. 300k is all it costs for everything.

We should not even be talking about pistols, but M16s and above, carry it openly and it will serve as a deterrent.
Kila mtu ajitafutie.

ION: In UG hakuna hizi petty robberies of business premises coz all askari kangas have guns, hata kama ni 1930s hunting riffles they still send fear in to the veins of these infidels.

Shame on you Shame on you

yeah... kila mtu akuwe na kake! heshima all round!

you are damned if you dont have and you are more damned if you have one because they wount threaten you and then steal, they will gun you down and with accuracy because they know if they miss they are dead, there are some cases i know where suspected gun owners are short dead either for the gun or before robbery while those who dont have guns are just ordered to lie down, hijacked or tied before robbery.

You hit it, though owning a gun should be a very private/secret affair.

How about armoured cars? Is it still being done in Nairobi?

Armored cars are usually very heavy and will really impact on your fuel expenses even if you got the car for free! For starter the window glasses need to be thicker than those found in banking hall, and your car may not be allowed on those chap-chap roads in Machaa due to the overall weight of the car.
Sad
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

simonkabz
#64 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:25:39 PM

Alba wrote:
Vallerrie wrote:

Lets stop rationalizing crime. I was jobless for 2 full years and I never pointed a gun at anyone.
People turn to crime by choice.

You are likely one of those people obsessed with voting based on tribe thats why you cant handle being told the truth.

I am not rationalizing crime. I am telling the plain truth. Study after study has shown that in most societies, there is direct correlation between crime and unemployment. I do not need to rationalize. Its human nature

Its a simple equation really. Massive corruption costs jobs because it hinders investments.

Lack of jobs for the youth forces many especially those on drugs to seek other avenues for money. And this often leads to crime.

And in Kenya you have a youth unemployment rate of 60% which means there are about 8 million unemployed youth. If even 5% of these resort to crime, then a country is in deep trouble.

So you continue voting for tribal leaders instead of leaders who address issues like corruption, insecurity, unemployment and then see where it gets you.

Once again : Wakenya wanavuna walichopanda.

You speak as if unemployment is something you can create from nowhere, in a flash like a mchawi! Eradicating unemployment is not magic!!! If the youths engage in crime, finish them! They should be busy creating employment themselves which is possible......

Are the Tanzanian youth, ugandan youth all employed? Ethiopia should be leading in unemployment! Same as Somalia, South Sudan, Rwanda etc....how come Nairobi youth are leading in crime by far?

Kill them all!!!
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
mkenyan
#65 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:31:45 PM

Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
tycho wrote:
simonkabz wrote:
maka wrote:
30 killed in a month is a serious issue...

30 victims or thugs?

One could also say the victims are thugs, and the thugs victims. It's a matter of political affiliation.

It was in relation to the title of this thread...thugs I meant to state...do we know if those guys just robbed the fellow and left him with the car or they fled with it?(hapo kizungu imekuwa ngumu kidogosmile )

Fled in it!

(Fled with it sounds like they carried the car on their heads and ran away)

smile

Angelica _ann
#66 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:54:47 PM

Part of entrepreneurship by #teamenterprise
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
muganda
#67 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 4:17:07 PM

Bolder indeed; Java Gigiri six armed gunmen today. Looks a few will be shot dead.
tycho
#68 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 4:28:29 PM

Crime is about rebellion. And rebellion is a choice. It's a rational reaction. That's why generation after generation of youth die in numbers I suspect to be very high.

It goes beyond unemployment to subsystems that intentionally churn out criminals and crime. Like a slum. It creates crime by virtue of its implied psychology.

Which is in turn connected to the psychology of the well to do.

It's about how economies are designed. Politics and the distribution of power. Some outsiders will opt to rebel and embrace the death we think will deter them.

Instead of buying guns, we could try to love others as ourselves and clothe the naked, feed the hungry, and learn and share ways to fish. Let's learn to understand others and their experiences.

KulaRaha
#69 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 4:29:02 PM

Three thugs dead at Java...how stupid do you have to be to attack anywhere in Gigiri...there's always huge police, private security and embassy security everywhere.

Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Alba
#70 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 4:39:46 PM

simonkabz wrote:

You speak as if unemployment is something you can create from nowhere, in a flash like a mchawi! Eradicating unemployment is not magic!!! If the youths engage in crime, finish them! They should be busy creating employment themselves which is possible......

Are the Tanzanian youth, ugandan youth all employed? Ethiopia should be leading in unemployment! Same as Somalia, South Sudan, Rwanda etc....how come Nairobi youth are leading in crime by far?

Kill them all!!!

I have to laugh at this. You cant kill them all. There are 200,000 school leavers joining the ranks of the unemployed each year. Will you kill them all ?

