18 Pages«<56789>»
Low End Housing: High Risk, High Return
obiero
#121 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 7:14:13 AM

@wazua NEMA NCA fee scrapped in the budget. only for Sacco or everyone

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
ChuckNorris
#122 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 4:28:10 PM

There is research on the most profitable type of real estate investing in terms of limited budget https://tranio.com/traniopedia/tips/high_yields_on_real_estate_where_to_find_them_and_what_to_know/. It says that a short-term rental property would make you a stable and high profit – about 5% yield. To minimise risk, you can use the services of professional management companies (this costs 20−25% of the total rental revenue), the expenses will be rewarded with higher occupancy rates. The best choice is one-bedroom apartment in the center of a big european city.
obiero
#123 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 6:26:05 PM

ChuckNorris wrote:
There is research on the most profitable type of real estate investing in terms of limited budget https://tranio.com/traniopedia/tips/high_yields_on_real_estate_where_to_find_them_and_what_to_know/. It says that a short-term rental property would make you a stable and high profit – about 5% yield. To minimise risk, you can use the services of professional management companies (this costs 20−25% of the total rental revenue), the expenses will be rewarded with higher occupancy rates. The best choice is one-bedroom apartment in the center of a big european city.

positive piece right there..

obiero
#124 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 12:19:18 PM

now they realize :) http://www.businessdaily.../-/152iagiz/-/index.html

phytovydetox
#125 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 7:46:30 PM

The best thing about martial arts is it’s really for everybody, no matter their skill level or body type.” Jeffrey Lipton then adds to his encouragement, “I recommend anyone who is interested to give [martial arts] a try, you have nothing to lose, jeffrey lipton permanent value.” He even credits practicing martial arts with improving almost all aspects of his daily life and physically and mentally benefit from being a part of martial arts. Outside of work, Lipton competes in taekwondo competitions and has been doing so for almost 30 years.
obiero
#126 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 3:57:56 PM

obiero wrote:
@wazua NEMA NCA fee scrapped in the budget. only for Sacco or everyone
These NEMA people are just the ones. I already paid them, EIA report done and all, but still they gather courage to write a long letter with the following words therein "DO NOT commence construction until we grant written authority.."

obiero
#127 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 11:49:17 AM

Have had to forward these NEMA people to the ombudsman.. Even after being paid the 0.1% of total project cost they behave like true civil servants of yester-years; nonchalant!!!

obiero
#128 Posted : Friday, November 04, 2016 5:59:10 PM

Green means go http://www.businessdaily...439032-6o05up/index.html

obiero
#129 Posted : Friday, November 04, 2016 6:01:54 PM

It's official, smaller sized units rentals demand remains highest and most lucrative.. http://www.businessdaily...439032-6o05up/index.html

shadowinvestor
#130 Posted : Monday, November 07, 2016 8:36:10 PM

Money from Kileleshwa or from Kawangware is the same. Met a guy with 500 single mabati units. The guy is a large tax payer. His units average 3k each. fanya hesabu, if the math makes sense it makes sense

obiero wrote:
Speculz wrote:
popat wrote:
Guyz while you are at this Mabati houses business,someone is giving me the idea leasing land in some of these slum like areas like Uthiru,Kangemi,Kawangware and putting up those single structures.Urguably the monthly rent payable to the land owner goes for like 50k p.m. for a 1/8 of an acre.So you lease for like 10 years.Do the structure and wait for the watejas.Am told that nowadays most of the structures coming up in these areas are done in such a manner since wenyeji hawauzi mashamba.Can someone tells us the possible pitfalls for such a venture.I can imagine considering the minimal cost of this investment you would be better off doing multiple units of such instead of the 5 storied stuctures anywhere in this Nairobi.

Major pitfall - The non paying watejas . Keep in mind after the lease ,you leave the structures as is .

shocked to see that someone is even thinking of such as an idea

obiero
#131 Posted : Monday, November 07, 2016 9:31:40 PM

obiero wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
obiero wrote:
mungaits wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

After successfully completening putting up some 20 single rooms in Kiambu county, I've decided to upscale kidogo and build bed sitters.

The single rooms measuring about 12 by 12 costed approx 3m excluding cost of the plot.

For those who have done bed sitters,
- what's the ideal dimensions
- approx cost per unit
- floor plans options
- anyone tried these new EPS technologies

If we can't upload photos and documents here, can we share on the Wazuans Google group?

(Or start a Wazuans whatsapp group without Bro Ocholla)

Asanteni

This are the site, architectural plans and artist impressions as requested:
Subject property

Access Road

Front view

Entrance view

you have decided to mess the homes nearby.

