wazua Tue, May 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

39 Pages«<2021222324>»
Our thugs are getting bolder by the day.
hardwood
#421 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2016 3:50:20 PM

FRM2011
#422 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2016 6:10:17 PM

Jesus! High school kids torture nd execute a man, hide body in the boot.http://citizentv.co.ke/news/carjacking-teens-who-killed-a-motorist-arrested-in-nakuru-118474/
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#423 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2016 2:48:46 PM

Creditcard skimmers beware of them

https://web.facebook.com...796608530444187&_rdr
sitaki.kujulikana
#424 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 7:12:19 PM

Young boy killed by kidnappers
been following that story and the ending is not good, very sad.
newfarer
#425 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 7:51:40 PM

Machakos County. Athiriver Sub County. ATTEMPTED ROBBERY/SHOOTING: On 14/6/16 at 2230hrs at Gitunguri ,airways eagle court within Mlolongo Police station area.Mr Peter Muturi in company of his wife Lucy Wamboi and their son Melvin Kanene whom was driving their family car Reg. No. KCE 410K Make ISIS from Nairobi to their home. They arrived at their main gate to the compound ,Peter Muturi alighted to open the gate.Three men armed with a pistol accosted him and shot indiscriminately forcing his son to drive away in company of his mother. They alerted administration police officers from Githunguri Ap post who quickly responded to the scene only to find Mr Peter Muturi having been shot twice on the chest . The officers rushed the said victim to Saint Bakhita dispensary where he was pronounced dead upon arrival. Nothing was stolen from the victims. Necessary action has been taken,two spent cartridges of 9mm were recovered from the scene. Body removed to Chiromo mortuary awaiting postmortem. Manhunt for the thugs has been commenced . case PUI.
punda amecheka
chemirocha
#426 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 7:11:08 AM

[quote=Cornelius Vanderbilt]Creditcard skimmers beware of them

https://web.facebook.com...96608530444187&_rdr[/quote]

As long as you keep your PIN secure, modern EMV cards are immune to card skimming. The Americans are the only ones still using the old generation cards.
FRM2011
#427 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 10:49:03 PM

Folks I've noticed no one is talking about the lawyer who was abducted together with his client and driver.

Guess by now we are honest to admit that chances of the guys being found alive are quite slim indeed. Glad Lsk and Knhcr are piling pressure.

Am throwing an open question here especially to security experts. Is there wisdom in "cooperating" with armed thugs as we are usually advised by cops. These guys were taken in broad daylight !

A few months ago, two guys were abducted at kikopey at 11am in broad daylight in front of very many witnesses. Their bodies were found later that evening.

Four terrorists did the worst at Garissa university college. It's said they lured very many young girls out of their hiding places by lieing that they don't kill women and children. And so they moved from room to room. Can't imagine the terror as those kids waited for the inevitable. And can't help but wonder what if someone had fought back.

Love watching crime & investigations channel 170 and am convinced accepting to be abducted and hoping for the best from the thugs isn't a very smart strategy.

But am saying this from the comfort of my sitting room.

Maybe there is a wazua who can give a better perspective informed by expertise.
harrydre
#428 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 10:59:13 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
Folks I've noticed no one is talking about the lawyer who was abducted together with his client and driver.

Guess by now we are honest to admit that chances of the guys being found alive are quite slim indeed. Glad Lsk and Knhcr are piling pressure.

Am throwing an open question here especially to security experts. Is there wisdom in "cooperating" with armed thugs as we are usually advised by cops. These guys were taken in broad daylight !

A few months ago, two guys were abducted at kikopey at 11am in broad daylight in front of very many witnesses. Their bodies were found later that evening.

Four terrorists did the worst at Garissa university college. It's said they lured very many young girls out of their hiding places by lieing that they don't kill women and children. And so they moved from room to room. Can't imagine the terror as those kids waited for the inevitable. And can't help but wonder what if someone had fought back.

Love watching crime & investigations channel 170 and am convinced accepting to be abducted and hoping for the best from the thugs isn't a very smart strategy.

