wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

18 Pages«<23456>»
Low End Housing: High Risk, High Return
Bachuma Gate
#61 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2015 9:01:39 PM

Forgot to say National Park also in the neigbhourhood.
DOH
obiero
#62 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 4:58:40 PM

Yet to break ground and already associated costs have passed KES 250,000. i.e valuation 25k, architectural plans 80k, legal fee 80k, county stamps 61k, public health 9k.. Imagine that! While fuel and miscellenous costs not factored.. Building is an ardous task

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
tinker
#63 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 5:14:49 PM

obiero wrote:
Yet to break ground and already associated costs have passed KES 250,000. i.e valuation 25k, architectural plans 80k, legal fee 80k, county stamps 61k, public health 9k.. Imagine that! While fuel and miscellenous costs not factored.. Building is an ardous task

@Obiero

Have you sorted "Change of user", NEMA and NCA?.
This are other areas where they gobbles a lot.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
gatoho
#64 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 6:30:45 PM

tinker wrote:
obiero wrote:

@Obiero

This is where am stuck!
Foresight..
obiero
#65 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 7:39:17 PM

gatoho wrote:
tinker wrote:
obiero wrote:

@Obiero

This is where am stuck!

The contractor shall deal with those two.. NEMA should be 50k and NCA 5k. Government is very inefficient. Why not pay all the costs at one place since most are standard costs..

obiero
#66 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2015 9:17:17 AM

obiero wrote:
gatoho wrote:
tinker wrote:
obiero wrote:

@Obiero

This is where am stuck!

The contractor shall deal with those two.. NEMA should be 50k and NCA 5k. Government is very inefficient. Why not pay all the costs at one place since most are standard costs..

And now the city planner has held onto my documents for over two weeks citing need for kk.. Nitamaliza mtu!

obiero
#67 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2015 10:55:25 PM

obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
gatoho wrote:
tinker wrote:
obiero wrote:

@Obiero

This is where am stuck!

And now the city planner has held onto my documents for over two weeks citing need for kk.. Nitamaliza mtu!

Alas. The documents have been released, but unstamped! This is Kenya!!! Now, the county government of Kisii has advised they need a further KES 80,000 for change of user gazettement while NEMA maintain their initial cost.. The 300k mark has already been crossed on set up fees, prior to any form of ground breaking!

S.Mutaga III
#68 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2015 8:02:45 PM

I am thinking of going the real estate route. I have a few questions for the veterans,especially those who have invested in bedsitters. 1) How many bedsitters can fit in a 50*100 plot? 2) After factoring all costs including the cost of land, what are the rental yields for bedsitters if one decides to build it tthemselves I.e Obiero style?
A successful man is not he who gets the best, it is he who makes the best from what he gets.
kyt
#69 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2015 12:25:46 AM

Mutaga 15_18%
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
Chaka
#70 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2015 9:29:11 AM

kyt wrote:
Mutaga 15_18%

Is this for ground floor units only or multistorey?Also,is it for places where there is a sewer line or septic?
kyt
#71 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2015 11:52:57 AM

Chaka wrote:
kyt wrote:
Mutaga 15_18%

Is this for ground floor units only or multistorey?Also,is it for places where there is a sewer line or septic?

For ground floor the roi will be lower of course. Thisis for places where there are sewer lines
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
mungaits
#72 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2015 8:13:06 AM

Hi Wazuans,

After successfully completening putting up some 20 single rooms in Kiambu county, I've decided to upscale kidogo and build bed sitters.

The single rooms measuring about 12 by 12 costed approx 3m excluding cost of the plot.

For those who have done bed sitters,
- what's the ideal dimensions
- approx cost per unit
- floor plans options
- anyone tried these new EPS technologies

If we can't upload photos and documents here, can we share on the Wazuans Google group?

(Or start a Wazuans whatsapp group without Bro Ocholla)

Asanteni
tmakto
#73 Posted : Sunday, November 01, 2015 3:33:57 AM

mic_mic wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
anyone with sample architectural plans for a studio apartment please share here..

Could have posted the plan. But hard posting photos in wazua.

I have noticed this is a common problem for Wazuans. I'll explain briefly how to post a photo here -- the easiest way i know. Hopefully, some of us will learn a thing or 2.