Minimal impact.. Assesment has been undertaken

obiero
#132 Posted : Monday, November 07, 2016 9:52:50 PM

shadowinvestor wrote:
Money from Kileleshwa or from Kawangware is the same. Met a guy with 500 single mabati units. The guy is a large tax payer. His units average 3k each. fanya hesabu, if the math makes sense it makes sense

obiero wrote:
Speculz wrote:
popat wrote:
Guyz while you are at this Mabati houses business,someone is giving me the idea leasing land in some of these slum like areas like Uthiru,Kangemi,Kawangware and putting up those single structures.Urguably the monthly rent payable to the land owner goes for like 50k p.m. for a 1/8 of an acre.So you lease for like 10 years.Do the structure and wait for the watejas.Am told that nowadays most of the structures coming up in these areas are done in such a manner since wenyeji hawauzi mashamba.Can someone tells us the possible pitfalls for such a venture.I can imagine considering the minimal cost of this investment you would be better off doing multiple units of such instead of the 5 storied stuctures anywhere in this Nairobi.

Major pitfall - The non paying watejas . Keep in mind after the lease ,you leave the structures as is .

@shadowinvestor I agree with you. Slum Lords reap heavy sums but that line of trade needs a heavy duty thick skin. I personally have thought about it but lack the tenacity to implement.. it's official, smaller sized unit rentals demand remains highest and most lucrative in sub Sahara Africa .. http://www.businessdaily...39032-6o05up/index.html

shadowinvestor
#133 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2016 2:26:16 PM

True it needs a particular kind of ruthlessness as most of your tenants can hardly hold on to jobs. would be interested if someone here has done any outside Nairobi county

obiero wrote:
shadowinvestor wrote:

obiero wrote:
Speculz wrote:
popat wrote:

@shadowinvestor I agree with you. Slum Lords reap heavy sums but that line of trade needs a heavy duty thick skin. I personally have thought about it but lack the tenacity to implement.. it's official, smaller sized unit rentals demand remains highest and most lucrative in sub Sahara Africa .. http://www.businessdaily...39032-6o05up/index.html

washiku
#134 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2016 3:42:02 PM

popat wrote:

Done it for sometime now. Don't collect the rent yourself if you can't handle the tenants. Get an agent, pay them well(about 10pc) and they pay you by a specific date for every house occupied whether its paid for or not. For you its none of your business whether they have collected or not...yours is to ensure the houses are in good shape, amenities are in place(water, electricity-prepaid obviously, garbage collection, caretaker to clean the place every day-they are low cost and one of the deal to keep them motivated is giving them one of the unit for free as their house plus some monthly salo etc).

Good thing is you recoup your money in about 1-2 years. The remain 10 years are your profit. Build many and you can use them to build your house and move on.
washiku
#135 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2016 3:43:46 PM

shadowinvestor wrote:
True it needs a particular kind of ruthlessness as most of your tenants can hardly hold on to jobs. would be interested if someone here has done any outside Nairobi county

obiero wrote:
shadowinvestor wrote:

obiero wrote:
Speculz wrote:
popat wrote:

My friend have done them huko past Kitengela. They do well in areas near flower farms, factories or such areas with huge casual laborers.
EngineerLMG
#136 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2016 5:08:22 PM

washiku wrote:
shadowinvestor wrote:

obiero wrote:
shadowinvestor wrote:

obiero wrote:
Speculz wrote:
popat wrote:

My friend have done them huko past Kitengela. They do well in areas near flower farms, factories or such areas with huge casual laborers.

That's some good info.
Angelica _ann
#137 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2016 5:17:57 PM

washiku wrote:

washiku wrote:
Done it for sometime now. Don't collect the rent yourself if you can't handle the tenants. Get an agent, pay them well(about 10pc) and they pay you by a specific date for every house occupied whether its paid for or not. For you its none of your business whether they have collected or not...yours is to ensure the houses are in good shape, amenities are in place(water, electricity-prepaid obviously, garbage collection, caretaker to clean the place every day-they are low cost and one of the deal to keep them motivated is giving them one of the unit for free as their house plus some monthly salo etc).

Good thing is you recoup your money in about 1-2 years. The remain 10 years are your profit. Build many and you can use them to build your house and move on.

Yawa jameni smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
washiku
#138 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2016 5:45:25 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
washiku wrote:

washiku wrote:

Lol...Hii ni my friend wa ukweli, sio wale wa green section
obiero
#139 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2016 6:05:57 PM

washiku wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
washiku wrote:

washiku wrote:

Lols

Swenani
#140 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2016 6:43:06 PM

washiku wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
washiku wrote:

washiku wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?