Secondly, unemployment did not come from nowhere. It came from 40 years of poor policies. We have had 40 years of leaders not focusing on the issues that cause unemployment. We are to blame for that.

With regard to Tanzania, keep in mind that crime is not just a function of unemployment. It is also a function of the culture. Tanzanians are not predisposed to crime because its not tin their culture.

Tanzanians did not kill all the criminals as you are suggesting

Kenyans are predisposed to crime. It is in our culture. But the leaders we vote for have made matters worse because they are also thieves. The tribal leaders we proudly elect and defend have created culture of thievery. It is a kleptocracy.

When the youth see these leaders stealing from public coffers and getting away with it, they wonder why they too cannot steal. And once again we Kenyans are responsible for electing thieves, land grabbers and mass murderers.

If we elect thieves then how do we expect the youth to act any better ?
urstill1
#71 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 4:56:03 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
Three thugs dead at Java...how stupid do you have to be to attack anywhere in Gigiri...there's always huge police, private security and embassy security everywhere.

Investors usually say, high risk high returns. Thugs are also businessmen.
Alba
#72 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 4:57:23 PM

tycho wrote:
Crime is about rebellion. And rebellion is a choice. It's a rational reaction. That's why generation after generation of youth die in numbers I suspect to be very high.

It goes beyond unemployment to subsystems that intentionally churn out criminals and crime. Like a slum. It creates crime by virtue of its implied psychology.

Which is in turn connected to the psychology of the well to do.

It's about how economies are designed. Politics and the distribution of power. Some outsiders will opt to rebel and embrace the death we think will deter them.

Instead of buying guns, we could try to love others as ourselves and clothe the naked, feed the hungry, and learn and share ways to fish. Let's learn to understand others and their experiences.

First off its good to see someone offer something other than "Just kill them".

I agree with most of what you said. With regard to rebellion, I think its one of the factors. Basically our youth who have grown up poor see a lot of wealth around them.

Because we live in a society that condones kleptocracy, corruption and thievery by public officials, these youth also feel entitled to steal.

Their rationale is that : If the bigwigs are stealing then why cant we also steal ?

Again it goes back to the fact that we are electing leaders who have no intention of addressing thievery by public officials. In fact they themselves are the biggest thieves so what do you expect when the leadership is setting a bad example for the youth ?
maka
#73 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 4:59:50 PM

simonkabz wrote:
littledove wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Impunity wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
Impunity wrote:
2012 wrote:
These guys look like cops. Have you noticed how the guy is not even bothered to look behind like he so sure that nothing is coming?

They should be arrested and get executed at Nyayo stadium, all citizen should be given guns too. We should be a gun-country; no thug will attempt such stupid action if they knew you were also armed.

@impunity am with you on this one 105%. I have a number of friends who are licensed and they do jua Kali business where they turnover millions everyday. They carry the cash in a very reckless way. Picture a guy walking out of a bank with 3m cash in a paper bag.

Now in the last ten years, no robbery attempt has ever been made on these guys. Kumbe word goes out even to the thugs.

When I become chumed enough, I am getting one. 300k is all it costs for everything.

We should not even be talking about pistols, but M16s and above, carry it openly and it will serve as a deterrent.
Kila mtu ajitafutie.

ION: In UG hakuna hizi petty robberies of business premises coz all askari kangas have guns, hata kama ni 1930s hunting riffles they still send fear in to the veins of these infidels.

Shame on you Shame on you

yeah... kila mtu akuwe na kake! heshima all round!

you are damned if you dont have and you are more damned if you have one because they wount threaten you and then steal, they will gun you down and with accuracy because they know if they miss they are dead, there are some cases i know where suspected gun owners are short dead either for the gun or before robbery while those who dont have guns are just ordered to lie down, hijacked or tied before robbery.

You hit it, though owning a gun should be a very private/secret affair.

How about armoured cars? Is it still being done in Nairobi?

Yes it is...just thinking,does one sleep in the car?
possunt quia posse videntur
Angelica _ann
#74 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 5:00:43 PM

@Alba which Kenyan policians would we have elected who is not a thief? In one way or the other all were thieves including Dida?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
simonkabz
#75 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 5:01:19 PM

Alba wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

Kill them all!!!

I have to laugh at this. You cant kill them all. There are 200,000 school leavers joining the ranks of the unemployed each year. Will you kill them all ?

Secondly, unemployment did not come from nowhere. It came from 40 years of poor policies. We have had 40 years of leaders not focusing on the issues that cause unemployment. We are to blame for that.

With regard to Tanzania, keep in mind that crime is not just a function of unemployment. It is also a function of the culture. Tanzanians are not predisposed to crime because its not tin their culture.