What's the case about? Are they the plaintiffs or defendants?
i.am.back!!!!
FRM2011
#429 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 7:13:07 AM

harrydre wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:

It's pretty scary actually. The client was accused in a criminal case for bhang possession. But his claim was that an AP officer had shot him over a personal grudge. He had filled the case with IPOA and had reported threats from the officer telling him to drop the case.
maka
#430 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 9:47:25 AM

FRM2011 wrote:
harrydre wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:

It's pretty scary actually. The client was accused in a criminal case for bhang possession. But his claim was that an AP officer had shot him over a personal grudge. He had filled the case with IPOA and had reported threats from the officer telling him to drop the case.

Criminal cases are the worst in Kenya...anyway in most countries.
possunt quia posse videntur
kayhara
#431 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 10:07:23 AM

chemirocha wrote:

As long as you keep your PIN secure, modern EMV cards are immune to card skimming. The Americans are the only ones still using the old generation cards.

But I have noted a couple of times Naivas just swipe my CFC card even though it has the chip, when they swipe there is no oin option,does this mean the cards are still unsafe?
To Each His Own
Speculz
#432 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 12:34:29 PM

kayhara wrote:
chemirocha wrote:

But I have noted a couple of times Naivas just swipe my CFC card even though it has the chip, when they swipe there is no oin option,does this mean the cards are still unsafe?

Your bank card or the loyalty card?
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Stephen Wright
Impunity
#433 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 1:46:10 PM

Speculz wrote:
kayhara wrote:
chemirocha wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

But the even today most of the loyalty cards use the "chip"...my Naivas has chip.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Speculz
#434 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 1:52:00 PM

Impunity wrote:
Speculz wrote:
kayhara wrote:
chemirocha wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

But the even today most of the loyalty cards use the "chip"...my Naivas has chip.

I know that, I asked a specific question bank card or loyalty card .Just because a loyalty card has a chip does not automatically mean it has a pin enabled on it. Final authentication can be pin,signature or biometric.

For Naivas - The loyalty card uses a bank branded card ( issued by Naivas) ,not to be confused with a bank issued card which will always use either of the three methods above before a transaction is carried out.
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Stephen Wright
Obi 1 Kanobi
#435 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 2:08:35 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
harrydre wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:

"Our thugs" in this instance must be cops. Including a police system that refuses to check an errant member even when they have potentially committed kidnap and possible murder
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Jump-steady
#436 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 4:06:11 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
harrydre wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:

"Our thugs" in this instance must be cops. Including a police system that refuses to check an errant member even when they have potentially committed kidnap and possible murder

Yup! They are cops, in most instances. If not, then ex-cops working closely with the official ones. That is what i would like believe. Our Police are rotten to the core!
Impunity
#437 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 5:39:10 PM

Speculz wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Speculz wrote:
kayhara wrote:
chemirocha wrote:

I know that, I asked a specific question bank card or loyalty card .Just because a loyalty card has a chip does not automatically mean it has a pin enabled on it. Final authentication can be pin,signature or biometric.

For Naivas - The loyalty card uses a bank branded card ( issued by Naivas) ,not to be confused with a bank issued card which will always use either of the three methods above before a transaction is carried out.

Naivas card is Chase issued and no pin is required to authenticate purchase at the counter but an ID is required.

When used in an ATM then a PIN should be required, I will try today and see if a pin will be asked at an ATM.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

FRM2011
#438 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 11:23:36 AM

FRM2011 wrote:

Update. Bodies found in Ndonyo sabuk river. Guess this is what living in a banana republic means.
streetwise
#439 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 11:36:16 AM

Very scary indeed , so the guy should have hired thugs to fix the policeman instead of following the law. That way he may have been alive today
Muheani
#440 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 12:52:45 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:

Update. Bodies found in Ndonyo sabuk river. Guess this is what living in a banana republic means.

This is really one very sad happenstance.
Gosh..shocking.