1. Open an account with imgur.com -- a photo sharing web app.

http://imgur.com/

2. Login and upload your picture

3. After the upload, you should have these alternatives as shown on this picture. Copy the encircled link and paste it here

4. Good to go & repeat

I hope this helped someone! Cheers!

Thanks mic_mic, was useful indeed!
obiero
#74 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2015 1:19:10 PM

mungaits wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

After successfully completening putting up some 20 single rooms in Kiambu county, I've decided to upscale kidogo and build bed sitters.

The single rooms measuring about 12 by 12 costed approx 3m excluding cost of the plot.

- approx cost per unit
- floor plans options

If we can't upload photos and documents here, can we share on the Wazuans Google group?

Asanteni

This are the site, architectural plans and artist impressions as requested:
Subject property

Access Road

Front view

Entrance view

sitaki.kujulikana
#75 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2015 12:49:36 AM

obiero wrote:
mungaits wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

- approx cost per unit
- floor plans options

Asanteni

Subject property

Access Road

Front view

Entrance view

you have decided to mess the homes nearby.
obiero
#76 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2015 6:56:55 AM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
obiero wrote:
mungaits wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

- approx cost per unit
- floor plans options

Asanteni

Subject property

Access Road

Front view

Entrance view

you have decided to mess the homes nearby.

Minimal impact.. Assesment has been undertaken

obiero
#77 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2016 3:27:35 PM

Just landed at Suneka airstrip.. headed to site. finally the damn county accepted to receive the drawings, but are yet to stamp the same. decided to excavate, meanwhile.. Since the architect mentioned that doesnt need approval, and the worst that can happen is to be asked to increase sq m per unit and not outright cancellation of the project

muandiwambeu
#78 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2016 7:09:47 PM

obiero wrote:
Am wrote:
[quote=obiero]After much research and analysis, I have noted that a bedsitter four floored flat rather than three bedroom apartments on similar floor number is more cost effective. The basis of logic lies in the fact that more units in the same floor space provides more income.. Indeed rent collection may be more challenging on the bedsitters, but as the saying goes; high risk, high return

True. Of course the area/location is a factor also but ovearall, bedsitters - one bedrooms - 2 bedrooms in that order are better in returns. Wanted to put up some bedsitters somewhere in east lands but the local Kanjora is against it in the area claiming young people expected to rent such are a problem for the locals. Have given in and opted for 1 bed room on 1st and 2nd floors, and may do different plan on upper floors later..

you can always trust the government to frustate a young man who has valid dream

Have you ever heard of physical planning act? Zoning areas? If your knows that, your consulting well. Further, law is ment to be objective and not subjective, since, even if you were to differ a change of user would see that zoning and planning issue resolved easily. I marvel at ignorance exhibited by Kenyans on even the merest of legal rights and legal duties. I was surprised to hear a lands officer tell me lands documents are so confidential that an application for asearch or even an approved land map could not be acquired from their offices. I scoffed them off. Kudos @obiero. Status quo will change when your online application to lands or whatever GOK offices is payable by MPESA at the comfort of your master ensuite 24/7 and no bureaucratic letharies is directed at you. A p&psionable officer telling you are making his duties difficult, do I even care, there are so many jobless Kenyans eager to assist. Mbona hakuna kazi ndio lugha everywhere, if these burgers are genuinely so overburdened? Sad
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
Chaka
#79 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2016 11:12:13 PM

obiero wrote:
Just landed at Suneka airstrip.. headed to site. finally the damn county accepted to receive the drawings, but are yet to stamp the same. decided to excavate, meanwhile.. Since the architect mentioned that doesnt need approval, and the worst that can happen is to be asked to increase sq m per unit and not outright cancellation of the project

@obiero,I wish to know if there are scheduled flights to Suneka?Or you own an aircraft?
enyands
#80 Posted : Sunday, February 14, 2016 12:20:12 AM

Chaka wrote:
[quote=obiero]Just landed at Suneka airstrip.. headed to site. finally the damn county accepted to receive the drawings, but are yet to stamp the same. decided to excavate, meanwhile.. Since the architect mentioned that doesnt need approval, and the worst that can happen is to be asked to increase sq m per unit and not outright cancellation of the project

Tutalala leo kweli