Tanzanians did not kill all the criminals as you are suggesting

Kenyans are predisposed to crime. It is in our culture. But the leaders we vote for have made matters worse because they are also thieves. The tribal leaders we proudly elect and defend have created culture of thievery. It is a kleptocracy.

When the youth see these leaders stealing from public coffers and getting away with it, they wonder why they too cannot steal. And once again we Kenyans are responsible for electing thieves, land grabbers and mass murderers.

If we elect thieves then how do we expect the youth to act any better ?

You are the kind who throw around big words like unemployment sijui corrupt govt missing the crux of the matter by a kilometre. Any youth wielding a gun should be shot on sight.

FYI, there is more poverty in TZ and Ethiopia, not much crime to write home about. Your twisted theory evaporates pap! They have worse governments in all honesty, worse systems!

If our culture is the one producing criminals, shoot them dead till kingdom come! Mambo ya sirikali oh unemployment you can whine till the end of the world, they will never end. Ata huko kwenu kwa kina Kiash we see the stats. To pick a gun to go n steal is purely by CHOICE, apana tetea hawa watu.

TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
maka
#76 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 5:04:22 PM

urstill1 wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Investors usually say, high risk high returns. Thugs are also businessmen.

Ka mbaya mbaya...
possunt quia posse videntur
Alba
#77 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 5:06:56 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
@Alba which Kenyan policians would we have elected who is not a thief? In one way or the other all were thieves including Dida?

Thats exactly the point. We should have higher standards. In Kenya the standard for being elected to most posts is to be a tribal chief.

If we voted on issues, it would be possible for a person to win based on track record and ideas. In 2008 Obama was elected mostly based on his ideas. he was a nobody as recently as 2006. But people liked his ideas. Thats why Africa is a black hole. Our priorities are twisted.

It will take a massive cultural shift. But it must start somewhere. Or else this is a wasted generation of tribalism.
Alba
#78 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 5:11:51 PM

simonkabz wrote:

You are the kind who throw around big words like unemployment sijui corrupt govt missing the crux of the matter by a kilometre. Any youth wielding a gun should be shot on sight.

FYI, there is more poverty in TZ and Ethiopia, not much crime to write home about. Your twisted theory evaporates pap! They have worse governments in all honesty, worse systems!

If our culture is the one producing criminals, shoot them dead till kingdom come! Mambo ya sirikali oh unemployment you can whine till the end of the world, they will never end. Ata huko kwenu kwa kina Kiash we see the stats. To pick a gun to go n steal is purely by CHOICE, apana tetea hawa watu.

This is such nonsense. We have been shooting thieves dead for the last 20 years and has it reduced crime ?

I mean seriously tell us. has shooting thugs dead reduced crime ?

No crime keeps increasing as we shoot thugs on a daily basis. The reason is that we are not addressing the root causes of crime.

I have already explained above that Ethiopia and Tanzania do not have a culture of crime. But Kenya and South Africa do.

I believe it has something to do with the fact that the first president of Tanzania, Nyerere created a culture where stealing and ammassing huge wealth was not acceptable nor expected.

Ethiopia and Tanzania had misguided ideas about socialism and equality during the 1960s, 70s and 80s. But whereas it created poverty, it created a society that was not greed-driven like Kenya.

In Kenya we have the opposite situation. Our presidents have all created a culture where public officials routinely steal. In fact our leaders look down on public officials who dont enrich themselves by stealing. This behaviour eventually trickles down to the youth.

Whats needed is a happy medium. A culture where wealth is encouraged but only if obtained legally. And here is where the leaders we elect have failed Kenyans badly.
urstill1
#79 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 5:13:37 PM

Alba wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Thats exactly the point. We should have higher standards. In Kenya the standard for being elected to most posts is to be a tribal chief.

If we voted on issues, it would be possible for a person to win based on track record and ideas. In 2008 Obama was elected mostly based on his ideas. he was a nobody as recently as 2006. But people liked his ideas. Thats why Africa is a black hole. Our priorities are twisted.

It will take a massive cultural shift. But it must start somewhere. Or else this is a wasted generation of tribalism.

Utaongoja sana that cultural shift.
Alba
#80 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 5:17:19 PM

urstill1 wrote:
Alba wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Utaongoja sana that cultural shift.

Thats why I said "wasted generation".

I dont expect it to happen soon. Maybe not even in my lifetime. But if Kenya is ever lucky to find a transformative charismatic, brave leader like Lyndon Johnson (see the civil rights movement) then maybe.

It will take a leader with no ties to past governments who is dedicated to eradicating corruption. A leader who has never benefited from thievery.